Site feedback - Please read the post so your comment does not get DELETED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I don't really give an advice because so far there are no big problems (both old and new versions)..at least for me.

There is a pretty change I like:
- Filter manga feature
Now it's much easier, I don't remember well, but when I first joined it was a little difficult to find a specific title. Intend to look for manga but mix with manhwa, but now there is no problem because there are include and exclude.
- Featured manga
On mobile, it's too annoying if it's placed at the bottom. It looks messy. It is better if the position is placed at the top like the old batoto.
- Reading on mobile
This might just happen to me, I'm not so sure. There are problems encountered while reading, I use the scroll system instead of the single page, after the image has finished loading I have difficulty when scrolling down and always being forced to pull up to the top.
Any suggestion? Or do I have to wait until all the images are loaded? My internet connection is good but looks too heavy when loaded and has to wait. I don't have a problem with my phone either.
- If possible, maybe a specific genre filter can be given on the main page, not only language filter. As an example, I don't really like yaoi/yuri/hentai so I don't want it to appear (it will make it easier to find new readings). I don't hate it, but if possible I don't want to see it. Quite uncomfortable.

I like it with the beta ver, it's more practical and nice to see than the old one (it suits with Google Chrome). But because there are additions, expect not to eat as many places as possible.
But I admit that the beta is looking good only on mobile, not for pc.

Power Uploader
1. This happening in some language interfaces and overlaying part of the page on smaller resolutions
2qvs6ec.png

2. No way to filter groups by language.

Dex-chan lover
1. Zooming on mobile interface just increase the size of the top UI, not of the images.
2. There is no way to know which chapter is read and which is not
3. The "Follow" tab shows new chapter from all languages, with no way to filter out what I want to read

1. When reading in Long Strip mode I keep being taken back to the first page once all pages have loaded properly.
2. Would be nice if a chapter was marked as read even if you're not following that manga.
3. The comment text box is a bit intrusive when going to read comments.

1. Following a manga without having to open it.
2.showing resent or all unread chapters for the manga we are following not only the latest.
3. What annoys me the most is having to click on every single page, it would be great if you include the option to read the complete chapter at once.

Thanks for your hard work!!

Bes

1. On the main page, if a manga you follow was updated with a delay, you don't see it in the follows when it becomes available (for example, Dr. Stone ch.69 became available today but it didn't appear in my follows of the home page)

1. The mobile is very compromised, cluttered lists and reading on it is a nightmare due to the fact that it now seems to way over sensitive and skipping pages when I'm just wanting to scroll down or zoom in slightly. This wasn't an issue I had before the update.

2. The pc site whilst reading seems more crowded too. Yes you can git rid of it, but pages are originally too big. It makes for a more cumbersome reading experience.

3. I would say the front page is just too flashy. I want info to be presented nicely, but there's no need to sacrifice space to present it in.

1. Maybe would be good if reading history divided by Title+last read chapter, so you can see read history last 10 title and last chapter

1- the previous design was better
2- it would be cool if a chapter got marked as "read" even if did not mark the whole manga as "reading"

Apart from that the site is great

1. No search result filter, like not being able to sort by higher rating first when I do an advanced search.
2. No option to mark chapters as read, as I've read them somewhere else beforehand.
3. I would like to see the date and current chapter posted when I look at the detailed view when searching for manga.

1. Group delay should be removed, knowing that there is a delayed chapter and to read it i need to be forced to the group's site is annoying (i don't go read it).
If i want to support a group i will do it be my own will, if this Group delay is kept any longer, MangaDex will feel like a business hub that help people getting view count to their site instead of becoming a manga reader that benefit the user. (Whats the point of MangaDex if i have to leave it to read a mangas? Discord already do this)

Contributor
1. The fixed header bar consumes screen real estate. I use a user style to set it to display: absolute
2. In the regular "Dark" theme some content (follow list, comments, etc) has no distinct background to the site background
3. I can appreciate the reason unfollowed manga no longer get read markers, but I would like it if plan to read ones did as well as reading. Currently for something I'm reading but not caught up on (so I don't want new chapters to appear in follows) I switch it to reading then switch back to plan to read after I've finished that session

1. limited view of latest titles- there are latest titles add in homepage, but there are only 10 or so there. if i wasn't here for 10 hours i might miss some titles.
2. no ability to track down own posts - would be nice.

thats it really.

Hellos.

1. Please make way to maunally mark chapter as read, I just finished reading half a series but no chapters I read got marked as read and I can no make them as read either.
2. Please make way to only get updates/chapters in follows page from certain groupos (or not form certain groupo) it get very frustrating when see same chapters posted in follow list that I already read and it by badder groupo I no read.
Deleted because there is a separate reader thread. This thread is for site feedback only.

1. Please allow chapters to be marked as read even if you're not following. I've read a few series before following and had to manually make all chapters read again.
2. In the chapter lists can the comments link and last update be moved to a separate line from the chapter title. On mobile, with the little space left after the "Vol.x Ch.y" information there isn't room for any reasonably sized chapter title.
3. For long series titles the text and flag over lap with the rss symbol. Having the text wrap just before the symbol would probably look better.

Mod Edit: Someone didn't read the OP very closely. There are plenty of other places to talk about the new reader, such as here: https://mangadex.org/thread/15545

Feel free to try again.

1.: A short manga description (first paragraph/first n words/etc) on chapter lists (/search/updates/follows/...) which displays on hover or expands on click on an icon (e.g. the book in the updates page; like in batoto or mangafox). I like the terse lists but want to get more information on single items if neccessary, but without opening whole new tabs
2.: Some kind of documentation/summary of all the features you offer and how they interact. (e.g. the updates page can only be seen/reached from the main page, read-status of chapters depends on the kind of follow you chose, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread