Yama ni Suterareta Ore, Tokage no Youshi ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Place Where My Life Begins

Dex-chan lover
my 2yo nephew is smarter than this idiot mc.
i bet the one who create this story is an elementary grade schooler

Dex-chan lover
I'm really tired of this oblivious OP MC. It's also just... dumb here. The kid is raised by a freaking dragon (even if he doesn't know how powerful she is, he knows she's a literal monster regardless) who has already stated he's surpassed her and her expectations. He did a mock test last chapter and thought it was easy from all his self study. Him being this unaware that he's abnormal just doesn't work.

There's also the problem that there's just no reason for him to attend this academy. I think series like this would be very interesting if they focused much more on the social growth and adventures and slice of life nature. The kid had grown up in isolation. But that's made problematic when his idoicy makes him show off this much and all the other troops follow suit. Also gaining a harem isn't the best way to learn social skills (😂). Another interesting angle would be him being thrown into political disputes because of his power and being completely out of his realm of expertise. Which would make sense because the academy likely exists in a country and that country just admitted the equivalent of freaking Dr. Manhattan. A watchmen level deconstruction for a power fantasy like this would actually be so dope.

Oh well. Guess we're here for low effort investment predictable feel simple good power fantasy anyway (I know I am; I need brain turn off time).

Users who are viewing this thread