The NPCs in This Village Sim Game Must Be Real! - Vol. 6 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
What happened to "We don't talk about the fightclub"?

Also spending a good part of your monthly earnings for stuff like outworldly magical stuff! is a pretty good deal. Where can I subscribe? You got me, when you showed it's possible to get health potions. I want to stock up on those. (Selfdefence lizards aint bad either.)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, just kill the dude, can't risk the lives of villagers for some k-pop star looking ass
Nuuuuh! From their pov it's still just a game. "Yes, Mr. Policeman. I cracked open his head, but you see. There is that game and if I fare well enough, there are those nice freebies/is that money I get. So obviously I had to kill him."

Dex-chan lover
So it doesn't matter if they're NPCs: they're apparently sapient virtual AIs, so it becomes wrong to kill them. But that is debatable.
There is nothing debatable about that. It's either acctual murder or make believe murder in the scumiest way, because you can never be 100% sure.

Dex-chan lover
I already had that feeling yamato is a player and an enemy player to booth...

Power Uploader
There is nothing debatable about that. It's either acctual murder or make believe murder in the scumiest way, because you can never be 100% sure.
The reason I hedged my assertion is that we won't actually know until we meet a non-human sapient. I don't see much point in debating it because there's no such thing as AIs of the kind we see in this game. After all, we could argue that even if they are sapient, since they're lines of super-sophisticated code, they might be respawned at one point even if they're killed, unlike humans. So while I'm accepting the protagonist's determination to defend them, I don't wanna go down that rabbit hole.

Of course, we know that they're probably people in another world and not AIs, and as such there's no respawning, but we're the readers. The game players don't know that, so it's arguably acceptable for the blond chap to put his own welfare above the NPCs' lives. And yes, the one(s) behind this whole "game" thing is/are the one(s) at fault. In fact, the very idea of NEET rehabilitation went down the drain a while ago, because there's no way fostering edginess by making players do horrible things in-game is conducive to a forward-looking mindset. We just have to compare the protagonist and blondie's attitudes to see that: one is being revitalised, and the other is being sapped by the game.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
t, the very idea of NEET rehabilitation went down the drain a while ago, because there's no way fostering edginess by making players do horrible things in-game is conducive to a forward-looking mindset. We just have to compare the protagonist and blondie's attitudes to see that: one is being revitalised, and the other is being sapped by the game.

I think the theory from another comment that there's more than one 'source' for connecting to the alternate reality is probably correct. Say, a 'Destroyer' that connects people to the monster side of the world, and a 'Creator' that connects them to the village sim.

I don't think it's about NEET rehabilitation, it just ended up that way for the protagonist by coincidence.

But why does he have to pay debts of his parents tho? Isn't he adult already? Or he took loan for his mother or something?

Banned
I see a lot of people are ready to just kill the other dude. But he legit explained that with the game he has been able to do good for his family...but now it's becoming an obsession to win cause of the money he is putting into it to win more points for money

Dex-chan lover
read the news that this is ended in this 6th volume
so... 4-5 more chapters?

so sad

Dex-chan lover
Its interesting how both of them tie their game life to their real ones both in genre and in how they have used the benefits. Because the offerings to yoshio are gifts from people he cares about he never thought about selling them.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, this guys just an asshole. If he knows his work buddy is controlling that village he can just not attack it.
MC's game is centered on 1 village and the other guy can attack elsewhere. There's no conflict if this guy wasn't just an asshole

Fed-Kun's army
Won't somebody please think of the poor loan sharks!!
I swear all japanese think the borrowed money comes from some vulnerable poor grandmas and not from billionaire bankers.

Users who are viewing this thread