I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 39 - What's Your Name?

Double-page supporter
i havent read the light novel of claires pov, only the actual light novel of rei's pov, which chapter is that in so i can mentally prepare myself? im gonna read shes so cheeky for a commoner so..
Both the original and the Claire POV one feature Lene and her brother (
they reappear in later volumes, happily married, and they named their company Frater, which means siblings, so that they have a reminder that they're both lovers and siblings
). Books 3-5 of the original series
talk several times how one route's romance is princess Philine with her mother. And while that's not the route Rei is pushing for, there is a bonus chapter in book 5 with a dream sequence where the relationship between them is definitely romantic, and that scene also describes Aleah and May having romantic feelings for each other

Dex-chan lover
Re: Announcement
I like when there's two teams doing translations at the same time. Sometimes there's multiple meanings in japanese that doesn't come across in the english translation, and sometimes having different teams translate it can show the different possibilities.

Also, (ASS) for your abbreviated group name is hilarious. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see there's an agreement. This is one series I don't mind reading things twice.

So now I won't ask about it, and then I get to enjoy some ASS

Dex-chan lover
Both the original and the Claire POV one feature Lene and her brother (
they reappear in later volumes, happily married, and they named their company Frater, which means siblings, so that they have a reminder that they're both lovers and siblings
). Books 3-5 of the original series
talk several times how one route's romance is princess Philine with her mother. And while that's not the route Rei is pushing for, there is a bonus chapter in book 5 with a dream sequence where the relationship between them is definitely romantic, and that scene also describes Aleah and May having romantic feelings for each other
3-5 volume spoilers

Dex-chan lover
I am not really that much into yuri and pretty much neutral with the lgbt focused stories, (tho I am leaning a bit as an anti irl), but this series made me binge read it and it is actually good.

I knew there was an anime but didn't really touched it.

Dex-chan lover
you know what, reading the same chapter twice with the HQ ver. as late update ain’t bad at all :finnawoke:
i mean since 1 chapter sometimes take longer time to update, the HQ ver. can be a refresher before going to new chapter.

anyway thx for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
The author seems to have a thing for incest, which is... concerning. It happens in both the original series, the one from the view-point of Claire, and, especially, in the new part that focuses on their children.
There’s a new part? I knew about the Claire ons but not the other

Double-page supporter
Yeah, it's called "Turn around and face me". One chapter (consisting of an intro plus 9 parts) is out on the author's Pixiv Fanbox and there's an English fan translation available elsewhere on the internet

Dex-chan lover
I'm leaning quite heavily anti-EFMD right now.
I am just being honest. Plus, I don't really disturb their life or something. I won't poke my nose in their business, and they will not poke their nose on my business. Just that simple. Which is why I said "a bit". :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
I think I'll stick to your version, but I'm glad things were resolved amicably; really, Internet drama is the worst.

Overall, I thing the manga is the superior version of the ILTV; it has better pacing and it rewrites the events in more congruent and interesting ways, like in this chapter.
In the book, both Rei and Misha kinda suddenly decide on their courses of action regarding Princess Yu's situation; in the manga, we get to see a better build up to Rei's resolve to help Yu and Misha's suspicion towards Rei.
Also, the double take with Rei and Misha's kid versions, asking each other's names is a nice touch. :glee:

Dex-chan lover
This is legitimately one of the more f'd up LN's I've ever read

Most chapters are pretty chill but every other chapter it feels like they throw in a WTF moment or revelation.

one of my favorites is still quite a bit away and was so shocking I actually dropped the book, but then it was literally never brought up again and I'm still not sure why the author thought to include it
One of dark yuri I read, agree with you

Double-page supporter
I'm still very ambivalent about a lot of the "reveals" in the later books.

Thinking about the original Rei and Claire just makes me sad, what with the "never got to say I love you" bit. As does the fate of the original Rei as the administrator.

The original Rei being able to make a unilateral decision for all of humanity just like that is... concerning. I'm also not sure the endless repeat cycle is really living? There's no real progress. It's a nightmare, a bona fide SF dystopia.

The fact that the Rae we're following is "just" a copy, that has a lot of scary implications. What exactly are "souls", especially since they can apparently be copied like that. And the failed experiments? The video game Pillars of Eternity also had similar soul experiment plot points and they used it in a far philosophically scary manner, way more appropriate. Here, it's just almost played for laughs, shrugged off.

All in all, this is a universe I'd really really really not want to live in.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's called "Turn around and face me". One chapter (consisting of an intro plus 9 parts) is out on the author's Pixiv Fanbox and there's an English fan translation available elsewhere on the internet
The English translation, as well as all the other side stories, is right on Inori's (author's) Ko-fi site.

Users who are viewing this thread