Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
She worked so hard that even if he forgot her, a piece of her no matter how small would remain with him. So... So sad but beautiful and lovely that she refined a sword style she loved so much to also express her fondness for someone.

There's always so many sad and happy moments in this story, its a treat to read even if my soul hurts most chapters.(and i desperately don't want a repeat of kaeha, really hoping the others found their own happiness)

Gosh i hope he can meet some wonderful people to help with his grief. And that his and kaeha's kids stay safe.

Dex-chan lover
When you ask to be immortal but the people near you are not immortal...

Dex-chan lover
You should actually go back and read the mothers explanation yourself. And then go back and read what he says to Kaeha before leaving. She literally says that MC left a curse on her with what he said to her before leaving. She felt the need to create an heir to her sword style because of what the MC directed her to do before he left. She was so in love with him (his fault for leading her on) that she dedicated everything she had, and sacrificed her happiness, in the hopes of seeing him again because in her mind, if she was able to fulfill what he directed her to do, it would make him come back. That's fucked. The mother even goes on to say that it's entirely possible that the wife and husband were cursed in their own way because they didn't know what Kaeha would do if they didn't give her a child. I don't care what the in-lore excuse for all this is. I think the author did Kaeha as a character a big disservice. That's my point. You seem to think that I don't want it to be edgy. No, this was just mid to me and felt flat. You can give lore-based reasoning all you want, but it still comes off as exaggerated with the whole seeking an heir out of wedlock weirdo shit just because MC said for her to pass her skills to an heir so that heir could teach him when he comes back. Like, are you serious? Her entire character is going to be this tunnel vision husk of a person who dedicates her entire life to a single request from the MC? Yeah, what a masterpiece. So unique. Definitely haven't seen that tired old trope in manga/anime before.

Don't try to tell me that I want this to be another "slow life isekai", lmao. And get out of here with the harem nonsense. You can disagree with me all you want, but don't try to reframe my comment with bullshit about harems and generic slow life shit just because I don't think this specific arc is some bastion of literature like you do. Didn't like it, felt overly dramatic and exgaggerated, and it was. Long story long, it wasn't for me, and I'm more interested in where the MC goes after this.
Curse of loving someone is something you decided on yourself. just like irl you can't expect someone you love to love you back the same way as you love them (not everyone you love will become your husband or wife that's just too idealistic)
this "Curse" is something Kaeha decided too keep & refuse to let go because she want to love him and him only.
when the cure for this "Curse" is as simple as letting go and finding someone else.
and as for her family sword style it's been her dream to revive her dojo and keep it going for generations. for that to happened she needs an heir to continue her family dojo.
blaming Aesir because Kaeha refuses to marry anyone is too far fetched. when Aesir himself didn't show any sign of romance to Kaeha. it's like you fall in love with you best friend but then get mad because your best friend didn't love you back after all the time you spend together, since she only see you as a best friends. nothing more.

from my perspective. in the first place what Aesir said to Kaeha was more like a blessing to someone he knew he wouldn't meet for a long time. and in those time frame he didn't know if he could be there when Kaeha would marry someone. so he say it in advance.

well, in the end it's your own opinion if you want to see it your way. since everyone see thing from different perspective.
because from my perspective nothing is exaggerated or forced drama like you said.

MD@Home
You should actually go back and read the mothers explanation yourself. And then go back and read what he says to Kaeha before leaving. She literally says that MC left a curse on her with what he said to her before leaving. She felt the need to create an heir to her sword style because of what the MC directed her to do before he left. She was so in love with him (his fault for leading her on) that she dedicated everything she had, and sacrificed her happiness, in the hopes of seeing him again because in her mind, if she was able to fulfill what he directed her to do, it would make him come back. That's fucked. The mother even goes on to say that it's entirely possible that the wife and husband were cursed in their own way because they didn't know what Kaeha would do if they didn't give her a child. I don't care what the in-lore excuse for all this is. I think the author did Kaeha as a character a big disservice. That's my point. Edgy can be good or bad. This wasn't good to me. You seem to think that I don't want it to be edgy. Nah, I want it to be good edgy. You can give lore-based reasoning all you want, but it still comes off as exaggerated with the whole seeking an heir out of wedlock weirdo shit just because MC said for her to pass her skills to an heir so that heir could teach him when he comes back. Like, are you serious? Her entire character is going to be this tunnel vision husk of a person who dedicates her entire life to a single request from the MC? Yeah, what a masterpiece. So unique.

Don't try to tell me that I want this to be another "slow life isekai", lmao. And get out of here with the harem nonsense. You can disagree with me all you want, but don't try to reframe my comment with bullshit about harems and generic slow life shit just because I don't think this specific arc is some bastion of literature like you do. Didn't like it, felt overly dramatic and exgaggerated, and it was.
Okay, so here is a couple of break down.

1st, let stop saying Aesir's leading her on, because that's not what happen at all, like we are both agree that's Kaeha's action is insane yes? (we will talk about how the author writing her later) Aesir may have been a 30 years old man when he reincarnate, but he lived in the high elf forest for 120 years and was taking it easy, no sane person would interpret his parting word like she did. And he recognize this later in ch 20 regarding his deeds and words, but by that point shit already happen. He wasn't leading her on as much as comforting her when he is parting and just say what he think is right in the moment, we know this, cause the author put his thought bubble up for us to read.

2nd, okay now let's talk about how the author wrote Kaeha. I honestly think you give the character less credit than she deserve. Aesir's words may have put a curse on her, true. And use your word, did she tunnel vision to dedicated her life for him? sure, it's love, love is blind and consider the thing he did for her, she was madly in love. But on the other hand, she also put a curse of love on Aesir, he will never forget her, for however long he may live and it is an eternity. Like, was the author wrote her just to be a love interest? Yes, but every character has a role in the story, hers was the first love for MC, and she gave him one that he will never be able to forget and he may never even love or getting too close with other person again. And again, we are viewing this only through Aesir's pov, i don't know why you keep insist on she being "a husk of a person", was her love for him heavy? hell yeah, but she is also a sword master of a dojo, mastering the sword and expand the dojo is her job, the iffy part is only her motivation for doing so. On the flip side, if you can look at on a more sinister angle, ask yourself this, how do you make sure an immortal will love and remember you forever? Kaeha's answer is basically, doing something so insane and giving everything for them, was it logical? No, she did this in her 20-30s. But she did succeed, judging by this chapter.

Now, could the author fuck it up and introduce 2nd,3rd love interests? could the author just make it so he basically forgot all the lesson he learn the past 20 chapters? He could, but we are talking about what currently happen in the story and the people reaction to it.

Dex-chan lover
This series is really great. I hope that we're about to launch into an arc that isn't so much of a downer, though...

Dex-chan lover
ya'll still remember this is an isekai manga? cause sometimes i dont.. bravo narita kou sensei, not all mangaka have the ability to turn LN into good adaptation..

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so here is a couple of break down.

1st, let stop saying Aesir's leading her on, because that's not what happen at all, like we are both agree that's Kaeha's action is insane yes? (we will talk about how the author writing her later) Aesir may have been a 30 years old man when he reincarnate, but he lived in the high elf forest for 120 years and was taking it easy, no sane person would interpret his parting word like she did. And he recognize this later in ch 20 regarding his deeds and words, but by that point shit already happen. He wasn't leading her on as much as comforting her when he is parting and just say what he think is right in the moment, we know this, cause the author put his thought bubble up for us to read.

2nd, okay now let's talk about how the author wrote Kaeha. I honestly think you give the character less credit than she deserve. Aesir's words may have put a curse on her, true. And use your word, did she tunnel vision to dedicated her life for him? sure, it's love, love is blind and consider the thing he did for her, she was madly in love. But on the other hand, she also put a curse of love on Aesir, he will never forget her, for however long he may live and it is an eternity. Like, was the author wrote her just to be a love interest? Yes, but every character has a role in the story, hers was the first love for MC, and she gave him one that he will never be able to forget and he may never even love or getting too close with other person again. And again, we are viewing this only through Aesir's pov, i don't know why you keep insist on she being "a husk of a person", was her love for him heavy? hell yeah, but she is also a sword master of a dojo, mastering the sword and expand the dojo is her job, the iffy part is only her motivation for doing so. On the flip side, if you can look at on a more sinister angle, ask yourself this, how do you make sure an immortal will love and remember you forever? Kaeha's answer is basically, doing something so insane and giving everything for them, was it logical? No, she did this in her 20-30s. But she did succeed, judging by this chapter.

Now, could the author fuck it up and introduce 2nd,3rd love interests? could the author just make it so he basically forgot all the lesson he learn the past 20 chapters? He could, but we are talking about what currently happen in the story and the people reaction to it.

You tried to misconstrue my comment as misguided, as if I didn't read the manga, claiming that I wanted it to be generic harem or slow life, and go on this grandiose explanation of how unique and edgy it is. I refresh your memory of what actually happens in the dialogue between the mother and Aesir, and so now you're trying to make the excuse for it being that "love is blind"?
Lol, do you have any idea how generic and common that trope is in anime/manga? How is that unique and edgy? Exactly, it's not. It didn't resonate with me. That's just my opinion and I explained why.

However, you make a really good point here:
On the flip side, if you can look at on a more sinister angle, ask yourself this, how do you make sure an immortal will love and remember you forever? Kaeha's answer is basically, doing something so insane and giving everything for them, was it logical? No, she did this in her 20-30s. But she did succeed, judging by this chapter.
Looking at it from that perspective, I actually think that's a pretty good way to think about it. I honestly doubt that the author had that much in mind when writing Kaeha's arc, as there's nothing to in indicate she was thinking of it like that. She was just doing what the MC directed her to do because she loves him. But I like your framing of it. Makes it sound a lot cooler than it was and makes it easier to move on from the arc. Agree with you here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Blasted onion-cutting ninjas...😭

Still, though...more than 100 years old, and still doesn't understand what the stealing away phrase means.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, I'm pretty sure the Inn-worker girl is up next. Actually, how long has it been since they've seen her? Jeez, this is just making me feel all the feels.

Users who are viewing this thread