The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Uhhh.. Well, I'm glad they're getting off the start quickly but this just seems really poorly written. I feel like I'm reading bad fanfiction. Will tenuously put it on the follow list but definitely getting bad vibes from this. Why was this on the recommended thing..?

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, a couple made out of 2 people old enough to have great grand children, literally just 2 boomers in disguise

Dex-chan lover
Why didn’t this chapter make any sense? It’s from a good group and a good translator. Is the writing just fundamentally off?

Reid and Elria seem to recognize each other, forget they’ve done that, admit who they are, deny they’re that person, and ask for proof the other is who they think they are multiple times. And I don’t understand what Elria’s plan is; what good is Reid being able to take the magic academy’s entrance exam? What would getting in even accomplish? He can’t use magic. And why is him saying “yeah, okay” to “let’s see who’s stronger” treated as him agreeing in whole to the plan where he marries Elria and takes the exam? I thought she was challenging him to a sparring match, the narration even points out that they’ve always held back before and they’re in a place where it’s already been explicitly noted they wouldn’t have to do that, and then nope, fistbump and they’re engaged.

It‘s so frigging oblique.

Dex-chan lover
Either his magic is auto self-buffs, or the reincarnation magic itself... Hmmm we will never know until the end

Dex-chan lover
Why didn’t this chapter make any sense? It’s from a good group and a good translator. Is the writing just fundamentally off?

Reid and Elria seem to recognize each other, forget they’ve done that, admit who they are, deny they’re that person, and ask for proof the other is who they think they are multiple times. And I don’t understand what Elria’s plan is; what good is Reid being able to take the magic academy’s entrance exam? What would getting in even accomplish? He can’t use magic. And why is him saying “yeah, okay” to “let’s see who’s stronger” treated as him agreeing in whole to the plan where he marries Elria and takes the exam? I thought she was challenging him to a sparring match, the narration even points out that they’ve always held back before and they’re in a place where it’s already been explicitly noted they wouldn’t have to do that, and then nope, fistbump and they’re engaged.

It‘s so frigging oblique.
Uhhh, maybe because the only way for them to prove who is stronger is to stay connected? I mean, one is noble and the other one is commoner. If they have no relationship, there's no way they can fight each other without any repercussions. And if they are not married to each other, they won't be able to meet again because of works, duty, and family. So yeah, proving who's stronger can only be achieved by having relationship... I guess? I'm as clueless as you are.

Dex-chan lover
That little touch of both of them knowing that the other country could end if one of them is defeated is interesting. Neither actually putting their all in once they realized what was goin on.

Dex-chan lover
Uhhh, maybe because the only way for them to prove who is stronger is to stay connected? I mean, one is noble and the other one is commoner. If they have no relationship, there's no way they can fight each other without any repercussions. And if they are not married to each other, they won't be able to meet again because of works, duty, and family. So yeah, proving who's stronger can only be achieved by having relationship... I guess? I'm as clueless as you are.
Initial fight is to be certain, they were fairly sure but then after were completely confident who they were. Elria wants him in the magic academy for... reasons? Possibly not wanting him to be a nobody after being a hero previously. The magic academy could just be a source of prestige and being mostly combat application focused rather than an educational magic facility. They could have also had a Romeo Juliet scenario in their past lives and they both just think, "Oh of course we should get married". Proving who is actually stronger is weird since before they were holding back to make sure they don't kill one another for the sake of countries and now I would think that they would still hold back but for different reasons now.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the mother and village chief responded with "what did you do wrong????"

Fed-Kun's army
"magic academy entrance exam"
sigh... will this devolve into battle school manga?
i just hope they are not falling to the bad cliches

Double-page supporter
this guy can NOT write characters, holy sh*t this is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread