The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 19 Ch. 53 - The Intervention Which Was Too Late IV

Dex-chan lover
Let's how the Devil of the Rhine will handle the Unified States joining the war. I hope the Empire gets a year or two to rest up before they have(or want) to go to war again. It will be more interesting this way.

Dex-chan lover
Two cakes? I’ll take it! Think I will pick up the ln again to keep the hype going.

Dex-chan lover
the annoying mc character with fully equipped plot armor and deus ex machina is here. great.

EYYYY MARY SUE IS FINALLY GONNA APPEAR
i hear shes pretty op in the ln with being xs power n stuff

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, can someone remind me what that dispatch Uncle and Nephew are so upset about was?

@Deathhappens

I think that was when Tanya & her Wing arrived in Norden and, after shooting down the legadonian bombers, blew up that listening Post the Kingdom had secretly set up there to monitor the Empire's mages fighting on that front. Drake himself barely managed to get out, most of the other staff the Kingdom had didn't, and that included a ton of their best upcoming mage-officers, which is why they are so short on experienced Mages now that Drake's wing got disbanded to use the Survivors as Trainers instead.

Can someone spoil me, does Mary Sue dies or she simply gets defeat in a one on one fight against Tanya, because some say she dies, or others say she just becomes an annoyance (that probably doesn't learn anything from Drake, right?)

And talking about blessings, if we think this way Tanya herself was basically made from a very powerful blessing/multiple blessings, or she can be considered an apostle, that basically means Tanya not only overpowers Mary Sue in the experience and tactics side, she also outnumbers Mary in the number of blessings (Mary has 3, one that prevents her from getting shot and that motivates her allies? I don't remember right. While Tanya was basically born from a blessing, her magic power is blessed, she has a blessed tool, her existence is blessed in the best/worse ways possible, and she's technically an apostle of the gods, making around 4? Blessings, and a "better class") so basically Mary may be a Mary Sue, but Tanya is the bigger Mary Sue, but also a try-hard, so Tanya is simply too OP to be defeated by a noob Mary Sue

P.S: I'm not saying that Tanya is a bad character, I'm trying to comprehend how she could win against Mary Sue without considering the plot armor

@entity_101

If I remember right, then in the original Webnovel
Mary gets killed by her own Comrades at the end of the War, because her constant blind desire for revenge combined with her extreme naivety continued to endanger everybody else, and because the leaders of the Nations fighting against the Empire were afraid of what she would do once the war was over with her extreme power.

In the current LN it
hasn't happened yet, as far as I'm aware. There's a good chance it will happen the same way, but its no guarantee, and with the specific Line in the Manga about only a "miracle of equal or greater Strength" being able to circumvent Marys literal plot-armor, I think she's going to die by Tanyas hand here. We'll see, eventually.

As for strength, I'd say Mary is actually stronger than Tanya when it comes to brute force. Her body is more resilient since she didn't spent alot of her childhood malnourished in an underfunded orphanage and she got tripple-cheats from the Gods. Tanya should have the edge over her regardless, because Marys raw power can't make up for her lack of knowledge, skill and her plain idiocy and inability to see the larger picture instead of blindly seeking revenge. If it comes to it, Tanya has no Problems calmly devising a strategy with the rest of her wing, while Mary would just blindly rush ahead alone and completely ignore everything around her to get Tanya.

@entity_101

I heard this from the WN spoiler because the LN still quite away. Don't know if this is true or not, but they said Mary Sue was died betrayed/killed by the Allies after the Empire surrendered because she is too dangerous or something.

Well it's not surprise because Mary Sue is really a lunatic and emotionally crippled blinded by revenge. She can killing hundreds allies troops by friendly fires when battle with Tanya.

Mary also pretty OP with multiple blessing from God, basically she is an annoying cockroaches that refuse to dies in multiple occasions clashing with Tanya.

Tanya is superior in every aspect from combat tactical, experience and knowledge. Mary just mindless idiot who reject every plan and order while has a strong blessing that will protect her every time.

Summarize it, Mary is the biggest annoyance in this serie that won't dead, or get any consequences when breaking military order until the end

Long-strip supporter
and with this season 1 of the anime is nearly over 3 years later.

Dex-chan lover
@zano187 Well, it took 4 years for Re:Zero to get a Season 2 so maybe Youjo Senki Season 2 might be closer than we think? If it helps, I just blame everything[/s ]attribute any delay to Corona.

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda weird how no other country seem to discuss about the fact that the Devil of the Rhine is just a child. The Empire at least brought it up a few times and some even go as far as to say that while Tanya's skills are undeniable, it's sad that a child like her is even part of this war.

But the UK of Albion is just "we know" and nothing else. I honestly thought they would've discussed the implications more.

@IronVader501 and @4altera Thanks for the explanation, when they said that Mary
dies
I thought it was by the hands of Tanya, and not something else, so that would definitely explain why she's called a Mary Sue

@4altera does the Empire loses? I was rooting for them though.... does Tanya die? And does anyone have a map of this world in English?

Users who are viewing this thread