The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
I suspect the actual reason for tormenting the white haired child to be used as a sacrificial lamb is because of the nature of their magical power. It probably feeds off the negative emotions of someone and at some point someone figured out a tortured soul that died through heinous betrayal and murder made for a stronger power source and could be transferred to someone else. Of course this method is now coming back to bite them in the ass because the accumulated tortured souls became numerous and powerful enough to physically save Leslie and combined all their power to give to her. Now the shadows that constitute the souls of the sacrificed children live as part of her power to try and both enact their vengeance on that vile family and also support her to live the life they could never have.

Dex-chan lover
D'aww. More wholesome family time. I appreciate that Papa Bear made the distinction between being cautious of betrayal and driving people away with distrust. Leslie you sweet innocent cinnamon roll. Next, let's deal with that nanny of yours.

Eli...I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda impressed she's still able to come up with ways to slip out of this. Not sure if I want to call it clever though, since all they have to do is ask Leslie if her sister was abused. The Marquiss is such a narcissistic piece of shit that he wouldn't even be able to recall the shit conditions he put Leslie through.

Double-page supporter
Lol you tried to kill Leslie twice, how could it not be a "final" decision. Off with their heads!!

Thank You for the chapter ❤️😍❤️

Leslie sewing skill is a mess 🤯 - I would like to have her sewing skill :)

But it's exactly because he's the one that raised her that she would betray him like that lol
hopefully she doesn't fully get away with it though, but I can see her getting a lesser punishment now, since she's a "young noble girl" so it gets more sympathy, but doing something else later to finally be finished off...hopefully

Good on that "nanny" for helping the parents get there on time to save Leslie, but she is honestly so delusional for still thinking she was a good enough person for Leslie to like her... Looking forward to Leslie kicking her out lol

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme Maybe they keep Leslie around for easily explained and it have something to do with dark power (her uncle and record about second child died young). I remember Leslie did say she try hard to get recognition before finally snap and go to the Duchess.
Thinking again, it just me or I never seen anyone beside Leslie using magic? Leslie using it on Sperado and he go with carriage burning plot to confirm? It like he can't mensural or don't have power?

Dex-chan lover
@nhoctu97 We've seen Konrad use it, more or less. Technically I think there were different classifications for these things, and Leslie's was the one that isn't magic? One of her new brothers is studying magic but I don't recall if we saw him use it at all, Konrad's thing may or may not be considered magic itself but is useful for countering magic and other special abilities and that was why he was made one of Leslie's tutors, and Leslie's power is in the special ability category that isn't quite magic but it's still a supernatural ability. That's the best I can dredge up from my memory without a reread, and it's possible, or maybe even probable, that I'm mixing up which ones were in which classification.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm mildly content with Eli getting exiled with some restriction, but THE Shitrado himself has to either get executed (hopefully with a proper executioner sword) or worse-than-deathed

Users who are viewing this thread