Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.1

@bockerino
IKR I don't remember much, but in the WN she's even dumber and hostile to MC than this adaptation I'm surprised that she even aproaches Yumelia here, perhaps I'm forgetting somthing from the WN because I don't remember she aproached MC for magic advice, perhaps she'll be spared from her fated and stupid death at hands of her own stupidity in this adaptation, I hope not. Anyways I just want to see when MC farms that boss many times that it starts remembering every death LMAO

Not sure why a ton of people commenting think it's going to be 100% like the WN/LN. The adaptation already diverged and Alicia's personality/events are different. A lot of adaptations take a lot of creative liberties, on the top of my head Who Made Me A Princess turned the manipulative, malicious heroine into a naive, innocent friendly type, too. TBH, unless there's a massive plot twist, Alicia's personality seems to be genuine---there's no hint or foreshadowing that she's anything but skittish and meek but ultimately well-meaning so far.

@lightharion you are not remembering wrong
In the WN during the first vacation she doesn't stay at school and goes on a trip with the girl who was suppose to be the Heroine's friend and helps with the dragon problem and gets her precious dragon son. The only time MC and Heroine have time together is when the King and principal ask MC to help the heroine get stronger and MC powerlevels the heroine in the darkness dungeon.

@Airantu
OH SO TRUE,
I totally forgot the baby dragon incident and it was a major plot point too LOL, and exactly from what I remember the power leveling incident is when the heroine starts to have an even more unreasonable fear and hatred against MC, right? perhaps this adaptation will have a turning point there,
anyways let's see how this adaptation goes they may take some liberties like @Fluffeepuffee suggest

"Ok."
"Yay~! What will we do? What books do y-"
"Fight me."
"Huh?"
yWEfSmT.gif

FIGHT ME

@reu
As I remembered it Alicia had no desire to become stronger because the guys told her that they would protect her and she doesn't need to do anything, but mc was like "nah, that ain't happening" and asked someone (I think the headmaster?) for permission to train her or something like that...

@Umesan
If they would put that in, they would probably just somehow censor it and cut it out of the panel, maybe you would see a lifeless hand or a silhouette at most, I don't think they would just show that in all it's glory, seems too much for that kind of manga

@Doenyon
I actually found that part quite unsatisfying, she was killed off so sudden, without her realising how wrong she was, before she could even regret anything, it just felt so empty...

@reu
the poor girl was traumatized after being repeatedly thrown alone into life or death situations by the MC
Considering Eumiella's utter lack of social abilities, tact and common sense, it doesn't really surprise me that ultimately her actions pushed someone around her over the edge.
This is exactly why Patrick is needed in the story. Otherwise she would eventually be like "f*ck everyone, I don't want to understand them", when otherwise a lot of them might turn out quite decent.

@Aurosandro
just want to point out, and due to this not really being about this manga i'm spoiling it
i'm not sure how tan she was in the ln, it was probably darker then tan, that said, the community around anime and manga, at least the vocal bits, has gone very woke, to the point going to an anime convention when they were around felt like going behind enemy lines. i'll be honest I don't like the making the mc go from dark/tan to white aspect but it doesn't enrage me like it does so many others.

you kind of get a feel for what's going to cause a shitshow after a while, any manga with slavery you will have people in the comments denouncing it because its 'bad storytelling' or its wrong.

I like coming to comments and reading what people say, but god damn do I hate how so many of the people willing to talk are of the woke variety

o_O
first off hell of a short chapter
second woot since when is that wench able to talk to the mc without her simp squad? or graduated from making stupid accusations to asking for help for that matter?
feels very strange and ooc when you look at all their encounters so far

@alidan since I know which manga you're talking about, I'm going to answer, if my memory is not wrong, it's said that her skin was something like a crioulo, not dark enough to be black, but not too light to be white, then with her light spirit blessing her skin tone got lighter but still not enough to be considered white, but it was whiter than before

Though to be fair, if she didn't have the dark spirit... Favor? Or something like that, he skin would be naturally white, since her parents' skins are white

Dex-chan lover
Too short for the amount of waiting

Did this manga just came back from hiatus or did the scanlation team are slow at scanlating it?

Users who are viewing this thread