The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
You know that feeling of uncertainty when everything seems to work out a little too well.

I feel like something bad is going to happen next... 😰

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation this chapter was so satisfying I read it twice
Also, is she going to break his arm again uwu pls do

they won the trial im so happy and relieved ;;;; im like tearing up a little ahdjshsb leslie u are now a salvatore!!

Thank you verrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy muccccch

please break his arm again ppppllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseee

Dex-chan lover
Out of everything, I am sorta interested in seeing a redemption arc for the sister, not that she deserves it but that she is the sole reason Leslie was able to be saved from the fire. Even if it was out of selfishness of not wanting MC to use her power and dethrone her place in the house, I feel as though she could grow into a real character. She deserves hardships and struggle, but I would like to see at some point in the distant future that she whole-heartedly apologizes to her little sister for everything she has done. I believe you can't make up for the past but she can sure as hell try, MC doesn't even need to forgive her at that point nor would we need to focus on the sister anymore aside from a background character doing attempting to be a better person then they were previously... but maybe that is a bit much to ask.
As for the Dad... well, I feel like we won't be seeing any more of him in the near future...

Supporter
Well, the Marquess did promise that if it was true he starved and abused Leslie they could cut off both his hands...

@Angelnickl I'd recommend Robin Hobb's The Rain Wild Chronicles, if you're interested in a well-written, engaging novel series about not-absolutely-hateful-but-definitely-unpleasant characters growing into very appreciable ones over a lengthy, character-rich narrative. Most "redemption" style narratives feel forced or brushed over, but I found that one to be quite convincing. And Robin Hobb is a delightful author to begin with, so I can recommend her regardless. ^.^

Well, not that the characters were necessarily as unlikable as Leslie's sister to start with.
Getting her to an admirable state definitely wouldn't be a transformation one could easily convince readers of.

Users who are viewing this thread