The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 7 Ch. 35.2 - Back to the Inner Palace (Part 2)

I'm thinking it was a test to see if the dude can be a future ally.

Thanks for the translation!

Double-page supporter
Mao Mao hilarious as always. Hope Pai Rin and Rihaku get together and be happy

i laughed so hard from page 12/13 that i had to change pads
IM DEADDDDDD :333333333333333333333
x12.jpg

x13.jpg

Man, this manga just keeps getting better and better! Mao mao is such my fav female lead lmao. On a serious note, the fact that Jinishin is the prince (possibly the crown prince) and Mao mao’s background coming to light... I feel like things are going to be interesting from now lol

@bamboeng Where did you hear that? All I can find so far is just that it's one of the top series that people want adapted into an anime.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@bamboeng @azuryo
@ariebagusp @REDRED

there is no anime confirmed. People want it animated https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-03-27/nearly-200000-fans-vote-in-animejapan-most-wanted-anime-adaptation-poll/.145085

But out of everything in that list we got Hanako instead. It would probably take much longer for an actual anime since it doesn't have isekai, harem, tsundere, or 'cute girl doing cute things' which is all the rage these days.

Fed-Kun's army
flkjasdfljk SCREAMS I WAS WAITING FOR THIS!!! IT WAS AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HAHAHAHALKASJLK I LOVE JINSHI'S JEALOUSY IT'S SO DELICIOUS this man deadass went "THEN JUDGE ME BY MY BODY TOO!!!" and then went to offer another man money for a courtesan out of jealousy. but hey his answer impressed him so!!! new ally!!! ALSO I LOVE THE WAY THEY CALL MAO MAO THEIR CAT AND LIKE EVERYONE KNOWS THEY MEAN HER i know it's bc of her name but yah lol

thank you for the update!!! i'm so glad i checked for it fdalkjfdljk i missed it completely and this chapter is GOLD

WAIT I JUST MADE THE CONNECTION OF HOW FUNNY IT IS THAT RIHAKU THINKS JINSHI MIGHT MOCK HIM FOR BUYING A COURTESAN FOR LOVE WHEN JINSHI WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT MAOMAO AFDLKJDFSJLK YOU'RE THE SAME!!! MY BUD!!!

EDIT: ALSO omg afdsljkjk when rihaku said "that guy looked familiar but it's my first time meeting him" about jinshi, i was like "wait, didn't jinshi catch him & maomao once before and GLARED LIKE A DEMON" so i started rereading AND YES HE DID LMAOOO CHAPTER 31 DSLAJKDLJK THAT FACE jinshi already had it out for u, sir

Fed-Kun's army
@Nep I don't think it has anything to do with what you mention. (isekai, harem, tsundere, or 'cute girl doing cute things')

It won't be adapted until they can make it politically correct.
If you notice, even on mangadex, the voting/rating system often has a men vs women vibe as women will downvote anything they feel is pro men, and men will down vote anything that is pro women.
This manga in particular gives off a historical vibe where some women are treated as property while there being a different status for certain types of women (in terms of power) and some men are powerful while other men are eunuchs.
This causes a "balance" of sorts that causes the readers on mangadex to vote as there is some sense of equality, hence the high rating.

Basically to summarize what I am trying to say...
This manga would be hard to adapt in the current global political climate.
I would not be surprised if it blocked by those on the left.
Also, the tone of the story requires a relatively mature mind. The true target audience will be adults, or younger people who have the patience and understanding for such a story.

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Also I should add, right now with the "simp" culture, it might cause "ideas" as basically this chapter in particular shows a "simp" being able to literally "buy" a woman.
That's why many simps/beta-orbiters/white-knights are giving random ethots all this money and attention, because on an instinctual level that was the norm (in the past) to attain a woman.
If people start reminiscing of the simpler times of the past, the current ruling parties (specifically the left) would not like that idea being reinvigorated in our current times.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Randomguy01

My belief is purely ratings. The more popular ones gets aired because ratings. Then maybe strike a genre balance so that you dont have too many "clones" running together. Which is why I said isekai, harem, tsundere, or cute girl doing cute things.

Cause thats what most animes are atm. (Not including those already with dedicated fanbase such as Naruto and Gundam) The more obscure titles that don't fall under this category are also pretty popular themselves and are more convenient to do in terms of pacing, plot and style. (Kusuriya has a romance element that doesnt go anywhere for a very long time, doesn't have many nice spots/cliffhangers to end an episode,etc) if they do not already fall under a different genre category (sports, war, psychological, etc)

Group Leader
@Randomguy01

Your comments is fill of shit you know

Keep you "muh evil SJW" shit out of here. They adapted rape hero. I dont think the evil west is stopping them

You must had to insert you weird political agenda into discussion about adapting anime

Fed-Kun's army
@theilikepie "They adapted rape hero"? Which is that? Is that the shield hero who literally got metoo'd and there was quite a big uproar about it?

I was merely responding to a comment. To assume political agenda's aren't influencing adaptations would be ignorant.

I understand if you want to keep your head in the sand, but calling people full of shit because of denial won't silence discourse.

Group Leader
@Randomguy01

Rape healer

And what political agendas? Why would japan care about what western people think when adapting stuff. They never had and never will.

Considering the fact Kusuriya no Hitorigoto placed in the #19 place in the Anime-Japan pole for what manga should be adapted into anime next, there is a pretty high chance we will see it adapted in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread