Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Ch. 181

Dex-chan lover
i was about to talk about it, that's their culture, us outside of japan don't give a damn, use whichever you like to say
And not anywhere in the world it is like this, a lot of cultures put significance into names and what kind of a name is appropriate when. (although not a lot to such a stupid degree as asian cultures)

Dex-chan lover
I can totally see her in the bathroom being like "Ooyama you're a dumbass" ... "Wait, Ooyama? ... Crap."
Yeah, seemed hypocritical for her to use his last name right as she's getting mad at him for using hers, but seems like she realized it herself.

Dex-chan lover
lSw4HsYF

Dex-chan lover
Ah, First Name basis! These two cuties can make the most mundane things so funny! Riko and Kota truly belong to each other!

And anyway, most of the class knew you were dating already.

I will never understand this trope. A name is a name, why be so embarrassed by it?
Yeah, I can't really feel that trope either - bur apparently it's huge thing in Japan, being on first name basis that is. Depending where you live it's kinda hard to wrap your head around 😅

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand this trope. A name is a name, why be so embarrassed by it?
Think of it as "intimacy", let's suppose you just met someone at first you call them sir, after a while you just call them by their name and then by their nickname.
What makes them ashamed is the progression of intimacy.
(Of course this is exaggerated a bit because it's a manga I highly doubt people will react that way)

Users who are viewing this thread