The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
It's good that brother cut the ties. I too wouldn't want to return to a hell that would be called "home" that only devils attend to.

Works at a coal mine, an honest work, but dangerous at the same time.

For those who wants more - italian chapters are up to 40-something.

Next chapter is last, Paladin-boy will do the same holy magic shit and no reaction. So Sperado fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
Just a few more chapters, and we get to see this prick squirm like the wretch he is.

Here Uncle was still alive!! Oh at least Leslie still has blood family that will look out for her 😭

If the real truth came out, I wonder if the Marquess would get out of this trial with his head attached? 🤔

Oh, this will be such juiciness! Bah!

Waiting on this story is quite painful indeed!

Dex-chan lover
I knew the brother was going to be used as a witness. I think duchess has another ace up her sleeve which I’m not sure of. But I also think Konrad will now step in as a surprise witness next and say “I saw her at the temple beat up and not looking like a noble before she became a Salvatore.” Or maybe attest to her character. Konrad’s influence is enough to cause a huge dent in this trial.

I would think the divine magic hurting her is because of her dark magic affinity but maybe not? We’ll see

Dex-chan lover
@jimmyclear His fingers aren't black rotten. So it's safe to bet coal mining in this world is way safer than even first world standards in the real world.

Dex-chan lover
Leslie has an uncle!? She has blood relatives that actually care about her!?

So sweet. I hope they catch up at some point.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's been a while since I read the earlier chapters but weren't the family known for the whole shadow magic thing? Or was that on the down low? Kinda feel like she should just be all "yeah, so I can do this. kinda freaky how all my ancestors's souls are all restless and shit isn't it?"

Group Leader
@sirflimflam They were known for their "Darkness Magic", but not the source of it, which was kept hidden by the Sperado family.

This is my opinion but
based on the flow Leslie will be forced to reveal her powers, which will be declared a type of Necromancy based on the ritual used to take it from the silver hair kids, and the reaction it gives when exposed to Divine magic. This will probably be an automatic death sentence for Lord Sperado as Necromancy is mostly forbidden in most stories, and the wife and oldest daughter will be sent to a Nun convent.

Dex-chan lover
So, who wants to bet that the "high priest" put a curse or hex on poor little Leslie?

THIS TRIAL IS MAKING ME NERVOUS I mean I’m sure Leslie’s first family is gonna lose but I’m still anxious af LOL

Users who are viewing this thread