Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 3 Ch. 25

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, LOTS of spoilers from the later chapters of the WN and some pieces I found of the LN.

As others have mentioned, Yuri is in fact the daughter of a honey-trap class spy that was sent to the royal capital as a maid to destabilize things, but fell in love with a baron and became pregnant. She was chased out by the barons wife and forced to live in the slums with her daughter Yuri. Some time passes and she's visited by her partner(can't recall the name) whom she dismisses. After passing away, the partner takes Yuri under his wing and trains her to be a honey-trap spy. This actually explains all of the capture targets perfectly,

Bern - Son of the Duke and Prime Minister whom is second only to the crown.

Van - Son of the Pope of the main worshipped religion in the country.

Dorssen - Son of the captain of the royal knights who protect the royal family.

Edward - Crown Prince and second in line for the throne.

Any one of these would give her tremendous power and influence and she managed to snag all of them, but there were some snags. We've already seen the ones with Bern getting chewed out by his family and realising now how insane and wasteful their ideas and proposals are. Dorssen was eaten alive and damn near disowned by his father for his behavior towards Iris since he acted and made denunciations without proof and his mom gives him a Reason You Suck Speech about how his actions destroyed Iris's life when she was justified in her actions at another woman chasing her man and cites her running the Azuta Conglomerate as her way of coping and readying for a life alone since she was ousted from society by them. When word gets out that Iris runs Azuta, Edward tries to create a rival company, but can't match them in the slightest due to their more advanced managerial tactics, resources, knowledge, and public perception so he has Van drum up some false charges to have the church excommunicate her causing a massive scandal that bites them(Iris and her company) HARD. This backfires BADLY on them though since with help from Dean, they're able to not only prove their innocence, but cause an even MORE massive scandal outing large amounts of corruption in the church with the Pope being at the top of it.

Aggregator gang
Ever since the beginning I never liked yuri, I mean she comes out of nowhere and takes away the fiance title of the girl who spent all her childhood becoming the perfect girl for the Prince in order to not make him look bad. All I know about yuri is...well basically nothing since they haven't said anything about her except that she is from the country I think... My guess is that she is from that other country they were in war against and she is some sort of spy who's job is to make them indefense when the time comes.
About Bern it seems that Iris's antidote is starting to work on him (by antidote I mean his visit to iris in the previous chapters) and the "CHARM" status ailment Yuri cast on him is weakening since it seems that he's starting to realize the financial state of the kingdom due to Yuri's "smart" ideas and the stupidity of the Prince- which btw he's a lost cause already- as well as her real personality. I hope that what Iris taught him will completely wake him from that dream he is having and he develops a resistance to yuri and her charms.

Woot. This just got so much more interesting.

I thought she'd be an intriguing b'tch and figured her antics would have negative political effects but I didn't expect she'd actually be scheming for the sake of those political effects.

@doomrider7

But how did she get this far if she's actually just the bastard of a baron? I mean she shouldn't have any status at all if she and her mom were kicked out by the legal wife.

@Fuko Despite it being true, they also used the military as police force, engineering, politicians... and so on. As I see here, military also is the medieval-police equivalent....

Dex-chan lover
You are right. But I didn't just say army, I said big army. The kind you gather plebeians for a war of epic scale. "Even if you don't need to pay them you still need to feed them" big.

Fed-Kun's army
@ Lorraine

Seems to be a combination of things. Her being the barons illegitimate daughter seems to not be common knowledge since Prince Alfred found out about it via his spy network led by his bodyguard and confidant Rudius/Ludius(spelling not confirmed). On top of that, it was the Baron who went looking for her so there might have been succession issues. The reason it's allowed to happen is because of the lavish nobles who make up the 2nd Prince's circle of support who are nobilty with longer lineage vs the more recent nobles who are more conservative with their spending and work towards improving conditions of the fiefdoms that make up the 1st Prince's circle. To add, a lot of the 2nd Prince's nobility are aware of the potential damage, but don't care as they've may be doing(google translate so I'm not sure) illegal dealings with Towair and back the 2nd Prince due to seeing him as an easily manipulated Useful Idiot.

Dex-chan lover
Well this chapter was terrifying.

Not Yuri, either being really selfish, really malicious, or really stupid. The fact that her whimsical advice, that's going to affect the entire country, gets passed without pretty much any problem.

If Ed does disband the military, he is a grade S moron. Truly no one is stupider than him.

Dex-chan lover
If you want to know how progressives are seen by non-far leftist types, well here you go.

Fed-Kun's army
oh wow do i see a change of heart from bern? (at least in attitude i guess)

Admittedly made a loud gasp when I realized it, but OH MY GOD SHE’S A SNAKE

Dex-chan lover
I could understand a suggestion to cut back on military budget. Some countries do spend way too much on it, and then wonder why they have no money for other things. But disband them? Why stop there, let's disband the entire government while were at it. Might as well just give up and put a sign at the border, "Please invade and take over, we don't know what we're doing."

Dex-chan lover
disband the military? ok, that's it, she has to be a agent from that hostile nation there to manipulate the prince into weakening the nation enough so that it is basically served to hostile forces on a silver platter, and i cant help but think that queen has something to do with it as well... they are there to bleed the country dry to weaken it, perhaps the 2nd prince is in on it as well? i just cant help but wonder if there is a plot of the highest form of treason going on or not.
guess i'll have to keep reading to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread