The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 7 Ch. 36.2 - A Rose and Nail Polish (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming this shade of red holds some significance. Looking forward to next chapter.

Bet that tone of red polish was what her mom used, and how will react if she says hello father to Rakan.

she's so smart, one of my favorites female leads! wish we could see some colors in this chapter, especially because of the roses and the nail polish.
thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
page 10 : so does the author imply that mao mao 's father dyed the roses to impress her mother ?

page 17 : a new challenger appears , who is also controlling the game pieces .

mao mao : yo father , i challenge you to a children card game yugioh , er , a children game of GO , or a children xiangqi game .

also jinshi 's xiangqi piece is : Advisors / guards / ministers / assistants / mandarins / warriors / scholar / gentleman / officer / eunuch .

gaoshun 's xiangqi piece is : Elephants / bishops / minister .

and at the start of the game , on the xiangqi board , the advisor piece stands next to the king piece , and the bishop piece stands next to the advisor piece , just like the role of jinshi and gaoshun .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi

Dex-chan lover
@daywithoutgames Maomao's mother was not in the Imperial Palace. She was a courtesan at Rokushoukan, so probably not her.
Maomao, underneath her disguise make-up and fake freckles, is actually an extremely attractive girl because of this. Rakan was attracted to Maomao's mother because she, too, was somebody he saw a person rather than a game piece.

so why was she afraid of him..?? i kinda didn't understand that. does she know he's her father? why did he want to buy her? why is she afraid of him? i have so many questions

Dex-chan lover
I guess it makes more sense with Xian Qi? Reminder this is a story about Korean royalty and far as I know the Koreans didn't interract with Japanese until Hideyoshi's invasion, however they did interracted a lot with Chinese and Mongols (during Kubilai Khan's rule) in a much friendlier way (Chinese shared their knowledge and trades as well as spreading Confucianism, and Kubilai Khan married his Daughter to Korean's crown prince who swore allegiance to them). So it kinda doesn't make sense how he know Shogi and author probably used Shogi as analogy because it is hard to describe Xian Qi with words only.

@Strela this is about China imperial palace for sure. Korean style would not be like this or this amount of grandeur. And remember the ceremonial robe of Jinshi during the metal lodge incident? Yeah, no Korean kings would dare to even wear that. That was an imperial robe of which past dynasty in nowadays China would wear.

Users who are viewing this thread