Ryuu to Ayumu Nariagari Boukensha-dou - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Persuasion

Dex-chan lover
Even if the leader was cool and took responsibility for his team's actions, those actions were still "attempted murder" or at the very least "assault". The actual aggressors dont seem remorseful. I'd need more than a bowing of the head and heartfelt apology, else those guys would either have lost their jobs or their heads.

Dex-chan lover
Attempted murder => get caught => say "I'm sorry (not sorry)" => get healed and let go => literally do it again immediately.

What is this, New York / San Francisco?

I joke. But this really happens. People who aren't exposed to the ramification of brutality tend to have head in clouds. Until it happens to them. (There's a word for it in Psychology courses, but I can't recall the term.) NovelUpdates has a tag for this "naive protagonist", and I generally steer clear of those.

Usually morality fables like Aesop or Brothers Grimm and the like are to warn children of this, since if bad things happen even once, it's too late by then. But I guess culture is captive at this point. Principles like egalitarianism only hold true if everyone follows the rules. But that's a Sociology question more than Literary.

In this fictional story... which can go outside the bounds of reality... I doubt we'll see any repercussions. It's already diverged from the WN source material. Probably the JP manga editors stepped in and made changes for mass market. (See above paragraph.)

This should be tagged as adaptation probably too.

"If the reinforcement and Eldora hadn't arrived in time, my heart would have been pierced."

BuT iT's oKaY bECauSe thEY APoloGizED.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Even if the leader was cool and took responsibility for his team's actions, those actions were still "attempted murder" or at the very least "assault". The actual aggressors dont seem remorseful. I'd need more than a bowing of the head and heartfelt apology, else those guys would either have lost their jobs or their heads.
The leader seemed reasonable and promised he would 'retrain' his subordinates so such a thing won't happen again. With how strong they looked fighting MC and dragon waifu before, I imagine their training to get there was pretty harsh, so the leader will bump that harshness up to 11 or 12, maybe more since this doesn't look like the first time they went adventurer hunting. Still, if they see for themselves whether MC wasn't spouting bullshit, then they'll probably take their punishment with some closure in mind.

That's just my wishful thinking, though. Now I'm curious whether MC's former party will be in a bind that he'll have to come to save them, and where the heck is his childhood friend in all this?

Dex-chan lover
It's ok guys, the Shadow Knights just wanna talk to you about your car's extended warranty.
Nah mate, even Shadow Knights wouldn't want to deal with those vultures. They are a ruthless bunch.

Now I'm curious whether MC's former party will be in a bind that he'll have to come to save them, and where the heck is his childhood friend in all this?
I hope not, let the murders die. And still out there looking for him I'll assume. But you'll think with all the commotion those two make she would have been caught up to them

Dex-chan lover
Problem is, who is going to judge them.

They are already in a profession were they can die anytime and there aren't enough people to do the jobs required, so conflict between groups are ignored a lot of times because it's too much hassle. Plus law & order is just a vague concept, and only considered when something really serious happens.

I mean, just take a look at how the Guildmaster didn't do a thing to that Guy & his partners who left MC to die, even after MC had informed the truth to her, as there wasn't much she could do about it just with the testimony of the victim.

You can't really judge every situation based on modern society norms either.
And Authors regularly use these middle age or older era settings primarily because of how bad or vague the concept of law and order were there back then. It gives them the leeway to do anything they want without worrying about the societal implications within their story.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Out of all of that kurfuffle, I am just disappointed that the MC required saving. They sent the dragon away, and then had her teleport right back, what's the point? At least show that the MC has some capacity to protect himself in those kind of situations.

Dex-chan lover
This has got me cornered. Like I think Eldora being his biggest support and saving him is good. He's inherited a lot of power that he doesn't know how to use. It is nice to see a slow ramp-up to self-sufficiency. I also hope that Eldora doesn't become unexplainably useless when he gets stronger. I wanna see a competent and strong couple for once. It's not bad that Dion is a nice guy but the overly Japanese characteristic of "Oh it's my fault that you tried to murder me twice, I am sorry for inconveniencing you" Is grating. Of course, it's more nuanced than that but I wish they would not be a walking doormat.

TLDR: Story good, Eldora good, Dion good but could tone the kindness boner down a tad.

Edit: Also these are just my ramblings. Please don't try to make sense of them haha

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i'm also still curious about the aftermath of the guild leader fighting Yuki. we've seen something by the guild master, but nothing from Yuki (as far as i can remember). is she (unlikely) crippled or was she forced to leave the city/country, or was she fed more false information to lead her astray?

for one (likely) major character introduced in the first chapters, aside from the trash group, to not reappear after this much time, is just odd.

wouldn't mind some tagged novel spoilers if anybody knows.

Users who are viewing this thread