Latest Update on State of MangaDex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
@Holo - Thanks for the new update, and thank to all the Doki team for all the hard work.

For all, if some chapters are slow just use, if available, the website of the scanlator and read there. Don't go to these aggregators sites, they are probably behind these attacks, because they lose money since they use ads, malware and other invasive spyware tools.

Aggregator gang
Yay! The speeds are almost back to before the ddos!
BANZAII! BANZAII!!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆ ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆ ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

Dex-chan lover
Curious, how long till the "newer" chapter will load much faster? An hour or three?
I'm currently reading something that has been uploaded for like.. half an hour.. and it loaded like, 5 minutes/page. 😂

Anyway that aside, thanks for the hard work, hope the problem will be solved soon. 😃

Contributor
Thanks a lot guys, it's only a little after 1 year but you already accomplish such a feat mmm...~!

Fed-Kun's army
@ABCsOfLife did you tried their suggestion of switching from "long strip" to "single page"? It made the trick for me, it loads just as normal with new chapters.

Thank'you all the MD team.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update <3 DDoS attacks can be annoying as hell, and having to deal with whining people who don't understand that it's out of your control can be even MORE annoying, so all the MD staff has my sympathy for having to deal with all that!

What do you guys mean by Older chapters?

Does it mean only the beginning chapters of all mangas?
Or
Those image that has been uploaded long time ago?

I might rereading those older completed manga, if old manga is unaffected until this get fixed.

I will say that its nice to be kept up to date with the happenings, especially when this has quickly become the best manga viewing site by far without paying for a premium service, though I have never used any of the premium services so am unsure of their quality.

I have had some issues with the iOS safari viewer, page loading is slow (for obvious reasons), but when I change from long strip to single page view, none of the touch to change page gestures are working (ie: tap the bottom right corner of the image to change to next, or swiping left to right or anything), and I find that I have to go back to the top of the page and use the page number indicator next to the chapter selector. Not a major issue but one that I thought should be brought to your attention for a possible fix.

I'm unsure if anyone else has experienced this.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Mangafreak18

Older chapters meaning anything uploaded over a day ago.

@OhNoGGWP

Other competitors would prefer you to use their sites which are filled with ads and malware so they can make money off you.

Group Leader
I'm glad everything is getting a bit better, it was such a whole thing dealing with such slow loading times for every page ;w; Thank you.

Thanks for the update, I was worried that my ISP was interfering or some other problem like that.

Dex-chan lover
Silence? You guys have been nothing but present and active with us. Thank you always for your service :)

Double-page supporter
I'll have so much manga to catch up on in the meantime now that speeds are being restored. Thanks for the hard work in getting the site back up and functional!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for everything, showing a little patience is a small price to pay on our part for all the services you offer us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread