Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Sil is going to tell him that the claw was controlling her. The thing he is pulling out and destroying. And once that's gone, he can evaluate whether the person that remains is a threat.
And yes, "magic brainwashing made me do it" IS an excuse (when it's true, at least).

Whether that's a good way to write a story, and especially to spend like ten chapters setting up, is another matter entirely (it is not).
:facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! I'm going to assume that her losing her power this way is how we get the loli from we saw on the previous covers. The real question is, does he get to keep that claw as some sick-ass loot? With everything it's been shown to do so far, you would think it would be incredibly useful. Even if you didn't do anything or alter it in any way, using it as a trump card to restore Lucelia's full power in an emergency if you're desperate is not a terrible idea.

Dex-chan lover
Surstrada must be a bioweapon in disguise at this point. It's dangerous af. I bet Luciela can just neutralize Sil with it in a second.

It's weird how much this diverges from the WN, the manga might not be all that great, but I think it's a lot better than the very cliche WN, where all the characters are incredibly boring and one note.

Dex-chan lover
I hated how long this fight was and I hated seeing those realistic injuries on cute Sil, but we got some nice boobas from Demon-chan so in the end I guess I'm ok with that? :win:

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, wondering if the Claw doesn't see him as a threat because he's her master or if it's because he's so weak?
I would assume because of being the master. Sure he is weak, but he was still strong enough to deal damage and rip it out, that should be a threat to it. Also worth considering, it twisted her restriction as a summon not outright removed them, she still sees him as a master, so I would assume she more has resistance to the effects of being a summon than outright they don't apply.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how much this diverges from the WN, the manga might not be all that great, but I think it's a lot better than the very cliche WN, where all the characters are incredibly boring and one note.
Woah, really? I really like the drawing style and all the emotions expressed by the characters. The pace is both a blessing and a curse because it is what is permitting to show all these extra details and made me read the chapters several times while enjoying it, but at the same time it feels like the progress is glacially slow. In any case, while the story is hardly anything special I do enjoy the characters and their portrayal, so for now I quite look forward to each chapter when they're released.
I'm looking forward to seeing small Lucelia with her original personality (though we did get a glimpse of it and apparently she was too nice for a demon, so MC has lucked out) but I can't help but expect she's going to be passed out next chapter and we'll deal with Sil's arm first, and then it's going to take some time for the MC to actually use Lucelia. I suppose that if Lucelia and Sil end up in the same world, then Sil might evaluate her then and might even be the one encouraging her master to summon Lucelia and give her a chance. At this point, I do expect it will take a few chapters.
Also, with all the disturbance on the floor and the report from the guild member who stalked them, he might also get a talk at the guild regarding the cards he used. I mean, at this point, it isn't something that can be ignored. In fact, I'm guessing it is how Sil's arm might get fixed; the guild will provide him with a potion.
I'm also wondering how Sil would actually fare against the demon king's claw when she's not limited by the summoning system. I expect her body wouldn't get wrecked as easily if she was at a higher level and had all her mana.
I'm also curious about what the MC will do with the demon king's claw; it seems like a material that could be sold at a high price. I mean, that thing apparently generates an infinite supply of mana and was able to bend to its will the summoning system. But it might just carelessly get tossed away by the MC. I'm also considering that perhaps it can be used by the MC himself, but I'm not sure how. I don't think Sil has any idea how to use it (can you scrape some dust off it and make a mana regenerating potion? Seems dangerous since it has corrupting properties). I definitely don't think it's a good idea to stab things with it as it corrupts what it stabs.

Dex-chan lover
what the heck did i just read ?
Apparently that horn that was sticking out of demon-lady's right eye was some sort of cursed item that is corrupting her mind. It's just powerful enough that she can disobey MC's orders to some extent.

From the brief flashes of her past that we get to see in the previous chapter, it seems that she wasn't demonic enough for her people's liking, so they fucked her up with that thing to make her suitably evil. It reacted to Silphy because she was recognized as an enemy. But MC is different - because of the summoning card system, she was forced to recognize him as an ally. So he was able to pull that literally damned thing out of her.

So it looks like we're about to see a huge personality shift. I'm hoping for a playfully mischievous loli who loves to mess with people, but knows where the limits are and is very sweet-natured.

Users who are viewing this thread