Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 5 Ch. 91 - That girl’s damn wild -- the unexpected transfer student

Fed-Kun's army
Getting the snowball rolling now. Can't wait till she ends that bastard.

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to get used her beating ass maybe you guys should change the recruitment page lmao.

@pokefairy apparentally a decent amount of people actually. Just check out some of the popular wuxia and xianxias where MCs are cruel heartless assholes that kills people for just insulting them and they get no repercussions. But its okay because they are OP and the main character and you read from their pov so they get a pass.

Double-page supporter
Going to be honest there are some English/American novels with heroes like those two. Wish fulfillment is strange.

Dex-chan lover
Death Note still has tons of fans who canonise Light despite evidence to the contrary.

@Vinh sure, but at least most of those MC’s you’re referring to care about other, select, people, and don’t live in a modern society with legalities. There are no repercussions for them because it isn’t illegal and the universal moral compass in their worlds are so fucked up to begin with. The same cannot be said about modern world settings, where there are a fairly standardized code of morals most people abide by, at least openly. To be such overt pieces of trash is rather rare.

@Vinh the difference is that in wuxia novels are differet rules than in this arc this arc is in a world similar to ours which means similar rules while in a wuxia world it is totally normal to kill someone becouse he insulted you to be exact it would be stange not to kill some who insulted you becouse an insult is an attack and if you dont defend yourself everyone will make fun of you and your martial hearth will probably take some damage and if your martial hearth is damage there is an increased chance of you dying. so the situation is someone attacked you and that attack could result in you dying which means its ok to kill that person becouse he tried to kill you and the best way to defend youself against that attack is killing the attacker becouse you and him are already enemies and in a wuxia world where people can live billions of years and where are infinite possibilitys how someone can become stronger its best to immidiadlty kill your enemies

@pokefairy @Thifa I guess the original story was either the kind of "fall and comeback" soap where the original prideful heroine gets spurned into woobiehood by the bad guy than then is reedemed by her now genuine love (with the given in-universe synopsis, the most probable), the Nth variant of "The Taming of the Shrew" plot (the one most entertaining option given the personalities of both asshats IMHO), or a similar Mary Sue fantasy where the faults of the girl were wrote as if they were "charm points" (more or less their plot treating the original MC the way this manhua treats Su Luxia). In all cases, the heroine was fated to fall down and Su Luxia living is only hastening what the plot was going to trow at her anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@Lequinni actually the taking of the shrew comparison makes a lot of sense because the MCs are both assholes in this and that ( the shrew herself wasn't actually an asshole but for the time period...)
The FL being a bitch isn't too unreasonable, but the ML is usually good. This guy is eviiiil

Aggregator gang
Man, like everyone said, the main characters of the original story are so unlikeable it's hard to see why people would read it but...yeah, some people really just love overpowered main characters or ones that get away with everything.

Can't wait to see the girl complain how it's unfair that Su Luxia is bullying her or something, maybe in front of a victim of hers, and said victim laughs...or probably helps her and says that Su Luxia is evil since everyone seems to love that blue haired girl for some reason.

In my entire life, I have not met a man (or woman) who, if you are mean to them, they will instantly chase after you and fall in love. I know it's a trope, but it's not one I like because it's not really based on reality.

I'm looking forward to the next arc, though!

Aggregator gang
@SilentStorm
There are popular works that are in the same vein.
Chloe, from Life is Strange, for example, is a huge bitch who blames everything on everyone else. Normies love her and the game keeps trying to affirm her decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread