The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
@Angrod both families want to keep leslies power a secret for fear that certain other factions would try to obtain her for themselves or try to take advantage of the situation to control her. Using her power here so publicly would give a result almost as bad as returning her. You will notice on rereading that sperado never mentioned to the queen about his daughters powers, because of the fear that the royal family would try to take the "black saint" for themselves.

this king.. is not a good king, nor is this judicial system functional. still a good story and im very invested, but just sayin.

King dismissing sperado's evidence with "seals and authenticator can be faked" is basically him denying his own system, and thereby his trustworthiness and authority. just so not a kingly vibe either.

tho he seems useful for the story to have an ally in the royal family, hes still a failure as a king.

:its also interesting having the duchess be a much more masculine and strong character than the king, who is supposed to be the Height of power. as a literary choice it makes sense for the feeling of empowerment in readers. just really nonsensical from a leadership kind of view

@iloveaquariums123

Just illustrates how our modern system is just a bit more reliable, despite its own flaws.

This is actually a pretty good representation of the judicial system in a monarchy. Justice is entirely dependent on how independent it can be from the those being judged. There is a reason the king himself must preside over a trial that involves nobles at the duke level, as their wealth and power taints any normal testimony of experts (since they can literal kill people or at least end their professional lives). This is the best the judicial system in a monarchy can do, subjective as hell and completely reliant on the competency of the guy in charge.

A three chapter release, what a nice holiday gift. I'm honestly wanting Leslie to just use her powers of darkness to just kill the fucker and end it, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Happy Holidays everyone, and Happy New Year and New Decade!

I guess this will be over soon. We all know they’ll figure it out sooner or later.
I hope Leslie spends time with her uncle later on.
@blackhat
Agreed. Leslie is too sweet though.

Yay! Triple Upload!
@#$&! This $#&*@ $_% #$+* still hasn't gotten his face dislocated into his #$%=÷$&_. Dammit.

If I were a drug addict you would be the death of me for this triple release.

thanks for the triple update!!! i hope trash sperados all get whats coming to them! lol cant wait to see what happens next!

Dex-chan lover
"Triple update? Oh man are they trying to get through the whole trial at once, that's great"

"oh no it's an even worse cliffhanger ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Fed-Kun's army
If anyone is interested the story was 'spoiled' in fairly great detail over on the novel updates forums, I wont say its the best way to get the story, but this story is so long that its going to be years before you get to the end unless they rush shit hard, and if they rush shit hard you would probably have a better grasp of the story with spoilers.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone spoil the story for me? Just mess me up with far off story plots.

Users who are viewing this thread