The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Dex-chan lover
Because punching fireballs is totally normal
Because one-shotting trees is totally normal

It is obvious there's something going on with him, either some weird magic or whatever else.

Now let us just really hope we are not treated too much to the "arrogant nobles disrespect him cause he does not have magic". Or pointless harem crap.
I want to see a wholesome story, no drama.

Dex-chan lover
So no concern at all that his previous empire fell? They were at a stalemate for how long? And then the sudden loss after their deaths... What was the point of them holding back and not losing to each other? He's lack of concern about it annoys me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
wait an engagement between a high ranking noble and a commoner just like that :korone::meguu::meguu::wooow::bleh:
The noble is a 200+ year old elf, who is called a sage, I think she have a few trick to use so no one opposed to it.

Dex-chan lover
So no concern at all that his previous empire fell? They were at a stalemate for how long? And then the sudden loss after their deaths... What was the point of them holding back and not losing to each other? He's lack of concern about it annoys me.
I mean tbf, it has been a thousand years and he has probably lived long enough to learn that somethings just can't be helped or to leave the past in the past.

Dex-chan lover
I mean tbf, it has been a thousand years and he has probably lived long enough to learn that somethings just can't be helped or to leave the past in the past.
It's just that he seemd to like and be fighting patriotically for his country for so long, it seems strange that he is so indifferent to its fall (and to the enemy country he had been fighting against all this time). Even just a single panel to lament on it would have been enough.

Double-page supporter
I mean the fact is that he didn't really care about using her death to attack, he just wanted to go see her, he didn't care if he died, they were rivals and friends and they fought thousands of times.

If only subconsciously they must have definitely cared deeply about each other, and to him I am sure he was happier rejoining her in death than living and being used to perpetuate the war

Dex-chan lover
Idk if it’s cuz I haven’t read much of this but that felt surprisingly fresh.
Satisfying

Dex-chan lover
He doesn't seem to have ever borne animosity to his enemies and his final act was in defiance of orders that may have secured victory for his country. I think a panel of him being shocked to learn that his country is gone and that he's been living a peaceful childhood under his former enemy is sufficient.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure what I should think about this story yet. Nice that they got engaged right away, even if it felt a bit unromantic. It definitely showed their deep connection tho, so that's nice.

But since they seem to be going with a "commoner with no magic joins the magic academy" theme I am afraid it will turn out like it usually does where even tho he is obviously stronger than everyone else and everybody can see that, they will still look down on him all the time. I can already see the scene where one character goes: "he's just in this school because of her" even though it's already quite clear that none of the other students can beat him.

But in this case it does kind of make sense to think it's weird that a guy that can't use magic is going to a magic academy, because sure it somewhat looks like he might have some special magic that makes him so strong that he uses without realizing but that still doesn't do him any good in a school that practices magic that people cast willingly. That being said the theme I mentioned before would still annoy me quite a bit, because I just find those stories exhausting.

Dex-chan lover
Reid totally has magic, doesn't he. Usually the magic measurement device only breaks if you have way too much magic, isn't that how it goes?
Well, according to the corresponding LN scene, which should be next chapter...

Yes, but no. He has magic power, but it's the wrong type. Solid fuel versus liquid fuel, is the simile given. Elria designed modern magic from the ground up over one thousand years ago using "liquid" magical power, and that is the metric by which mages appear to be judged.

It is yet unclear how common Reid's constitution is, though exploding measurement devices seems like an uncommon phenomenon, and Reid implies that he's only able to sit in a magic carriage by not channeling magic power into it which would suggest it's not an issue of overwhelming volume.

Elria is fully capable of designing magic formulae that employs solid fuel, like she did for liquid fuel, but there's the small snag of how it took her over one hundred years of personal testing the first time around, which she predicts is the minimum required time for inventing an entire new magic system whole cloth. And she is no longer an elf with indefinite lifespan but a human, same as Reid.

Users who are viewing this thread