Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
thiiiiiiis is really forced...how are the dogs seeing through the fire? how do they know their prey isnt already dead? how do they know they need to take turns?
Well there are some Series were there is the concept that Magic Users can Sense whether their attack had hit the target or not, as the Mana used is sort-off like a part of their body, so the sense are connected to the Mana released for a bit.
Maybe those Monsters are following this method.

This format doesn't seem to be common because they usually go with the troupe of "attack hits the target, attacker rejoices, but the target suddenly appears unharmed".

There is also the possibility that those Monsters have other methods to judge situation like this, which is possible considering how cunning they are.

Or they are psychopaths who enjoy burning people and don't really care to hunt. They just like the feeling of burning their target to crisp, so they take turns and keep firing for a while without bothering to check whether the target is alive or not.

Dex-chan lover
thiiiiiiis is really forced...how are the dogs seeing through the fire? how do they know their prey isnt already dead? how do they know they need to take turns? there needs to be a window where they check that can be taken advantage of and in that window the girl can get another breath

but nonono the author says its demon time so he's going to bullshit his way into the demon being the only choice
One way to tell is by the sound. Even if they can't tell the difference in the sound their breath makes as the obstruction is reduced to cinders, they'd be able to hear the screaming and the sizzling, they may even be keeping the breath up just because they still hear the guy yapping away and freaking out that the flames aren't stopping.
Alternatively, they're keeping track of what's going on by peering under the flames, or just by looking at the shape the flames take as they wrap around the barrier.

Dex-chan lover
Good for MC that he has a god level summon to protect him, because his brain is so trash that he needs plot armor to not fall down the stairs and die, he's been standing in a litteral fire tunnel for so long that even if he's in a shield he'd die from lack of oxygen or dehydration from the heat by now, he's just THAT slow.
Clearly, the shield can't be penetrated by the heat. As for oxygen, the shield safeguards a fairly large volume of air so there's no reason to believe he would come anywhere close to running out from air before Sil can no longer hold her breath. As for being slow, not a whole lot of time has passed by since this is happening while Sil is holding her breath. He's just a fairly normal guy in terms of intelligence (and really the goofball acts are there to entertain us.)

I'm just glad this is leading to summoning the demon girl. :)

Dex-chan lover
SURSTRADA OUT
200.webp

LUCELIA IN
giphy.webp

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

The Demon gone, the Succubus in...
(OωO )...

thiiiiiiis is really forced...how are the dogs seeing through the fire? how do they know their prey isnt already dead? how do they know they need to take turns? there needs to be a window where they check that can be taken advantage of and in that window the girl can get another breath

but nonono the author says its demon time so he's going to bullshit his way into the demon being the only choice
Someone being a bit nitpicky.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While I'm bummed that the raws are being caught up to, I'm also happy that it's going so quick with such quality.. but really, I'm just excited to see what ya'll are gonna pick up next!
Thank you for all the work on this series! It remains one of the best translated (and let's be real, most consistent) scanlations that I've seen on here in a long time.

Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. Okay. I don't know why it slipped my mind that he has another card. I thought for sure he's going to pull something funny to get them out of there.

Dex-chan lover
If only she would keep that form cause that's fucking dope. Shame we know she's gunna get chibid

id defo call her mommy

Dex-chan lover
That... was pretty smart, actually. Three fire-breathing dogs taking turns to keep a constant stream.

I'd guess the lack of screams of burning pain would tell them if their prey is still in fighting condition.
Also they can always use the same method MC did.

About knowing the need to take turns... they not only disguised themselves as a single puppy, they also can talk. They are clearly smart enough to make actual plans.

oh god the can's CHARGED now! grenade!
I was actually expecting it to explode then and there from the heat, covering the shield on the contents. I'm... not sure which is safer on the long run.

Also, while he tried to lift the town sized "angel", the drawing whiplash this serious employs is something else! I fear this would be hard to adapt from here...
town-sized? well, her true form is, but she is pretty small right now. Do you think the weight stays the same?

They have nose and intelligence to trick humans
I agree with the intelligence, but... they are downwind, and a strong one. the smell won't get to them.

Good for MC that he has a god level summon to protect him, because his brain is so trash that he needs plot armor to not fall down the stairs and die, he's been standing in a litteral fire tunnel for so long that even if he's in a shield he'd die from lack of oxygen or dehydration from the heat by now, he's just THAT slow.
MC is dumbest character in the story. Even the apparently irrational wolf monsters were made smart enough to run away from someone with a ranged weapon.

I feel somehow the tin is still gonna blow up on him later...
My bet is on cat lady stalking them.

Wow. Okay. I don't know why it slipped my mind that he has another card. I thought for sure he's going to pull something funny to get them out of there.
probably your mind blanked it out after all the teasing that was done if he would summon her or not.

If only she would keep that form cause that's fucking dope. Shame we know she's gunna get chibid

id defo call her mommy
this brings a question. why the chibi? As in internal logic, not artistic.
Sure, Sil's giant form is... a bit too much, but she has a perfectly useable adult form.

My bet would be because of low level, either Sil's or MC's.

Users who are viewing this thread