The Dangers in My Heart - Ch. 146 - I'm Not in the Mood for a Festival

Dex-chan lover
So, I would love if Chii knew the whole time or has recently been made aware through her own powers of observation....but what if she is just saying that so she can get Pickup-senpai to stay away from Yamada considering she knows how he was before?

Although, if Chii didn't know it would be super shocking at this point. Yamada and Ichi are ALWAYS together. They spend so much time with each other...at each other's houses, out and about, on the beach trip (didn't Yamada say not to tell him while they were at the Karaoke place all day?), like there are a TON of hints that if she was unable to see them she would be so dense I would be scared.

Supporter
I still don't get what the point of this arc is. :pepehmm:
Broadening the cast (seriously, who's the dude with Serina?), creating actual story beats that aren't just Icchi or Anna-centric going forward and, especially, fleshing out the main relationship not as the couple sees it but in how those around them do (both in truth and in how it's being "shaped").

Contributor
4c3297c33ca796802130f1ecae3e9f46.png

Dont mind me. Just dropping this cameo i saw today.

(Source: Kimi ni Aisarete Itakatta. Fyi very toxic)

Last edited:
Supporter
So, I would love if Chii knew the whole time or has recently been made aware through her own powers of observation....but what if she is just saying that so she can get Pickup-senpai to stay away from Yamada considering she knows how he was before?

Although, if Chii didn't know it would be super shocking at this point. Yamada and Ichi are ALWAYS together. They spend so much time with each other...at each other's houses, out and about, on the beach trip (didn't Yamada say not to tell him while they were at the Karaoke place all day?), like there are a TON of hints that if she was unable to see them she would be so dense I would be scared.
My guess is she figured it out in retrospect from their interactions on the trip and, suddenly, all the loose pieces of the puzzle assembled themselves spontaneously.

Dex-chan lover
So like...the usual? This story regularly has cringe moments, because being the middle schooler you learn a lot of stuff right, wrong and center, and then make stupid decisions based on that. That's what makes it relatable/believable.
I get not wanting to dwell on these moments, but they are steps for the growth.
this. some people havent noticed this very important point for some reason and im glad im not the only one

Broadening the cast (seriously, who's the dude with Serina?), creating actual story beats that aren't just Icchi or Anna-centric going forward and, especially, fleshing out the main relationship not as the couple sees it but in how those around him do (both in truth and in his it's being "shaped").
i was just thinking that Kyo and Anna are trying to keep their relationship a secret, but everyone is in on the plan of making Kyo x Anna official. they don't know of course, but they at least know their very close and their always together. It seems like Norio is addressing Anna's Idol status and how it effects her relationship w/ Kyo, i think thats the main point to this arc

Group Leader
I still don't get what the point of this arc is. :pepehmm:
There are several roles this arc could be playing:
1) The public rejection serves as a fun, unique conflict/point of tension without much angst behind it. It's important to have these points of tension in the story - especially now that the main point of tension, the will-they-won't-they, has been resolved. It even allows them to bring back a bit of the "cringe loser" aspect that the story had at the beginning.
2) The arc serves as an interesting way to potentially have others become aware of their relationship. With it having been hidden for so long, and with the implications of Yamada's work discouraging her having public relationships, it would be a bit of a let-down from a storytelling angle if they just let the world know on day one.
3) This could play into a larger conflict to do with Yamada's career or Ichikawa's self esteem.

I sorta get the reason, but also i feel like the public rejection was completely pointless, and now it's just awkward writing. I hope this wraps up fast, cause it's really not that enjoyable to read. I get why they are doing this, and i can get why some people might enjoy this sort of writing because it's "relatable" but for me it's just not fun to read.

Users who are viewing this thread