Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Noa-Senpai and Her Account Leak

Dex-chan lover
I've always just been lurking in chat and decided to say nothing about the absurd discussions about whether or not Noa is insufferable and is forcing her friendship on Rihito which always just baffled me. I can't believe some people don't understand the fact that Noa, Rihito, Toyotake, every character in this series and this story itself was cooked up by some middle-aged woman (cuz the mangaka is a woman i think, not sure, don't quote me on that) in her room, the laws of our society and world just do not apply here, I noticed this somewhere else as well when I was watching "Science fell in love, so we tried to prove it" where people would call a character a manipulate little bitch and that they hate her, when in reality she's just the side character loli messing with her childhood friend.

Take situations like where the main character of a romance anime does something stupid and gets the shit slapped out of him, that just romance stuff, take Kaga Kouko from golden time who was absolutely obsessed with the main character when she was in love with him, thats just romance stuff, take jinshi from apothecary diaries who messes with maomao, thats jut romance stuff (i hope, author please), take Iwanaga from In/Spectre who goes against the mc's wishes and is just over friendly with him, thats just romance stuff, I just don't understand why the same principle doesnt apply to noa and rihito everything noa's doing to rihito might be annoying in our world and maybe in theirs but Rihito himself has no problem with it, and he's the one having these things done to him and he isn't complaining or resenting her or anything of the sort

Though, everyone can have their own opinion on a subject, so feel free to call noa whatever you want, I just find this whole discussion dumb

(i suck at explaining my point, but this should get it across better)

Last edited:
Supporter
scp_containment_breach_logo_by_hey_just_shut_up_d7qoeeu-fullview.png

She has breached containment!​

Dex-chan lover
I've always just been lurking in chat and decided to say nothing about the absurd discussions about whether or not Noa is insufferable and is forcing her friendship on Rihito which always just baffled me. I can't believe some people don't understand the fact that Noa, Rihito, Toyotake, every character in this series and this story itself was cooked up by some middle-aged woman (cuz the mangaka is a woman i think, not sure, don't quote me on that) in her room, the laws of our society and world just do not apply here, I noticed this somewhere else as well when I was watching "Science fell in love, so we tried to prove it" where people would call a character a manipulate little bitch and that they hate her, when in reality she's just the side character loli messing with her childhood friend.

I don't know why people are self-inserting themselves into the story to judge the characters actions as right or wrong when, here's a little secret, it doesn't fucking matter, the way we accept the fact that naruto has a 500+ feet nine-tailed fox inside him or how people in Jujutsu Kaisen can teleport and shit, how Goku, is Goku or how One Punch Man oneshots absolutely everything after doing a bunch of push ups and sit-ups. When we're put into the universe of a fictional series, we just accept the laws guiding the world of the fictional series. Like I don't see anyone complaining about anime girls going "baka!" and slapping the shit out of other people for honest mistakes or how mc's just "happen" to grope someone when falling and just laugh at it as "regular anime bullshit" cuz it is just regular anime bullshit, everything noa's doing to rihito is wrong in our world and maybe in theirs but even Rihito himself who's having these things done to him isn't complaining or resenting her or anything of the sort

Stop complaining about what the cute anime girl does, cuz at the end of the day, she's just a cute anime girl doing cute anime things, geez
But this is not a fantasy story, this story is a depiction of the real world and all of the laws we have.

This story has been pretty open about touching on the topic of socially awkward individuals, and actively invites the viewers to talk about these topics.

These are real issues real people have.

Now if this was for example; an isekai slave girl harem with elves, catgirls, and 1,000 year old lolis, then yeah I get the "don't use real world logic" view.

Dex-chan lover

I don't know why people are self-inserting themselves into the story to judge the characters actions as right or wrong when, here's a little secret, it doesn't fucking matter, the way we accept the fact that naruto has a 500+ feet nine-tailed fox inside him or how people in Jujutsu Kaisen can teleport and shit, how Goku, is Goku or how One Punch Man oneshots absolutely everything after doing a bunch of push ups and sit-ups. When we're put into the universe of a fictional series, we just accept the laws guiding the world of the fictional series. Like I don't see anyone complaining about anime girls going "baka!" and slapping the shit out of other people for honest mistakes or how mc's just "happen" to grope someone when falling and just laugh at it as "regular anime bullshit" cuz it is just regular anime bullshit, everything noa's doing to rihito is wrong in our world and maybe in theirs but even Rihito himself who's having these things done to him isn't complaining or resenting her or anything of the sort

Though, everyone can have their own opinion on a subject, so feel free to call noa whatever you want, just not in chat so we can all just have fun talking about the chapter and people don't start yap sessions going back and forth on whether or not an anime girl doing anime things to her anime friends friend, iS aCtUaLlY sUcH A nUiSaNCe aNd wOuLd bE aNnOyInG tO bE wItH IRL
tldr

Yeah, they both are a bit... out there.

Also, Rihito-kun fixing to be screwed. That one chick is definitely going to stalk Noa-senpai and find out Rihito-kun is the only friend she has. And then she is going to think they are dating...

Dex-chan lover
Stop complaining about what the cute anime girl does, cuz at the end of the day, she's just a cute anime girl doing cute anime things, geez
You saying we should stop engaging with the story and its characters on all levels but the very surface one? What's the point of reading the manga then? If it is for "cute anime girls doing cute anime things", there's plenty of content that satisfies this itch without the baggage of trying to tell a story

Dex-chan lover
Though, everyone can have their own opinion on a subject, so feel free to call noa whatever you want, I just find this whole discussion dumb
Ummmmm...... where is this coming from???

Like, I haven't seen a comment on this chapter warranting such a reply yet

But this is not a fantasy story, this story is a depiction of the real world and all of the laws we have.

This story has been pretty open about touching on the topic of socially awkward individuals, and actively invites the viewers to talk about these topics.

These are real issues real people have.

Now if this was for example; an isekai slave girl harem with elves, catgirls, and 1,000 year old lolis, then yeah I get the "don't use real world logic" view.
I think what they mean is that Noa is obviously meant to be a comic and exaggerated character and we are meant to take her craziness with a pinch of salt.

Like, it's in the real world.... but these characters are meant to be exaggerated for the sake of comedy

You saying we should stop engaging with the story and its characters on all levels but the very surface one? What's the point of reading the manga then? If it is for "cute anime girls doing cute anime things", there's plenty of content that satisfies this itch without the baggage of trying to tell a story
Yes, but let's also be real, a huge part of her character is anime exaggeration... same with the other girl in this chapter and even our MC. Like, we should judge them, but not exactly like real people. They are meant to be exaggerated for the sake of entertainment. Maybe not as much as Looney Tunes... but pretty exaggerated.

So we should be a bit careful with judgement.

As in, judge her character, but remember she's exaggerated for the sake of entertainment. She's cranked up to 11, so dial her down 10 levels first before judging her....

Like, these girls are obviously meant to have issues... and our push over MC...

Dex-chan lover
Using Twitter as a messenger app, more or less.

That seems like a rather formal invitation, so at the very least she's not looking down on her.

Double invite. Somehow I think he should go.

Why does she think him being there will automatically save her from embarrassing herself? Considering her personality, that's kind of impossible. She's going to get embarrassed no matter how well she behaves.

Compliments cut to her heart. And then she forgets her own nervousness, so she can pick up the social slack. That's something she's good at, at least.

Practicing while working is easy if it's something you like doing. As a programmer I can relate to that.

Technically, UI is a lot of 2D work. Just of a different kind than she's talking about.

Too smart to miss the obvious private account. But not smart enough to realise she's got it backwards. Well, sort of. Both Noa personalities are true. The golden, shiny pedestal aside.

I can't believe some people don't understand
This is you not understanding what people understand. You seem like you're thinking that as long as people understand something, they will always agree with you. That's not the case.

If you find those discussions dumb, I think that's got more to do with your own capacity to understand those discussions. There are no monoliths in opinions, and all the examples you stated where people accept "romance stuff" also have discussions like this, and this one also have people who accept those story conventions here.

We all know these characters aren't real (I hope), but that doesn't mean we can't find it interesting to talk about them as if they are. It's absolutely not necessary to always treat them as explicitly fictional character created to just do "romance stuff" and not to be realistic. And this is regardless of what opinion you have of them.

I'd say it depends. We still expect them to behave roughly like people. Realism is a spectrum, not a binary, and it's not applied equally to all parts of a story.

I think what they mean is that Noa is obviously meant to be a comic and exaggerated character and we are meant to take her craziness with a pinch of salt.
But it can still be interesting to take it at face value. If you'd wave the, "it's meant to," wand at all discussions, there'd be very little left, because at the end of it, most of it is to create emotion rather than to be realistic.

As in, judge her character, but remember she's exaggerated for the sake of entertainment. She's cranked up to 11, so dial her down 10 levels first before judging her....
That's a matter of intensity, not what she's actually doing. If she does something wrong, it will still be wrong whether it's cranked up to 11 or just a 1.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, but let's also be real, a huge part of her character is anime exaggeration... same with the other girl in this chapter and even our MC.
That's the thing - there are people like them IRL, people cranked up to 11. They are uncommon, but they very much do exist.
The anime exageration part is also here, but as I see it, it is the circumstances and the environment engineered in such a way that the situation doesn't explode, and that we can continue seeing these characters interacting. Some minor things are slightly off, some things are governed by anime laws, but the characters, as they are, can be extracted from the manga, put into real life circumstances, and they wouldn't look implausible

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, they both are a bit... out there.

Also, Rihito-kun fixing to be screwed. That one chick is definitely going to stalk Noa-senpai and find out Rihito-kun is the only friend she has. And then she is going to think they are dating...
Honestly, although I usually don't like that kind of drama I think I wouldn't mind it in this case.

I just really want Tachibana to step back into reality with a normal sense of admiration and not a "OMG!! You're like the second coming of Jesus" obsessive worship admiration

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, it's quite funny to see comments saying that Nao is an "exaggeration" of the menhera stereotype when, in fact, she's not even close to the upper limit of what an actual menhera can be and how they can act.
At the very least she's not of the Toyoko kids kind.

Users who are viewing this thread