The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Vol. 6 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
So instead of just teaming up with his sister at any point in time heck just sitting down and having a talk, this was his plan?
Fucking LOL.

Supporter
I don't get why he's mad at Anis for abandoning the throne when it makes him heir and be able to change the stuff he doesn't like once he becomes king. Is it just his inferiority complex?
He literally says it's because he wouldn't be able to change anything. Without enough magical power to keep the rest of the nobility in check, if he tried to change anything they'd just orchestrate a coup to restore the status quo.

Dex-chan lover
Anis as a queen would have been able to actually change things when she was on the throne, he basically admits as much when she says she's a genius who isn't constrained by common sense. But she abandoned the chance and essentially pushed that responsibility on Algard, who wants to change things but doesn't have the ability or talent. Kings throughout history didn't really have absolute power (outside of certain circumstances), if they don't keep the nobles around them happy/in line they're not going to be sitting on the throne long.
Algard will probably choose the worst option - kill all nobles.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the Prince's ideas stated motivations, but in the end he doesn't care more about the people than he does his own power. The steps he takes here could be more "justified" if he had tried talking to Anis first and she still refused to support him in changing the country. After all, he could still be king and just have Anis be his supporter and force through reforms. "The monster" doesn't have to rule the country, he just needs a monster supporting him. His reasoning for not wanting to be a puppet are that so he could protect the people from the nobles, but he is still not willing to be a "puppet" to his sister even if it would be for the good of the people, which shows that it is because he personally wants power.
His real motivation if you havent noticed was stop discrimination against his sister, or more like because of his sister he realized the potential of the common people and wants to get rid of the nobility. He could care less about power because it is a means to an end

His original goal was simply to make vampire girl queen and use her to control the nobles

The reason why he doesnt talk to his sister is simple, she doesnt want to get in politics, so no reason to involve her. But when she started to get in his way at every step of the way, he took it as her trying to block his plan. Going out there and explaining your plan to someone blocking you every step of the way is silly. Of course she didnt do it on purpose, but since he thinks she is a genius he thinks all of this was her plan. That is simply how noble society is where everyone keeps their motivations hidden. You think the nobles helping him think his plan is to get rid of nobles?

He also never said not wanting to be a puppet to his sister, he said not wanting to be a pupet to Euphy, the silver haired girl (cause he thinks as a genius mage she will control him who is only average)

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why he's mad at Anis for abandoning the throne when it makes him heir and be able to change the stuff he doesn't like once he becomes king. Is it just his inferiority complex?
Usually those who abandoned their offices are executed. That is justice in the royal court because the leader puts debaucherous lifestyle ( yuri love ) over the duty to govern, just because "LOL I don't wanna". Algard is furious because Divine Justice is not met on his side and on the people. The FMC on the other hand says "I will fight you for the love of yuri!"

No it is not a simple "sis I am jealous of you so I kill your girlfriend". He did think it through as a leader that no lowly pleb can think of.

Dex-chan lover
"I can't let feelings cloud my judgement."
Says the guy who just murdered someone out of jealousy towards his own sister.
I mean, in his rationale, the jealousy he felt towards his sister was secondary or tertiary towards having to find enough power to rule over everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
Also one has to wonder what he wanted then. He was in no way nearly exceptional enough to have people obey him as prince or king, nor did he ever show anything he wanted to do otherwise. Him saying that his sister left the baggage to him only works if he's delusional or if he had something else he wished to do instead of being king.

Else it should be him getting petty because his sister has all the power he never could have, and yet decided to leave him alone when he'd need her most by trying to "help him" or something.

The fact that his pure and benevolent intentions were twisted and broken by the realities of the ruling class, until he felt no other alternative than this so they actually come to fruition is at least something nice and well presented.

Last edited:
Supporter
That was an outstanding chapter, looking forward to the next. Thanks for tha translation

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the Prince's ideas stated motivations, but in the end he doesn't care more about the people than he does his own power. The steps he takes here could be more "justified" if he had tried talking to Anis first and she still refused to support him in changing the country. After all, he could still be king and just have Anis be his supporter and force through reforms. "The monster" doesn't have to rule the country, he just needs a monster supporting him. His reasoning for not wanting to be a puppet are that so he could protect the people from the nobles, but he is still not willing to be a "puppet" to his sister even if it would be for the good of the people, which shows that it is because he personally wants power.
The thing is that Anis never wanted to be in a position of political power. She rejects it because no matter which political position she gets, people/lower nobles will claim that she would be more fitting for the throne. It would mal Al completely obsolet and a scarecrow, which he has shown to clearly detest.

This is a really bad situation for them. He understanding that she doesnt want any of this responsibility and then always reminded and knowing himself that he IS inferior to her. That she WOULD BE the better ruler.
Contrary to him they wont be able to control and cage her as the nobles could cage him. Thats why he is seeking power.
I dont need to say that he goes down the wrong path but his intentions are not wrong per se.
Also it indirectly also shows us how mediocre he is, because he cant come up with a better plan/solution. AND THEN his sister even unintentional destroys everything he wants to achieve. He isnt a 1 dimensional bad guy like most people in the comment section are wanting/expecting/are accostumed and maybe even want it to be.

Honestly, (might get hated for this) I get why that Algard is mad. It makes sense to me at least. From the sounds of it he never wanted to actually rule as a prince. He was forced to rule due to his sister giving up on ruling. Also it didn’t help that he himself is always getting compared to his genius sister. That can really mess anyone up to always been seen as a secondary choice. He is able to see how vile the nobles are and realizes that although he himself isn’t perfect he wants to create a better kingdom. It might be one ruled by fear but nonetheless he sees some type of way for a better world in his opinion. I can’t totally hate the guy.

Dex-chan lover
The artist swaps from serious to normal expression a lot.
I suddenly get why they use chess boards or objects in general as a focus when explaining.

Dex-chan lover
Adobe-chan did a great work on this chapter. I have not spotted a single fake case reference in here. A trully outstanding work.

Dex-chan lover
One of the very many things that I appreciate about Sousou no Frieren is that Frieren prioritizes appropriately when an opponent wants to talk but ought immediately to be destroyed.
But this is a completely different character. Anis isn't the same person as Frieren, so they act in different ways. Anis is fighting her brother, she wouldn't just murder him in cold blood without letting him give an explanation. Why do you think that just because Anis isn't immediately slaughtering her brother that it's "bad writing"? :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
You don't attack during the transformation. That's anime/manga rule #1
Such a pattern is followed so often as almost to seem a rule.

Of course, in real fights, evolutionary dynamics kick-in, and one side does not give another time to fight more terribly, nor to catch their breath or balance.

Fortunately, some manga don't follow absurd patterns in ostensibly serious storytelling.

Dex-chan lover
But this is a completely different character. Anis isn't the same person as Frieren, so they act in different ways. Anis is fighting her brother, she wouldn't just murder him in cold blood without letting him give an explanation. Why do you think that just because Anis isn't immediately slaughtering her brother that it's "bad writing"? :facepalm:
Killing him would not be murder, full stop. Nor did anyone say that he should or shouldn't be killed in cold blood. Indeed, I didn't say that he should be killed. He needed to be immediately attacked and utterly defeated, whether that involved killing or not.

The writing is bad in part because it is like children's pantomime, following stale, unrealistic tropes. And the trope is unrealistic because, in a world of such powers, people who acted as she did would far more often be defeated, and people who might otherwise act as she did would observe those defeats and learn from them.

The writing is bad also because, while the world is filled with stupid people who make stupid choices, these are not heroes. Bad writing substitutes fools for heroes because writing about fools is easier and because the writers don't want even fictional characters to set standards that those writers cannot reach.

By the way, scare quotes are cheap rhetoric; don't use them.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why people here keep asking "why he didn't just talk to his sister?", seriously? Why would he talk to her, whatever has she done recently other than screw up his plans as he's trying to gather very needed power base, why would he think she is on his side, why would he think any of his family be on his side? His family has given all the indications they want to remove him from the succession if he doesn't play his role the way they want him to, and he certainly wants do things radically different. As far Al knows his whole family is against him, and the power of Vampirism and mind control are indispensable for him rule the way he wants, he was kind of driven to a corner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread