Tsumi to Batsu no Spica - Ch. 3 - Spica of Sin and Punishment (3)

Dex-chan lover
Figured they would kill him. Cool way to hook people into the story.

It’s probably still going to be kind of an edgefest but I can see fun things happening if she keeps relying entirely on that power. A detective story where the detective is a sociopath who needs to work a case backwards.
I don't think she's a sociopath since she was glad that the girl lived. As far as I know, that's not something a sociopath would think.

Dex-chan lover
A little disappointed the amount their didn't try and push a bit more out of the teacher. Memory disassociation would have been pretty interesting, seeing him grapple with the fact he's a killer without recollecting it. But the author went for the simple route. The FMC needs more of a hook though, it's not really enough as it is now to make her character seem very engaging. Just a classic vigilante.

Dex-chan lover
Dang... and I thought it'd be like Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance, where the MC killed, and the walls verrry slowly started to box him in, some of those walls being from his own conscience. It was a bit more simplistic than I thought since he was just a scumbag. This feels more like Akumetsu, minus the political jargon. Certainly not a bad thing.... my expectations will change accordingly =03.

At least he didn't kill the girl outright, which he could have done at anytime. Yeah, he's still a s***bag, but that means the girl gets to live.
Man Akumetsu was pivotal in radicalizing me lowkey.

Dex-chan lover
The story could just end here and leave it to our imagination on what happens

Dex-chan lover
i like the bait and switch for the protagonist role, wonder what other cases are going to come up

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, didn't see that coming. The narration was a massive red herring, making assume it was a story about how both of them interact but instead it's just all about her

Dex-chan lover
I don't think she's a sociopath since she was glad that the girl lived. As far as I know, that's not something a sociopath would think.
Maybe she's just confrontational with people she knows are horrible, she let the other girl bully her because she had abusive parents.
Could go either way, but she's certainly not mentally balanced considering she's pretty used to murdering bad people.

Dex-chan lover
And here I thought I was in a for another teacher-student hate-fuck baby-making sexy sex 😭

Group Leader
I can kinda see both sides on this. I do think the MC bait-and-switch was clever, and Spica seems like an interesting character -- while she had seemed like a sociopath for most of the manga, her brief moment expressing relief that Mukai (her bully!) survived indicates there's more to her than just that. At the same time, it does feel like we're changing from a relatively original premise into a more typical supernatural detective/vigilante sort of thing.

Personally I'm not really interested in Spica dealing out vigilante justice on serial killers, but I am interested in her character and her relationships with her classmates. Why has she been bullied so much, and what does she think of them? I think there's fertile ground there for interesting character drama. But I'm worried the manga might end up feeling samey if it largely focuses on the vigilante justice thing. We'll see!

Double-page supporter
Good thing she killed him, i was afraid this would be another manga where the guy (is almost always a guy) gets pseudo blackmailed into being her assistant or something similar, and basically we have spend the entire manga with their POV and supposed to symphatize with the guy, maybe even swallow some "redemption" and "forgiveness" plot (japan has a fetish with it, just look at how many manga have forgiving bullies of all age as the theme).

cgr

Dex-chan lover
Reminded me of Munou na Nana
I feel like author read that and thought it'll be fun to do a reverse of that series
female MC actually has mind reading, and kills guilty adults instead of innocent teens

Dex-chan lover
darn. this girl's gaze feels so psychopathic. she gives me the creeps. reminds me of a character but i cant seem to remember which.

Dex-chan lover
there's been confusion with her name, but the correct one is Tsumugi Spica. because kanji can be read differently especially with names, most manga usually provided furigana for names which some authors even use as an opportunity to create unconventional readings/names such as this one (Supica/Spica).

and so that there would be no more confusion, i checked internet archive beforehand to see if JP editors did a quick change, but the furigana for her name both in the JP summary and the raw chapter itself appears to have remained as Tsumugi Supica/Spica つむぎ すぴか
Ah, that makes sense. If that's correct, then the series description and c1-2 are using the wrong name.

Users who are viewing this thread