I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 40 - Dancing Maiden

The art felt really polished this chapter. Not like it hasn't always been good, it just looked even better.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, It's the Male Primogeniture system at fault at this. The Queen is simply a symptom, as in her view, her daughter being an heir is what's best for them all in the faction, including said daughter. No matter what it took.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC the Misaki cameo wasn't in the LN, but I still think it was a nice touch to see him there.
It was there, actually. She talks about the dream for sure but I don't remember how it was described. The dialogue is basically the same about the food.

He says a better line though: “Thank you for saving someone who knows what it’s like. Now don’t be an idiot. Make sure you check your food.”

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wonder how does Lily feels that she's the first gay nun reveal in the series yet the first gay nun sex in the series might not include her.

EDIT: Since Yu was her fiance, does this makes it also NTR on top of that?
Nah Lilly was never in love with Yu it was just an arranged compromise because Lilly is gay and Yu is, some of the time, a woman.

But in addition to this:
Silas was fully in on the scheme and tying his daughter to the royal family increased both his and the church's power.

Dex-chan lover
That was such a goood chapter and I really like the message it it say about accepting people for who they are. Thanks for the translation
really?

in a way I get it, but this whole arc has been about a mother transitioning her kid for personal gain and when it comes to light dad has to step in and dump the kid under the bus due to their public standing requiring such action, all while the siblings and friends work to undermine what comes down to royal authority...

Dex-chan lover
It's at this moment that you usually treat the person well or find a loophole to pardon her not throw her in jail because since she's a commoner not a serf she literally can move to another country where they'll open their arms to her and her family since she has her talents + probably a bunch of intel on another nation.
yes, but in the end of the day, what she did was a crime, royalty threat level (the one you usually gets chopped fast)..
so what putting her in jail makes sense..
i think at this timeline at the moment..
the "find a loophole to pardon her" is still on planning phase or even suggestion as the last page shown..
but yeah, you are right.. she can just escape if she wants to, but remember the title of this series.. lol

Double-page supporter
Honestly, It's the Male Primogeniture system at fault at this. The Queen is simply a symptom, as in her view, her daughter being an heir is what's best for them all in the faction, including said daughter. No matter what it took.
That doesn't make any sense because Yu is third in line (at best) and the more time passes the worse her standing gets. Every child from Rod or Thane, no matter the sex, pushes her back in the line of succession. The only reason to "make" her male is to wed her to Lilly so church and royal family are inter-wed and hope that familiar bond somehow translates to future generations.

I don't know how it goes in the LN: But if you want to increase the influence of the church over the royal family there's still a way out: Just make Yu a cardinal and appoint her adviser to the crown. This is how Rome did it, see Thomas Cardinal Wolsey or Cesare Cardinal Borgia; especially Borgia, all the Borgias.

This is one of a few situations where a story element is presented as final, when there's historic precedent otherwise. It's the solution the Queen should've taken first, since it prevents some serious headaches for the royal family.
However, it also would mean that we didn't get the story point of "accept others, no matter who or what they are", which -- in my eyes -- is equally as important, especially given the story that's told.

Dex-chan lover
I think thos is the first trans character I've seen that doesn't have crossdressing or genderbent in the tags🙏

Dex-chan lover
really?

in a way I get it, but this whole arc has been about a mother transitioning her kid for personal gain and when it comes to light dad has to step in and dump the kid under the bus due to their public standing requiring such action, all while the siblings and friends work to undermine what comes down to royal authority...
What are you talking about? I have read all the novels and what you said makes no sense. BTW, I was talking about the this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread