Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
It hurts so good.
People say Frieren is good at depicting the passage of time but this is leaps and bound over it with how casually years pass through the chapters.

I don't even want to try to remember how old Kaushman and Nonna are right now.

Dex-chan lover
who are these two? i cant remember

image.png
you cant remember them since they werent there when aesir and wynn left. thats the next generation

thanks for the chapter
and yeah different life span can be realy a curse

Dex-chan lover
Yeah.... this is probably why the other high elf didn't bother to leave their home, they knew what awaits them or because they live for so long, they already experienced this.
The high elves are insular and quite ignorant, they wouldn’t know about this (well may be some of the older ones). They didn’t leave mainly because they got no interest or ambitions that may drive them to leave. Aesir is an exception due to how he was reincarnated.

Dex-chan lover
So last month the WN and LN ended, WN with 376 Chapters + 2 extras / 38 Main Chapters and LN with Volume 8, manga still have a long way to go, since this chapter cover part of WN Arc 11 or LN Volume 3, Chapter 1, LN is licensed by J-Novel and currently doing Volume 3

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It hurts so good.
People say Frieren is good at depicting the passage of time but this is leaps and bound over it with how casually years pass through the chapters.

I don't even want to try to remember how old Kaushman and Nonna are right now.
Both Frieren and High Elf focus on long-lived transiency, but High Elf leans more into lengthy passages of time and how things can greatly change amidst the constancy of being a high elf.

Frieren leans more into the post-heroic adventure afterstory, the adventure of the long-lived elf after the passing of her mortal friends/comrades.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's interesting to see such rows of identical gravestones. The only time I see anything like that is when visiting the section of a graveyard where the fallen soldiers of WW2 rest. Perhaps in Japan is customary or even the cemetary regulations for every grave to have an identical stone.

Contributor
It's interesting to see such rows of identical gravestones. The only time I see anything like that is when visiting the section of a graveyard where the fallen soldiers of WW2 rest. Perhaps in Japan is customary or even the cemetary regulations for every grave to have an identical stone.
Or just the artist didn't want to bother coming up with designs

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work…
^^…

Yep, just a chaotic amount of info like always with heavy feeling...
:worry::wtf:

Dex-chan lover
I want an entire arc where Aesir is struck with grieves/sorrow he goes full madlad murderer for awhile.

Double-page supporter
Man, This why I don't want to be immortal. It's painful. You live watching others move on with their life and another... While you still here, with all the loneliness.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was a gut punch because of so many reasons. The loss of his first friends in the human world, Irena's thanks, the realization Kaeha will probably die soon, Wynn departing soon, and the horrid realization that even Wynn will die long before Aesir...

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation. Not afraid to admit I was tearing up at the end. And the thought that Wynn is now going to have to watch everyone he loves die eventually, then Wynn will realize Aesir has been feeling the same anguish for so much longer than him and he will someday have to make Aesir cry for him too. It's always sad to watch a parent outlive their own child.

Dex-chan lover
Grief makes us human, after all. Tocbe detached from the pain of loss is to be less of a person.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation. Not afraid to admit I was tearing up at the end. And the thought that Wynn is now going to have to watch everyone he loves die eventually, then Wynn will realize Aesir has been feeling the same anguish for so much longer than him and he will someday have to make Aesir cry for him too. It's always sad to watch a parent outlive their own child.
Wynn will have at least his dwarven friends since their lifespans are similar, High elves have the highest lifespan of all humanoid races so besides his own race and maaaybe specific individuals that got inmortal or extremely long lived species like dragons Aesir is kinda boned in that sense and will see everyones grave long before his own time comes

Users who are viewing this thread