Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 14 Ch. 174 - Inuyama-kun Wants to Graduate

Dex-chan lover
"Stay on this path and the time we spend teaching you will go to waste"

fuck you, stupid art teacher bitch. The point of you teaching him is to help him deal with whatever problems he's having with his art so he can get better. If you just want to show up and have people in your class that coast through without you doing anything then you're not really a teacher at all. You can't criticize a student for your failure to do your damn job.

Dex-chan lover
Well that's the point, that he IS actually "phoning it in".
Heck he said so himself, the whole reason he started making art was because he wanted to draw lewd stuff, that was the source of his creativity, and now that he is with her he is doing his best to "kill" that part of him because he is afraid that she'll dump him because of it.

He is stifling the source of his creativity and that reflects on his work, and the teacher apparently can tell.

All in all this seems to be the ark where Toyoda will have to realize that Inuyami is actively trying to change for her sake, just so she won't hate him and dump him. And if the manga keeps going with the feel good happy vibes it has been going so far, then probably she'll accept him for who he is.
You def have a point. Though my issue with this is that it's too unbelievable. Like the OP said, they've only been there a handful of times. Ok I am going deeper than I really should, but unless they submitted a portfolio or something, this teacher doesn't know him and his base of work. You can have a good eye for art. You can see that their art is missing something, but how she reacted was weird for someone new to these students. I think it'd be more believable if they had been working with her for a while then the teacher saw the change in work. I think what she said was spot on but too dramatic for this brand new character.

Dex-chan lover
You def have a point. Though my issue with this is that it's too unbelievable. Like the OP said, they've only been there a handful of times. Ok I am going deeper than I really should, but unless they submitted a portfolio or something, this teacher doesn't know him and his base of work. You can have a good eye for art. You can see that their art is missing something, but how she reacted was weird for someone new to these students. I think it'd be more believable if they had been working with her for a while then the teacher saw the change in work. I think what she said was spot on but too dramatic for this brand new character.
Perhaps, or perhaps 3 times were enough to see that his work is for some reason lackluster.
Could she have used more tact in the way she phrased it? obviously.

Now there are a few reasons why a character is portrayed like that.

It could be that they have been going there for more than 3 times, but the others were "off-screen".

It could be because the mangaka wants to "force" the "confrontation" we witness(between inuyama and toyoda) to happen without having to draw 20 extra panels for that, and well, let's face it, kind and encouraging words from the teacher would not make that happen, a "slap in the face" statement like the one she said would.

Then there is also the change that the teacher is acting the part of the "asshole" in order to try and push the students to push themselves and show results. Or at least help someone who seems to not be able to cut it to save wasting money on lessons that don't seem to help them.

But yes, there is the slight change that the mangaka wanted to portray her as a bitch...be he hasn't done that so far, at least not to that extent. So I kinda doubt it that this is the case.

Dex-chan lover
A hentai artist is a surprisingly good job to create a living, Inuyama, with all of the thing like fanbox and pixiv, as long as you have the talent, might as well not go to art school. :huh:
Blue ----- comic made me realize it is a waste of time to go to art school. You are just paying them to steal your works, or rather puff the ego of their mafia. Better get a technical vocation where you learn how to fix something, which I think EVERYONE CAN.

Dex-chan lover
I went back and checked, that was like the 3rd time they'd been to that place? What the fuck lady... how do you know if a person is phoning it in by the 3rd time? Screw that lady.
Yes it is rather harsh, but having been a student of fine arts classes and part of art productions. Yeah some people are gonna be that harsh cause your audience likely is going to be harsher and not intent on caring about you improving whatsoever, so while it is sucks to hear it sometimes it's what you gotta hear to start doing better. That said the position of an instructor is weird, you'll never really know what gets a response from a student and sometimes going 180degrees the opposite direction is how you get a gauge of what is and isn't okay (for both boundaries and progress in what skill it is you're trying to impart).
Tl;dr: what she said was harsh, but it wasn't malicious and her trying to do her job of getting students into their desired program (if taking classes wasn't gonna help them, they shouldn't be there)

Users who are viewing this thread