The White Cat's Revenge as Plotted from the Dragon King's Lap - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
God i wanted her to slap her as hard as she can but seeing her being touched a little bit through the cloths was bad enough for her charm

Aggregator gang
MAn, the only way to react to getting dismissed like that is a open hand slap. holly moly, just thinking of the creepy truemanshow life the Mc has had to deal with. That girl is fukin demonic while her

Imagine everyone you've ever met in your life loving you so much and treating you so well that the concept of betrayal and deception is foreign to you. But this is the age of social media and globalism, you can read/watch people being shitty all day every day and never run out of material. Even if you've never been hurt by someone, you should at least know that humans are capable of it. She has no excuse, and I'm kind of mad that the author is treating such a ridiculous reaction serously. Everything involving Ashai should be extremely comedic to balance out how unrealistic her character is. I guess even condensing it into a comic can't fix the wn's glaring flaws.

Dex-chan lover
this bitch head is full of flower
bitch how did you even granduated from school how clueless you are
and some legend said once :
if you are foolish, you will be seized.
if you are kind, you will be used.
Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru
s1.png

Aggregator gang
.... what.
That level of airheadness is well beyond 9000,

But on the other hand I think she is just a really naive nice girl... that charm magic need to be dispelled once and for all for her own good.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kazedoom
I have had friends and family on both sides of this
a few that would over dramatize everything to the point its unreal, and also had friends who need their face shoved in it to understand something bad is happening.

I cut off the drama ones, both friends and family, because they tend to drag you into it, and the ones that have to have it shoved in their face... there's no fixing that, you just get to hope for the best.

Can someone spoil me whether Asahi will somehow become normal and be Ruri's actual friend or not? If so, to be honest I'm not very keen with the idea.
I saw a hidden tag called "Childhood Friends Reunited" in Baka-Updates, which I'm worried referring to the fact that they'll somehow become actual friends.

edit (ending spoiler):
Hmm, never mind. Found a review in NU with some spoilers about it. So apparently Asahi was imprisoned. Then she was allowed to escape by a delusional girl with blonde hair, who deluded herself that she was to be the Dragon King's bride (due to the whole fiasco about trying to find the blonde girl that the Dragon King fell in love with). Then Asahi met some soldiers, who apparently wanted to get revenge on her, and pushed her to the war. And uh, not sure if she was harmed there, but she was then apparently saved by Ruri. Although she ended up banishing her to a faraway land after Ruri confessed that she was a nuisance.

And then uh, there's of course the delusional blonde girl thing.

Then Ruri of course married Jade. But then she was told that she was not to leave the castle and meet other males cause male dragons are hella possessive. So it was good enough that she was there to accompany Jade and bear his children, and Ruri seemed fine with it (she had a job, but she was fine with quitting). So yeah then I guess a happy ending it is.

Well then.

Oh yeah, do take those with a grain of salt. That's just a rough summary of someone else's spoiler testimony. Either way I'll be dropping this early.

@Solipsist
That's a tad too convoluted, don't ye think? Before long we'll also be lead to believe that both of them are actually the reincarnation of two mighty spirits that stood on opposite grounds within the wells of karma.
I think it's much more feasible to assume, that because the girl was never wronged or harmed, she simply doesn't have the concept that people are capable of malicious intent. From her perspective, surely, humans are only capable of being nice to each other. So she fits whatever she's hearing from the MC into that narrative.

In a world where magic exist, there are fairies, Ruri turns into a cat on a daily bases and Asahi has charm magic..... why would that be "too convoluted". Others have suggested that Asahi is accidentally using charm magic on herself, which is basically the same thing as me saying "she has some sort of spell that is altering her perception of reality".

Also, there is a difference between being naive and literally not hearing the words that someone is telling you. Seriously, in the example given she was telling Asahi she was being bullied, pushed down stairs even and her watch got broken. Asahi acted like she didn't hear any of that and just made up an excuse as to how the watch got damaged. Then she tells Asahi that she was framed, tied up and left in the woods and Asahi STILL does not comprehend what is being said to her. (I mean, at this point the only other option is Asahi is just pretending to be naive, which I DON'T think is the case.)

Dex-chan lover
@PetiteTacos
Yes. Convoluted. When you go from one premise, and you spaghetti your way into a much more different premise. Like going from being a regular guy, to being the president of the U.S.
Those two elements exist. But you cannot make such a sharp transition. It's also needlessly grandiose and over the top, which right now makes it hard to believe would ever be necessary, considering the "feel" of the story. This isn't Xianxia, immortal-cultivation in which your MC is expected to transform into a moon.

And regarding your opinion about the charm-girl...Same thing I already wrote beforehand.
If magic actually existed in our world, and you'll show them a fireball, they'll think it's a trick and call bullshit. When your sense of reality is so deeply rooted, you'll build a narrative around everything.

Aggregator gang
@BobbyWibowo Wow, how can they fuck it up that badly. If that's really how this is going to go down then I am going to end up dropping it as well. The Story would be far better if
Asahi actually grows as a character, learns her lesson and decides to work with the MC (using her charm magic) to rally up support (along with the backing of Jade and the dragon kingdom) to overthrow the king and fix the corrupt kingdom then they can worry about romance bullsh*t with Jade later after the climax.

Making the MC a cherished one was a mistake, they wrote themselves into a corner with that because now they have to work around this glaring issue and the only solution is to forcibly make the MC hold the "idiot ball" because the plot demands it otherwise there wouldn't be a story.

I am so sad that this is over, because this is so good 🤣
Please, continue updating, and I am loving it <3

Users who are viewing this thread