The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
she started pursuing magicology from the time that she gained her past life's memories after thinking about how much she wanted to fly in the sky. this was established early in the series. This chapter shows that she was into it and wanting to make it work for the people of her nation. It also shows that she gave up her right to the throne after nobles spread the rumor that she tried to kill Al. This is probably the reason why she did it and it isnt remotely cause "hurr durr im'a become a magician fuck everything".

Reread the series from the beginning so you dont end up saying silly things like that.
But did you remember when she regained her memories?
It was before her studies on magic and going on the trip that endangered their lives spreading the rumour.

Dex-chan lover
But did you remember when she regained her memories?
It was before her studies on magic and going on the trip that endangered their lives spreading the rumour.
Yes and it was after that she went into that field cause she wanted to use magic even though she couldn’t use it. This is contrary to your comment where you said that she didn’t pursue magicology after she gained her past life memories.

The fact so she didn’t give up the crown cause “fuck everyone else” like you claimed. She gave it up, probably, for the reasons I’ve outlined

Fed-Kun's army
Yes, but do remember her pursuit started off from the moment she regained memories. Their trip that "looked like assassination attempt" was after that, most likely the original didn't had such a reckless urge to become a magician.
You mean Anis before gaining memories? The original Anis wasn't replaced but rather just gain memories. welp Anis being Anis, she just left the problems to her future self. You're right about her pursuit of magic started off from these memories.
We have isekaied mc's to be careless with what they are doing, heavily influence surrounding world with their actions but mostly it somehow "magically" fixing itself but rarely see facing the problems and trying to make things bit right again.
That's rather spoiler-y so I will just say Anis will try to make things "right" again. That's the most problematic trait Anis have. The consequence of Anis and Algard's action will be explored next arc and Anis pretty much has to suffer from these problems.

Dex-chan lover
Yes and it was after that she went into that field cause she wanted to use magic even though she couldn’t use it. This is contrary to your comment where you said that she didn’t pursue magicology after she gained her past life memories.

The fact so she didn’t give up the crown cause “fuck everyone else” like you claimed. She gave it up, probably, for the reasons I’ve outlined
No, didn't wrote that in that context, she started all this after "isekai" incident and things would be less violent if it didn't occur.

Remember reading something similar in Mushoku Tensei, where Rudeus was supposed to be a stillborn and entire teleportation catastrophe wouldn't happen..

Her giving up has a bit unintended two faced tone, she cleared herself from rumours of trying to become a queen but also gained freedom to do whatever the fuck she pleases since technically weren't a part of "nobility club".
Could pursuit heretical knowledge, be an adventurer, develop tools to help her and others in proxy, all that thanks to being that crazy eccentric black sheep in the family but without place in the royal line.

Al on the other hand didn't had that freedom, until gaining knowledge of a certain vampire offspring, which also wouldn't be of that heavy dark side. Probably not really know she was the real deal but an influential young lady that people really like. Albeit royalty knew about her to some extent...

Dex-chan lover
I do get the impression Al plan might have worked if Anisphia hadn't interfered, that's really the why of all his rage, after years of, what he can only interpret as abandonment, she just starts interfering in his grand plan, which is pretty much his life's work, just as it's in it's final stages, and in his mind he has to wonder "what for exactly?", and then all the years of resentment are now rushing to the surface.

Double-page supporter
I really don't want to make a religion jokes but the situation pushed me so hard I barely even standing rn

Dex-chan lover
Bro really thought the best place to die on this hill was in the comment section of a manga lmao.
What's the problem? He was saying the right words, although not in the right place. This manga just reminded him of what politicians actually are. He isn't necessarily wrong.

Dex-chan lover
What's the problem? He was saying the right words, although not in the right place. This manga just reminded him of what politicians actually are. He isn't necessarily wrong.
Nice try with the sockpuppet. I'm pretty sure ban evasion is grounds for another ban though.

Dex-chan lover
Al and Anis are two sides of the solution, but instead of working together to make a complete plan they are forced to oppose each other.

Algard has correctly identified that the nobility is hellbent on propping themselves up by retaining control of the most important resource, magic. They will slander, impoverish, or outright kill anyone who attempts to change this. After years of seeing their terrible behavior, he reaches the conclusion that he needs the power to destroy their power. He's going to fight fire with fire. But while eliminating the nobility would allow Anis to spread magicology and improve the lives of the commoners, it won't replace the hierarchal government with an egalitarian one.

Anis believes in the slow and steady march of technology to fix things, but she's trapped in the thinking of individualist neoliberalism. Her motivation is selfish, and the disruption she will cause is going to kill more people than Algard's coup. The nobles will use violence to curtail their loss of power. The more magicology spreads the more oppressive they will become to purge anyone who tries to challenge their authority. Just like the transition from Feudalism to Capitalism, I expect elites will first try to stop magicology from existing, then attempt to gain control of it to reinforce class structures.

I think Algard is right to try to purge the Nobility since the evolving paradigm no longer requires them. And I think Anis is right to make magical resources more egalitarian. But neither of them recognizes how an Egalitarian world would function. Neither is trying to create a cultural shift where people could accept non-hierarchal organizations. All they are doing is giving the conflict crueler, more advanced weaponry.
Legit based take, thank you for putting it so eloquently. I feel that one of the charms of the series was how gray the positioning of the stances are, and I do feel that Algard's placing as a villain is a very neoliberal take of villainy, the usual case of 'villain makes a good point but must do smth irredeemably evil so that they must be stopped by the protag(s)'.

Dex-chan lover
Let me tell you the story of Shield Hero season 2... not like season 1 didn't had cut content...
you know the funny think is the anime for Shield S1 was doing great... until they did the Cal Mira Island arc. they really should have ended S1 with the church stuff then started S2 with the island stuff. those missing 3 episodes the island arc too place during could have been used to expand upon the child ver of Raphtalia stuff cause they sped though that part of the novel. If they had done that then S1 would have been really good and quite faithful. but instead we got a trash last arc of S1 they sped through (which ended with a version of Naofumi that was a betrayal to how he was as a character) and a S2 that not many liked (from what i heard).

Users who are viewing this thread