The Earl's Daughter Was Suddenly Employed as the Crown Prince's Fiancée - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
I guess this is what it would really look like, if the otome game was real, and there was a sequel.

I'm not even halfway through the chapter but I just had to come here and say that I really enjoy how this basically commoner noble being fancied by a Prince is being handled here. Yeah, the Aide kinda forced her into a situation she didn't agree to or want (being trapped in his house) and the Prince brushed off how she'd have to behave, but he was talking about putting up with someone doting on her, sure she didn't intend to get wrapped up in this political situation but the Prince apologized for it (also the situation before was urgent enough that I'm willing to believe they weren't intentionally lying to her or didn't realize the later political fallout, I figure they were just too distracted with the immediate issues), sure the Princes is doting on her excessively even though she hasn't agreed to be his true fiance but they've had tons of development and she helped him with a personal matter, and finally the second that the Prince is out of earshot the supersmart aide is taking her thoughts and concerns into consideration despite what he probably already knows would be 'for the best'.

I'm still pretty bitter about another series that fails each and every one of these points because they prioritized a single joke over characterization.

Edit: And the second half also fit together pretty well. Of course the Prince would have a sort of twitch reaction to woman who try to use their femininity to sway him, he's got like two points of reference, Ms. Tomboy and the witch. Bringing MC back for a Faux Fiance to help him control his powers in the presence of a magically inclined foreign nobility that's here on a diplomatic mission while his control is dubious also tracks, the only thing I've got a problem with is how they made this a bit of an emergency to get her to the castle when they should have had plenty of notice, but I'm willing to believe that the magic country might have had transportation quick enough that the people only had about one day's notice before they arrived until something contradicts because of how many times things tracked throughout this series in my book.

Aggregator gang
Oh wow, a deep psychological scar CAN'T be cured by punching the problem in the face! Who would've thought!

Hey guess what they could just be here to investigate YOU Lynette! I have a pretty good guess of where this arc is going so it not gonna be too surprising...but the art and story are really well executed so I’m going to enjoy it anyway :)

Group Leader
@shanoc5902 good note 😊 I'd also like to mention that Lynette isn't blackmailed into being the prince's fiancee and they all ultimately respect her feelings and decision regarding it. I think that the prince doting on her excessively is also used as comic relief because based on his character and care for Lynette, I'm confident that if she asked him to end this relationship, he would do so, albeit reluctantly. same would be the case for the supersmart aide too. everything is consensual

i would also totally be okay with a spin off romance of Lynette and the aide UwU

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly I'm happy on how they didn't make the prince's trauma pass just like that.. :')

Fed-Kun's army
So this can go either way: He will fall for the MC or he will be a stuck up asshole that tries to be as demeaning as possible to her. I don't see him being a normal person from all the shit I've read in my life

Fed-Kun's army
New arc, boyos!

@shanoc5902 I Want to Escape from Princess Training, right? Honestly, I'm reading that one as psych horror right now. You have the superficial similarities, but this story has a totally different foundation--one, the relationship is consensual; two, there are good reasons for everyone's actions; three, the major characters all have good intentions to begin with.

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter addresses something thats been bothering me for awhile even if only slightly. No matter how poor MCs family is they are still Earls. Theres only 2 noble ranks above them, theres no way she would be treated that badly as a maid in the royal castle/wherever she was working orignaly.

Banned
i know this is comedy but whenever I see how clingy he is now.... it gives me an image of them never leaving the bedroom after becoming a "real" couple.

@shanoc5902
are you talking about Daites Ryou Koubouki? Cause I'd agree with you if you were.

Yay new arc!

Thank you for the translation.
I hope Lynette learns to use powers too.

Dex-chan lover
When I saw the Duchess, I thought "Mother or wife?" (I was betting on the former).

Users who are viewing this thread