Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
So did he just completely forget about the human girl... again? He promised to stick around, then immediately left again for what has apparently been years.
And not even letters, i was gonna comment this too, mind you he promised to be with her in her final years if I recall correctly (which makes no sense since he in his own words has all the time in the world so why he leaves her seems anti-character).

Is this possibly setting up Irena as the/a love interest? Also I think the mangaka keeps forgetting MC is a reincarnated Human and has him act like an Elf too often.

And not even letters, i was gonna comment this too, mind you he promised to be with her in her final years if I recall correctly (which makes no sense since he in his own words has all the time in the world so why he leaves her seems anti-character).

Is this possibly setting up Irena as the/a love interest? Also I think the mangaka keeps forgetting MC is a reincarnated Human and has him act like an Elf too often.
I agree it's an oversight he doesn't seem to be maintaining any form of contact with any of them other than Irena. Though I feel that their relationship will never go past one of friendship, respect and business.

However the MC has lived what? Almost two centuries as an elf now? And he has made one or two introspective comments that he worries that his humanity is slowly slipping away.

Dex-chan lover
This is what I call good pacing, interesting story, interesting and deep characters.
If only those copy pasta authors would read things like this and try to copy this instead. It has so much room for original content.
Not the: I got kicked out of it the party; I'm secretly op; I'm as shallow as a rock mc with a harem, probably made out of slaves(in Isekai); trash they're just printing like toilet paper these days.
Bring back the old days of fantasy genre!
And you know how? Because there’s no Big Goal at The End (eg: kill the demon king, return to earth, etc). Couple that with Aesir’s naturally long life and lack of his own BGTE (eg: gathering a harem, power-levelling to beat a rival, revenge, etc). IMO doing it like this manga is harder because you have to be particularly good at storytelling and world-building, and not everyone can or want to do that.

Now if only they can give him a waifu…

Dex-chan lover
I agree it's an oversight he doesn't seem to be maintaining any form of contact with any of them other than Irena. Though I feel that their relationship will never go past one of friendship, respect and business.

However the MC has lived what? Almost two centuries as an elf now? And he has made one or two introspective comments that he worries that his humanity is slowly slipping away.
He’s also very aware that his time flow’s much more stretched out since he’s a true elf. There’s only so much personal grief one has to face if you’re going to live so long that your friend’s descendants will still die faster than you getting a wrinkle.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

The time skip this manga have is very scary, let alone one year even one month is enough event to fill 1 paper full to the brim...
@.@...

Wait shouldn't half-elf's be unable to communicate with the spirits, isn't that why they are hated and ended by the elf community

Supporter
So did he just completely forget about the human girl... again? He promised to stick around, then immediately left again for what has apparently been years.
Maybe he meant he will be with her at her final moment. not until her final moment.

btw, I know the premier of serie is time/mental difference but goddamn,at least let her be happy before she gone.

poor girl got that "perfect nippon wife" illness(I know he does what he want and doesn't care about love but I gonna delicated my whole life for him to the point that raising children to fullfill promise with him anyway)

kinda remind me of Deathflag main girl which also perfect nippon wife type(nadeshiko?)

Dex-chan lover
This shit took ages for the 20th chapter, can't wait for my grandchildren to see it's 50th chapter

Dex-chan lover
There is one sincerely amazing thing this series managed to do that always surprises me when I stop to notice it, that is how it makes me get "lost in time", considering how fast time moves in the story and how many events happens over many years...

We are only at chapter 19, but whenever I finish a chapter, I feel like a lot more chapters have passed by and always get surprised at how few chapters I've read yet.

Usually, its the opposite, where with any story, you feel like you barely read anything and you check and you already are at chapter 50 something or more.

Usually, I feel like time skips are particularly wasteful and authors should actually show what happens in that time skip instead of simply skipping to the future and explaining, but in the case of this story, time skips happen all the fucking time and that is actually a tool used extremely well give time itself and its passage are a huge aspect of the story and every time it happens, I'm caught wondering about other characters, how they are now, how they aged, if they are still alive and all that.

Props to the author who has managed to pull this off masterfully.

Users who are viewing this thread