Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni naru zo: Akuyaku Reijou ni naru hodo Ouji no Dekiai wa Kasoku suru you desu! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20.5 - The Observer's Game

Dex-chan lover
Seems people missed the few panels about Liz’s expression when she thought about Alicia and Duke. What was said to her is the biggest clue to her true character. And the word “Rival”

Novel reveal about Liz.
Liz is normal commoner girl. What she’s been spouting out is what she believes what an ideal saint would do. She tries to think of ideal solutions but due to being a commoner that lacks the complex understanding of the kingdom like noble or royalty, her proposed plans are full of holes. Alicia is there to oppose her since right now Liz has only yes people around her due to her inadvertent constant use of charm magic. This charm magic is being activated by her hidden wish that Duke would look at her romantically. However since Duke doesn’t, she is very jealous of Alicia. She doesn’t realize she’s using charm magic at all.

It takes quite a while before all this is revealed. When she is finally confronted about her inadvertently using charm magic and confessing her love for Duke. She will get rejected by Duke and Liz as a character becomes more human, more likeable than the idealized saint she tries to portray herself as she tries to deal with her broken heart. More of Liz true personality is out in the open instead of being hidden. Various things happen, including those who were affected by her charm magic to react in various ways after it is revealed. Liz also becomes a bit spiteful towards Duke, which also includes trying to strangle him when he insults himself about his looks to make him apologize to all the girls. Liz was very attracted to how Duke looked, and she too knows there are many girls who have the same tastes.

People who disliked Liz before, some of them have better opinions of her once her true personality comes out. Liz herself also understands that her plans were kinda bad, but she doesn’t have the education like nobles to understand how complex solving issues could be. She could only hope that a viable solution that’s close to the ideal plan happens. However she sees that Alicia’s actions, although not ideal are actually producing good change. Liz’s feelings about Alicia are complicated.

With Alicia, Liz hates her and admires her at the same time. Part of this is due to Duke only having eyes for Alicia. But knows Alicia is a hard worker even despite being called a prodigy genius for her young age.
Yeah even without reading the novel i have read enough of these types of stories that it was painfully obvious that she was using charm magic.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if "rival" is quite right given how much Alicia coaches her and critiques her (in order to help her). I don't get much of a competitive vibe from Alicia.
It's accurate in terms of magical ability. Alicia's competing with Liz about how strong they can be, so she does consider her to be her rival in that regard. There's also the villainess vs saint dynamic, but there "rival" only arguable correct.

Seems people missed the few panels about Liz’s expression when she thought about Alicia and Duke. What was said to her is the biggest clue to her true character. And the word “Rival”
Saying people missed something you picked up on because you read the novel is rude and unfair. It's basically backseat driving. Sure, a lot of people are looking for spoilers, but a lot aren't, so do try to consider them and don't trample over them.

Dex-chan lover

Novel reveal about Liz.
Liz is normal commoner girl. What she’s been spouting out is what she believes what an ideal saint would do. She tries to think of ideal solutions but due to being a commoner that lacks the complex understanding of the kingdom like noble or royalty, her proposed plans are full of holes. Alicia is there to oppose her since right now Liz has only yes people around her due to her inadvertent constant use of charm magic. This charm magic is
being activated by her hidden wish that Duke would look at her romantically. However since Duke doesn’t, she is very jealous of Alicia. She doesn’t realize she’s using charm magic at all.

It takes quite a while before all this is revealed. When she is finally confronted about her inadvertently using charm magic and confessing her love for Duke. She will get rejected by Duke and Liz as a character becomes more human, more likeable than the idealized saint she tries to portray herself as she tries to deal with her broken heart. More of Liz true personality is out in the open instead of being hidden. Various things happen, including those who were affected by her charm magic to react in various ways after it is revealed. Liz also becomes a bit spiteful towards Duke, which also includes trying to strangle him when he insults himself about his looks to make him apologize to all the girls. Liz was very attracted to how Duke looked, and she too knows there are many girls who have the same tastes.

People who disliked Liz before, some of them have better opinions of her once her true personality comes out. Liz herself also understands that her plans were kinda bad, but she doesn’t have the education like nobles to understand how complex solving issues could be. She could only hope that a viable solution that’s close to the ideal plan happens. However she sees that Alicia’s actions, although not ideal are actually producing good change. Liz’s feelings about Alicia are complicated.

With Alicia, Liz hates her and admires her at the same time. Part of this is due to Duke only having eyes for Alicia. But knows Alicia is a hard worker even despite being called a prodigy genius for her young age.
You dropped this 👑

Thanks for the TL

Damn am I the only one who actually really likes Liz???
I wouldn't say I 'really like' Liz but I like her a normal amount and I'm glad to find someone who likes her too!

She's set up like a white lotus which would be annoying but then she has these deeper thoughts happening face occasional and I really like that. Adds depths to her character. Really have a character building moment and hope to see it reveal later!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Shortie is aware of what's going on, or is only influenced to some extent. For the love interests, they seem to be less alert than Shortie given he was able to slip away to ask Liz. I also think that the other love interests have a higher physical prowess, reaction time or dynamic vision- another direct observation is the name of this chapter, "Observer's Game"

Users who are viewing this thread