Latest Update on State of MangaDex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Hoxx free Japan VPN still works for speeding up if you are having trouble with loading images

I didn't realise how much I love mangadex until it was down. Thank you so much for your hard work to bring it back up , and the continuous work to maintain the site.

I hope whoever started this fiasco gets hunted down by 4chan and destroyed. Hate Ddosers!

Fed-Kun's army
The site was working perfectly for me last night. I caught up on my backlog of newly uploaded titles, but today newly uploaded stuff isn't loading at all.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it was stated that older stuff would load fast and the newest additions would still be laggy after all.

Miku best girl
Admin
I will do another transfer tonight and improve the loading of the chapters uploaded in the past day.

Miku best girl
Admin
Things uploaded before I posted this will load at decent speeds.

Just want to say thank you for all your hard work, I can imagine these are difficult times. What you have provided is a godsend. Take care of yourselves and try not to stress over it to much 😁

Group Leader
Why in the world is it taking Cloudflare sixteen days to upgrade their billing system?! For anything longer than a couple of minutes they should have had a rollover process in place so people could continue using the old system until the new system was online.

Contributor
@Holo has your team evaluated the other solutions like Sucuri / Incapsula / et. al? I mean, it just seems like Cloudflare is really screwing you guys over and you're still sticking with them. I hear their support is basically trash too if you don't throw large wads of cash at their face too.

@Holo I thank you guys for your hardwork to bring the site back to normal, but if u guys wait for cloudflare billing system maintenance finish the site will pretty much dying by the end they finished the maintenance.

Even now reader is unuseable, 1 page loading take years.

Please consider take an alternative ways, it's not like cloudflare is the only solution for ddos protection.

@Zephyrus

Here is a suggestion to reduce the Traffic how about introducing a Picture Size limit like 900kb is weary well doable on any scan around 2000x2000 pix till 150 dpi which would get rid of upload's like a page 2-3 mb or higher whit DPI 300+ which a basically meant for print as even high DPI monitors go only till 96 dpi any ways

Second benefit would be Every one whit a lover connection speed can read faster as it will load faster
sadly this will require to re-upload some stuff again as there are many that are not skilled when saving outputs

VIP
@Garo64

I picture size limit that low will never happen, since we are proud over serving our images in the highest possible quality.
However, what has been discussed, is a data saver option that serves downscaled / compressed images, that can be enabled by the user
But like I said, it has only been discussed, no guarantees it will be ever implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread