Latest Update on State of MangaDex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
Why are you guys ( @Garo64 @Guspaz @421cookies ) discussing about limiting what can be uploaded to MangaDex, when all they need is a something like Thumbor? (Not sure if they already have a similar caching solution.)

Dex-chan lover
Many thanks on keeping us all updated. You guys are doing a great job!

Dex-chan lover
like most people i normally don't make forum posts but kudos to you guys for getting shit done fast
thank you my dudes

Fed-Kun's army
@Zael For me it's about what those heavy release scanlations should know rather than about the limitation tbh. I mean, even the 100 MB cap now can be used up quite easily when something like full color long chapter hentai comes in.
Iirc there has been a thread suggesting for auto pngout or something. I'm not sure whether they applied it or not either though.

Also, what with the site down just now?

I mean you're at the mercy of the service providers. That's far from your fault. Hang in there and don't let a hopefully vocal minority get ya. You rock!

Aggregator gang
It's not so bad, the load times, I mean. Not gonna win any speed award but it's tolerable. Even the load times on newer chapters s'not too bad. I'm sticking to your site because of how polished the reader is. Unlike aggregator sites with their clunky readers and huge banner & pop up ass. So, just do what you have to do, I guess?

Hey maybe this is a bot influx instead of ddos? I remember something about Batoto going through the same thing where the download bots were so numerous and taxing that it slowed down the whole site.

Double-page supporter
Seems to be fixed? This past week, it's been tiresome.I can finally read my trash isekais in peace.

Miku best girl
Admin
I've put enough workarounds to keep the site running relatively smoothly, The root of the issue isn't fixed yet - CF billing system still down lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread