Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Oh ho? what an interesting premise. I guess he's meeting one of thw tribes that potentially worships (and restricts) those who can see and communicate with spirits?

Hopefully he doesn't get dragged into the conflict too deeply, but dang im glad he rescued those people.

Dex-chan lover
transitional I guess, this feels like it'll be a long arc (maybe 10 years/3 chapters long)
Feel like it'll be longer than that / recurring to some degree, imo. This is a series where I see a new char being introduced who's a kid and my first instinct is "oh, the author wants them to be able to live for multiple arcs, I guess".

Contributor
Noticed a small typo on the last pages, where it says there’s a big weight on their “shoulder’s”, but aside from that it’s fine

Dex-chan lover
A bit much to ask a total stranger to save them from a whole hostile army. I suppose they must have some kind of hero worshipping culture.
It appears so. Similar to Hero summoning in isekais, the elders turn to a Hero strong enough to solve their problems for them, because they can't do it themselves. Whether they're too weak, or too unimaginative to think of creative solutions. Shitty part is when those people start getting upset at literal children for not being able to deliver on their demands. I sense that situation brewing here. She was entrusted with the future and safety of the tribe, and her solution is to bring in an outsider, what more an Elf...not that they know Aesir is a High Elf yet. We'll see how many of her people will actually be retarded enough to cause trouble, particularly among the council members.

Dex-chan lover
It appears so. Similar to Hero summoning in isekais, the elders turn to a Hero strong enough to solve their problems for them, because they can't do it themselves. Whether they're too weak, or too unimaginative to think of creative solutions. Shitty part is when those people start getting upset at literal children for not being able to deliver on their demands. I sense that situation brewing here. She was entrusted with the future and safety of the tribe, and her solution is to bring in an outsider, what more an Elf...not that they know Aesir is a High Elf yet. We'll see how many of her people will actually be retarded enough to cause trouble, particularly among the council members.
MC: :haa:

Dex-chan lover
Nomadic tribe full of old people vs a mongolian raiding party.
Thread reaction: "Why won't old people do something?"
Hint, they did, that's why MC is here, it might not sound noble, but way better than being a corpse while your family is getting pillaged.

Dex-chan lover
"Should we ask for stranger's help to stop our total destruction? ...nah, that would be rude."
We have seen that world is not unrealistically peaceful. Aesir has heard of conflicts a number of times, and has even prevented one, in a manner of speaking. So, it seems unlikely these nomads would have lived in perfect peace forever. How can their only solution to this problem be to rely on a total stranger that just happened to be close enough for the spirit to force him to go and help the village? So far I'd say this was perfectly fair because Aesir paid back to the wind spirit his easier trip across the swamp, but from now on, huh? It seems to me those nomads should already be busy packing up, gathering their animals, and travelling to some stronghold where their people would traditionally gather to resists the enemy in larger numbers.

Dex-chan lover
+1 loli
Usually I'm happy but with how brutal the passage of time in this story, I can already see her becoming hag in like 3 chapters 😢

Contributor
A bit much to ask a total stranger to save them from a whole hostile army. I suppose they must have some kind of hero worshipping culture.
They asked the spirits to help them (aka praying to the gods). Then the spirits brought a savior to them. Its not like they asked every random dude passing through.

Dex-chan lover
They asked the spirits to help them (aka praying to the gods). Then the spirits brought a savior to them. Its not like they asked every random dude passing through.
Read my other comment a couple of posts above yours. They are uber fatalistic if that's the one and only thing they would do. So, I'd say it's a bit much.

Users who are viewing this thread