Yajin Tensei: Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 37 - Clockwise Devil

Dex-chan lover
I think he simply took advantage of their lack of knowledge on martial arts.

The jab is the fastest attack a human can do, yet because it lacks power people in this arena though that what he was doing was fighting like a child, while he on the otherhand was targeting the right eye (especially when he was lucky enough to end up against a right handed fighter).

If he used all of his energy while still inside the enemies lair, he could easily be overwhelmed that guy underlings, instead by beating him up with "weak" punches, they now fear him
More like he took advantage of their lack of knowledge of boxing.

Dex-chan lover
The face he made makes me want to go hit a bench pr. Adding that to the motivation folder.

Double-page supporter
Because of existing power structures. Unfortunately he's in the business of violence, even if it's supposed to be mostly against beasts/monsters. But in practice the same people who are great at fighting monsters, would also be great at fighting other people. Since they are good at it, violence ultimately is their way of solving difficult problems, including who's the boss.

If he wanted another kind of environment, he should either get employed by a noble, who holds unquestionable authority and thus the ranks remain straight. Or he could chance upon a remote village in a desperate need of a protector. He would automatically become the guard captain and would only need to face external threats.
Ohhh, I like the idea of him being able to sit down for a minute guarding the village. He kills some beast, they have a feast. Then some asshat that was oppressing the village every so often shows up and is put off when they can't oppress them and it becomes a thing but that would at least give a couple chapters for mans to catch a break and be appreciated

Dex-chan lover
Throwing jabs at the guy's right eye until it is swollen shut, then exploiting that loss of vision: perfectly sensible
Ending up on the guy's left side: :question:
Did he just move ~too fast to be followed~ in full view of the good eye knowing the guy would assume he went off to the right or actually do something like run around him?
He didn't end up on his left tho? After Paul loses sight of him, he readjusts to the right, but by the time he gets Yajin in view again, Yajin has already thrown his finisher.

Double Page, Offset Double Spread pg. 20-21, 22-23 might be the best way to view it

Can see on the bottom panels of page 21, Paul tries to move his head/body so he can see with his left eye, but it's already too late.

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh, I like the idea of him being able to sit down for a minute guarding the village. He kills some beast, they have a feast. Then some asshat that was oppressing the village every so often shows up and is put off when they can't oppress them and it becomes a thing but that would at least give a couple chapters for mans to catch a break and be appreciated
I don't expect it to happen. This story seems pretty focused on giving Yajin a hard life in an utterly ruthless world. If he's to find his own place in it, I'd expect it to be a rather arduous road. Finding a nice village that welcomes him would be too much like the usual, numerous slow life isekai series. Although, like you said, it could happen if he was doomed to lose the place quickly enough. However, even so I don't really foresee a warm welcome anywhere, even just for a little while. Instead I could imagine him eventually getting so strong that few would anymore seek trouble with him, allowing him to find some peace.

Dex-chan lover
I don't expect it to happen. This story seems pretty focused on giving Yajin a hard life in an utterly ruthless world. If he's to find his own place in it, I'd expect it to be a rather arduous road. Finding a nice village that welcomes him would be too much like the usual, numerous slow life isekai series. Although, like you said, it could happen if he was doomed to lose the place quickly enough. However, even so I don't really foresee a warm welcome anywhere, even just for a little while. Instead I could imagine him eventually getting so strong that few would anymore seek trouble with him, allowing him to find some peace.
No it could work as a ~6-8ch arc.
He comes in to kill off a big monster threat and then sticks around to handle the smaller ones. All of this is done away from the eyes of the villagers. Then a human threat shows up that they normally bow to. MC-kun beats them off. Comes back with a large group and MC-kun kills them all (only way to survive/win). However, the level of violence is too much for the villagers. Fearful of him they ask him to leave.

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of the theme of the manga now, isn't it? MC is the perpetual pariah and it sucks that they cast stones at him everywhere he goes. But living alone in the wild is quite inhumane as well. Solitude is a bitch.

Will Yajin ever find a place where he belongs? That's what the manga seems to be asking. I don't expect this question to be answered positively soon.
Karate and his monster attribute already spelled out his life as a fight club member FOR LIFE.
"Evolved Goblin, heh" and hairless too: "M stands for MALE PATTERN BALDNESS", HAHAHA!

Throwing jabs at the guy's right eye until it is swollen shut, then exploiting that loss of vision: perfectly sensible
Ending up on the guy's left side: :question:
Did he just move ~too fast to be followed~ in full view of the good eye knowing the guy would assume he went off to the right or actually do something like run around him?
I assume it was in the lines of a boxing weave, weaved left, came back right using the guy's reflex to get him in his vision, and weaved back and decked him

Dex-chan lover
No it could work as a ~6-8ch arc.
He comes in to kill off a big monster threat and then sticks around to handle the smaller ones. All of this is done away from the eyes of the villagers. Then a human threat shows up that they normally bow to. MC-kun beats them off. Comes back with a large group and MC-kun kills them all (only way to survive/win). However, the level of violence is too much for the villagers. Fearful of him they ask him to leave.
"You've done it! It's... wonderful. Amazing! I'm so proud of what you've accomplished, what you've endured. There's no way the people of the village can ever thank you enough for what you've done. You've saved all our lives. Who knows, maybe even saved the whole country. [The village elder sighs.] That makes the rest of this even harder. Everyone will want to talk to you. Every youngster will look up to you, and want to emulate you. And then what? They'll want to leave. What happens to the village if we lose the best of a generation? What if we are the only safe place in the world? You just gave us back all these lives... I can't take the chance of losing them. I've made a lot of tough decisions since I took this position. But none of them harder than this one. You saved us, but you'll kill us. I'm sorry. You're a hero... and you have to leave."
[Very lazily ripped from Fallout 1]

Dex-chan lover
i doubt they will let that go, they'll probably do the same thing those past pursuers did to yajin ganging up on him but will eventually be picked off one by one.

Users who are viewing this thread