The Dangers in My Heart - Ch. 149 - I Want to Have a Serious Talk

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'm familiar with that case too. But I don't think that's what Norio is going for with this. We should keep to the perspective of the manga first, rather than trying to equate real life cases. In that case, in all fairness it's a grown woman. Why they had such a view of a newscaster, not even I could tell you, but it's a whole different ball game...and rather, an oddity among most cases.

The way I see it, it isn't men being the big concern in her line of work. In school, maybe, but outside of that, perhaps not. They're still middle schoolers, so...y'know, realistically most wouldn't have such feelings toward her. Logically speaking. But in the case of her fans being women, not all would accept Ichikawa as boyfriend material. They likely have their own opinions of who could be, and in most cases, it'd be another actor. It's a rather common thing, both in manga and real life. It's why it's so common for celebrities to date other celebrities, both for the viewers sake and for their image's sake.
I feel like BokuYaba touched upon that also, given the nature of their relationship. It might seem self-deprecating because we see it from Ichikawa's perspective, but not even their classmates could see the two of them being together, and it's part of why they struggle so much with being honest about their relationship.
It is men as well, remember when she was out with the blonde girl and men were following her. They may not have been fans but Yamada is a model and an actress. Men do know her and follow her. She engage Ichi as a block.

Also unrelated saw the work stressing the relationship coming miles away. What do we think the resolution is? We know Ichikawa is planning to go to a tough university and that means even less time as he studies.

Dex-chan lover
even if agency says two thumbs up, there is no solution besides her leaving that career

as usual, moe needs correction 💢

Dex-chan lover
Also unrelated saw the work stressing the relationship coming miles away. What do we think the resolution is? We know Ichikawa is planning to go to a tough university and that means even less time as he studies.
I genuinely don't know, there is no solution that doesn't come with compromises for one side.

If Anna quits acting or her career crashes she's gonna be miserable, we already know that nothing makes her whole as much as acting does. If she doesn't quit acting Icchi's going to have to spend his entire teenage life hiding his relationship from the public and get over the fact that Yamada has to kiss other men as part of her job, which he's not doing so good with right now.

Dex-chan lover
Just shy of 150 chapters would be a bit late but the idea of a romance story that gets halted, complicated and then swiftly destroyed by the media machine is a great premise.

I think I saw a similar oneshot made to promote some song once.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this boi really stayed in the bathroom for 20 minutes... if this continues, it'll really disrupt their dates :l

Users who are viewing this thread