The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Hero and The Sage, engagement greeting

Dex-chan lover
Hnng, she must be thinking that those "dressed up" stories of reid's undying love for elria that culminated to him rushing through hostile territory to her funeral, just so he could die by her side, were fake. When in reality it was all exactly reality
Not just rushing through hostile territory, he basically deserted the army rather than participate in would probably have been a decisive attack.

Dex-chan lover
can anyone tell me, why was the elf bait necessary? I think, I saw story's with "normal"- lifespans elf's, and only young appearance (I'm terrible at remembering titles)

Supporter
Hnng, she must be thinking that those "dressed up" stories of reid's undying love for elria that culminated to him rushing through hostile territory to her funeral, just so he could die by her side, were fake. When in reality it was all exactly reality
Either that, or she could sincerely believe them and that makes them far more embarrassing.

Supporter
can anyone tell me, why was the elf bait necessary? I think, I saw story's with "normal"- lifespans elf's, and only young appearance (I'm terrible at remembering titles)
Think about it this way: She lived to age 200, and they had fought for 50 years until that point. If she were an elf again and him a human, she would far out-live him this time around, since they're starting out at around a similar age this time.

I think it's easy enough to connect the dots that it would have been Tina herself to cast the magic on them, with the goal that the next time around they could live out their lives together.

Dex-chan lover
Think about it this way: She lived to age 200, and they had fought for 50 years until that point. If she were an elf again and him a human, she would far out-live him this time around, since they're starting out at around a similar age this time.

I think it's easy enough to connect the dots that it would have been Tina herself to cast the magic on them, with the goal that the next time around they could live out their lives together.
sorry for my bad English, but I wrote " I saw story's with "normal"- lifespans elf's, " what was the point, for her been a elf? she could be a human, even a enemy

Dex-chan lover
I was lowkey expecting there'll be a noble brat that's aiming for Elria and interrupted them. Oh well I'm pretty sure the author save it later for the academy arc.

And about Reid's magic, it'll be a body strengthening type isn't it?
Probably. There's something that has similar logic in a one of the "sage kicked out of the hero's party" stories. There was an oni in the party that had all their magic condensed in one spot that gave them super strength. Once they learned to make it flow, they could use magic and buff themselves beyond their previous strength but would be weaker than before if they aren't activily buffing themselves.
sorry for my bad English, but I wrote " I saw story's with "normal"- lifespans elf's, " what was the point, for her been a elf? she could be a human, even a enemy
So you aren't asking about the age difference so much as why she needed to be an elf and change in the first place if they were going to die anyway? Probably because of age...no really. It's probably an excuse by the author so that even when she suddenly dies of old age she looks like a young woman. There could be other things like "elves should be better at magic" but I think that's what it comes down to.

Also, anyone notice that the novelupdates link is wrong now for some reason? Thought it was right earlier. Have the right novel on my list and all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
.. It's probably an excuse by the author so that even when she suddenly dies of old age she looks like a young woman. There could be other things like "elves should be better at magic" but I think that's what it comes down to.
is this even an excuse? most manga have a old women, with young appearance and even Reid looked young (with ~70 years).
At first I thought its Fanservice, because the first harem member from Artist last Work"Oda Nobunaga...", was a elf but Author is a different Person.

Dex-chan lover
Reid just hit 'em with a "do you mind if I possibly destroy your house," and y'know what, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually ends up destroying it with the shockwave from him delivering a blow

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for doing this!
Does anyone else realize they haven't properly confessed their feelings to each other?

Dex-chan lover
She did say she needed 100 years to invent a magic system to be usable by almost anyone. That couldn’t have happened if she had the shorter lifespan of a human.

Users who are viewing this thread