Anemone is in Heat - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - A Secret Between Us

Damn. I'm falling in love with this series now. Really hope we don't get a tragic end, but in a weird way, it makes me really appreciate each chapter more. Thanks for translating!

Power Uploader
@HCO I'm not that fond of that translation personally.

She says 私はあなたを好きになる which means "I'll come to like you".

I know that "suki" can be ambiguous, but that doesn't mean she said she wanted to fall in love with her.

As for the English title, "Anemone is in heat", I don' t even know where to start...

Power Uploader
@Kirin-kun @HCO yeah I was trying to fit text in tiny boxes and had to butcher the translation for brevity's sake in that particular instance (It was either that or a painful redraw, and I'm a lazy man. Of course now the mangaka has tweeted the original background image, so I wouldn't have to redraw at all... sigh). Our TL used 'wanting to like her' or 'come to like her' for those lines, and also elsewhere in the chapter.

If you have a better TL for the the series title, I'm all ears. Sakuragi Ren-sensei settled on "The girl doesn't know her heat" which is probably even worse lol (If her previous work is anything to go by, her English knowledge is... not great).

Power Uploader
@Daxar Well, the title is probably symbolic, so it's not easy to translate.

熱を帯びる means "tinged with heat", "feverish" or even "passion".

It's a feeling of warmth, excitement, increased tension, emotional.

https://thesaurus.weblio.jp/content/%E7%86%B1%E3%82%92%E5%B8%AF%E3%81%B3%E3%82%8B are all the meanings of 熱を帯びる

So, the title could translate something like "The Anemone Gets Hot/Warm", or "The Anemone In Passion", "The Anemone Becomes Lively/Emotional". But certainly not in the "in heat" (as in, looking for sex) meaning.

It's clearly The Anemone, the flower, unless there's a character named Anemone (and I don't see any).

And flower symbolism is something that Japanese (especially women) can take seriously. It's called Hanakotoba.

In Japan, red anemones say “I love you”; white anemones symbolize sincerity, anticipation and hope; purple says “I trust and wait for you”.

More generally, the anemone symbolizes forsaken love.

So, translating the title exactly, or the feeling the author wants to give, is quite arduous, because there are probably multiple layers of meaning that would be lost in translation.

Best bet would probably to just use the romanized title, to play it safe, "Anemone Wa Netsu O Obiru"

Dex-chan lover
The artstyle kinda reminded me of "himari no mawari san" pretty sure it has the same author.anyways let's see where this goes.
Thank you sooo much for the translations!!❤

Dex-chan lover
I love them! I curious about Mashiro-chan... If she's like this , what kind of ill she have? Don't wanna see Tragedy tag at the end of this

Users who are viewing this thread