Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 352 - Something I Want

Dex-chan lover
So we're in for a precedent of a king with both of its right hand and left hand trope i see. :pepela:

Dex-chan lover
It really depends on if the leadership skills he showed in the battra party can be applied at a less personal mass scale. Cause Mephisto's the one ultimately grading him on his contribution.
Yeah, it really depends on what Iruma shows he's capable of and what Mephisto determines to be "proof that Iruma can benefit the Demon Realm," given the nature of the test 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I still feel like the way his best pals join the arc is contrived. Very convenient one-wish bell brought up without explanation. And that kinda defeats the point of the challenge for Iruma, since Asmodeu and Clara will also have a merit in the success of that challenge.
The arc sure sounds interesting, but the plot could have avoided that blunder.
I disagree, this is only of several rank exams after rank 5 that the 13 crowns, and probably the 3 elders, oversee. It's pretty logical that the first test would offer at least on lifeline to the examinee, especially given what Iruma has been tasked with. Iruma is also getting into this exam due to his leadership skills, so it's understandable that Mephisto would allow Iruma's out of the box thinking. I imagine that Asmodeus and Clara's presence may initially hamper Iruma's evaluation since he may rely too heavily on them, but as long as he can prove his leadership skills and ideas are of benefit to the Demon Realm, it should allow him to pass towards the very end. Iruma's greatest strengths are his out of the box thinking (brought by being human and by his upbringing) and in his ability to build connections and move people to action, so Clara and Asmodeus are valuable assets to proving his capabilities, so long as he doesn't rely to heavily on them (and learning to both utilize their skills to the fullest and to not lean on them too heavily will be quite important for when he takes on greater responsibilities.)

I wouldn't mind if Azz and Clara are there only for moral support and advice/suggestions.

Dex-chan lover
I love how literally all of us with many manga reading experiences immediately knew the bell would be some crunch moment saving grace or something we see him ring then don't know what he asked for until a later reveal, only to immediately have the trope squashed in the best way. Of course he'd ask for Az and Clara, its Iruma, if he's got his posse they can do anything lol
Nah, knowing his personality I knew this was going to be the result the moment that we saw the bell. <3

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but feel like this is all a long-term plan for the Fingers to do something with the nomadic tribes in some way.

Fed-Kun's army
Of course he uses the bell to bring Clara and Azz, the Fairly Odd Demons of the Manga!

Iruma-kun is an average kid that no one understands
Dear Daddy and Mommy selling him to an old Demon fancy pants
The Doom and Gloom that filled his heart, and suddenly extinguished
By his grandpa Demon who spoils him rotten, and then he got his first friends
He got his first-
Odd demons, Fairly odd demons
"He wins against me!" "He likes playing with me!"
Odd Demons, Fairly Odd Demons Really Rad, pea pod, fluffy bed, hot choc
"Strange flowers, Hebrew Runes, magic circles, magic rings-"
"Muscle-head, Dirty Bird, Bossy Girl, Pickpocket, Lazy Bum, Succubus, Samurai~"
Odd Demons, Fairly Odd Demons
It flips your lid when you are the kid with Fairly Odd Demons!
Kalego: "Yare-yare-daze" (Poof-ed into small birb)

Dex-chan lover
Of course he uses the bell to bring Clara and Azz, the Fairly Odd Demons of the Manga!

Iruma-kun is an average kid that no one understands
Dear Daddy and Mommy selling him to an old Demon fancy pants
The Doom and Gloom that filled his heart, and suddenly extinguished
By his grandpa Demon who spoils him rotten, and then he got his first friends
He got his first-
Odd demons, Fairly odd demons
"He wins against me!" "He likes playing with me!"
Odd Demons, Fairly Odd Demons Really Rad, pea pod, fluffy bed, hot choc
"Strange flowers, Hebrew Runes, magic circles, magic rings-"
"Muscle-head, Dirty Bird, Bossy Girl, Pickpocket, Lazy Bum, Succubus, Samurai~"
Odd Demons, Fairly Odd Demons
It flips your lid when you are the kid with Fairly Odd Demons!
Kalego: "Yare-yare-daze" (Poof-ed into small birb)
Bravo! Brilliant parody!

Dex-chan lover
I can imagine Alice would agree to be Iruma's property to command

Double-page supporter
It's sorta opposite of the harvest festival, where he wanted to prove to himself (Ch.100) "I want Master to praise me, i want to stand proudly beside the others and become rank 4 like a hero" to others in his class, by competing with them, here he's more afraid of getting lonely, than trying to prove himself. Also I think that Bachiko telling him it's okay to fail is super cute
(Even when he was making his bow and she told him "You have one last chance" she didn't really expect him to do good enough, but wanted to motivate him to try harder, or give up which is in contrast to now, where she trusts him to try enough by himself)

Users who are viewing this thread