The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Hero and The Sage, engagement greeting

Dex-chan lover
She's related to royalty, a magic prodigy, and a qt3.14.
He's a commoner with access to a noble house' influence and using that influence to attend a magic academy despite appearing completely incapable of doing any magic shit.
~Can I make it anymore obvious?~
I think Elria is nuch more likely to have impertinent suitors than Ried.
He's the MC.

Jokes aside, I was talking about the tropes where girls (15, 16? He's 100. It's pedo) fall for him right and left because he saves them from a monster/bandit/evil noble.
That aside, even if Elria gets more suitors, most tropes just crush them with the MC's power (or even her own power in this case). Authors are trigger happy with male suitors, but never do anything to female ones, creating a pseudo-harem school life for the MC and his fiancée.
I feel that it won't suit this novel, that's all.

Dex-chan lover
i really like this kind of dad characters
they better not kill him off or anything

Dex-chan lover
Dad: I see you are Reid-kun! Go home!
The dad is so hilarious with all his responses. It's like his thoughts are leaking out of his mouth.
Then the mom:
eVNS5XC.png

I'd also be concerned. But then again, that's probably what our parents will say from us being here.

What a wacky family!

Dex-chan lover
This is awesome, man. The dad's reaction is perfect as well.
Reid has humility, but he's also still got the fire in his bones from when he was an invincible warrior. Let's see how well he can throw hands with this new body.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for finally bringing an update to this! I’ve been curious to see where it goes and what the main plot is.

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking the same, so I searched for the novel and I stumbled upon more chapters from the manga. I found 5 chapters in total... only thing is, they are in Spanish. So I can only say that it looks interesting, but I don't understand a single word of it.

Edit: Now I am reading the novel and trying to connect the two in my head. Only shows how desperate an impatient weeb can get.
I went out and found that same spanish translation so thank you for saying that it exists, it's time to see just how rusty my Spanish is (not expecting this to go smoothly).
Edit: Oh god my brain is hurting but I'm only having to look up every 10th word in google translate.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me, why was the elf bait necessary? I think, I saw story's with "normal"- lifespans elf's, and only young appearance (I'm terrible at remembering titles)

Generally elves live for long time compared to humans. Often it's shown to be boring and un-changing.

Elria's at least 100 years old, as it's been already pointed out earlier that it her that long to develop magic that could be usable by anyone, quite possibly 150-plus. So it's quite possible that magic research was the only thing that kept her busy from what would've been otherwise dull life until Reid showed up. Suddenly life's fun again for her, and that could've become the impetus for her fixation with the guy to the point that she was afraid of life without him.

Dex-chan lover
Jokes aside, I was talking about the tropes where girls (15, 16? He's 100. It's pedo)
Age isn't a very good indicator of maturity. Not in the story where the main love interest used to be a long-lived elf (likely at least 150 years old - 100 years to develop her theory, and 50 years of fighting as a Sage), but isn't particularly mature or anything.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this story is actually looking pretty good so far, as long as they don't fulfill literally every "commoner in magic school for nobles" trope it's really promising
idk, id like it if they made fun of him for not being proficient in magic and he blew them away without it

Dex-chan lover
idk, id like it if they made fun of him for not being proficient in magic and he blew them away without it
Yeah, if it happens once and then they shut up about it because they are scared af that's okay but in a lot of Manga like this the MC could literally kill god in front of the whole school and they would still treat him like a weakling because he can't use magic and it just never makes sense. Obviously they're going to react weird if they find out that he can't but why would anyone keep fucking with the MC after it turns out that they're invincible and if they wanted they could just turn the whole school into a mass grave

Dex-chan lover
I was lowkey expecting there'll be a noble brat that's aiming for Elria and interrupted them. Oh well I'm pretty sure the author save it later for the academy arc.

And about Reid's magic, it'll be a body strengthening type isn't it?
It's more likely a purest of forms where it's a constant on like the stone being the core and concentration which is why the magic stones break its concentration and super high amount I believe he'll keep it as strengthening type since that's what he is used to.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, did MC really not talk with his mom at all about going to the capital? He seemed close with his mom, yet he just up and left like that

Aggregator gang
The story about young Elria wanting to find Reid, and her mother accepting him based just on that, is adorable

Dex-chan lover
Yo, did they just... Not tell his mum? He went to see the mysterious noble that came to visit and never came home, she must be worried sick

Users who are viewing this thread