Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - 1:359

Dex-chan lover
@Vini If you have money, connection, and power to back you up, the word "I'll sue you!!" really frightening to the one who hear it. Especially, the one who got sued is a high school boy. His future will go spirally downhill just because he got a criminal record by false accusation.

@Your-Waifu-Sucks: It'd only leave physical evidence if it actually occurred. The "you bumped into me and injured my shoulder" thing only works due to pressure. It seems more like the store owner was a friend or accomplice of the rapist, and not being pressured into helping the guy due to his wealth or power. Even so, the testimony of the girl he was with would bury him.

The author needs to stop right there and focus on the main girl. Girl of the week is getting boring.

Fed-Kun's army
Did the mc do a dogeza to a rapist ? Also even if the creep was to get off, the mentioned of him attempting to rape her would end his entire sociel life and even his carrier, unless we're going down persona 5 route and even then that guy had way more power than this slub, it worked out but man the MC lost even MORE of mine respect.

Dex-chan lover
Not bad, author handled the way he actually found her pretty well, i.e by not being a creepy stalker himself, but backed up by his own harem.

Double-page supporter
Ngl the idea of this being a story about how a guy gets a harem of 359 girls almost made me drop this. I’ll see how it goes from here still but I’d rather have the story focus on the main girls (aka delinquent and blackmailer) since they offered an interesting dynamic as a triangle

Thanks for translating this nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
@kowoyoshi Definitely a dumb coward for the most part, but technically, he only assumed bad shit was going down. Otome hadn't even said she was in trouble yet. There was enough circumstantial evidence to say "Get out, this is shady as fuck", since closing the store was suspicious and Otome probably looked shook. Not sure what the courts are like in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector They are shit, that's why the ace attorney series exist, to parody them but he's still dumb because any prosecutor would rather have a rapist sent to jail on their record rather than giving a slap on the wrist to a kid.

Also i'd love it if he legit got 359 girlfriends, that would be wild as fuck.

fear not bro! I am pretty sure that you will still be a virgin even after 100 chapters! (if this manga will live that long)

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector Even if he didn't know he was a rapist, he was still dating an under aged girl. He'd still be brought up on some pretty heavy charges, and then you have all the evidence that something was going on when he busted in and sure enough he had the upper hand. That's not even taking into consideration the fact that, how was he going to sue the MC? "Yeah, this kid broke into a store that was closed where me another guy and an under aged girl were sitting around doing absolutely nothing suspicious and then he attacked me!"

Also what about the girl? Did he think "there's no way she's going to rat me out for attempting to rape her!"?

Japan's legal systems aren't the best, but they're not mentally challenged enough to take that claim. Author just made the MC a dopey coward.

Fed-Kun's army
@icarushector the guy being a adult with a minor in that situation would end up on the whole, societal in japan is everything, it's also why they have things like hikki problem and high suicide rate, as your social status effects how people treat you over there, so yeah, he wouldn't dare try to actually sue him, unless he was suicidal.

On the legal system, I know when someone is a suspect in a crime, the japanese police are harsh, so harsh infact they go hours and hours of integration till you admit to it, even if you were innocent, they go for high conviction rates over there, from what I gather.

Dex-chan lover
@BalrogDeMorgoth@Hitspark I come from a country where an underage victim of sex trafficking was sentenced to life in prison for shooting her rapist(during that assault), so forgive me if I seem a bit uncertain of the effectiveness of taking legal action. Not that I don't think there is evidence (especially since they were coordinating through an app), I just feel he could walk with a slap on the wrist because I'm jaded.

Plus it would be on Otome's record too. Not sure what she actually wants to do with her life, but in a culture where not long ago a major university got busted for taking points off female applicants tests just for being female, I imagine this would be a big hit to her prospects if it went on record.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector So here's the thing I'm not sure what country you're from but japan's social structure is heavily based on reputation. Even the accusation of doing wrong is enough to ruin you. So even if he got a "Slap on the wrist" legally, which I don't think is likely for everything you have and the circumstance here, he'd lose everything. Companies would cut contact with him, the media would report him as a monster, no one would want to hire him, etc.

If you've ever noticed in japanese media there's always this trope of "a rumor" or something being treated like a huge threat, even when it seems small and insignificant, and that's because in Japan it is a massive threat. So there's no two ways about this, he's screwed if it gets out.

This isn't even mentioning that Japan doesn't take messing with minors lightly. At all. https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...ying-under-age-girl-in-jk-dating-service.html

Why do people come into this manga not expecting a harem situation? If the description talked about the MC & the yankee then I'd understand, but come on. Use your head.

Bruh and now we got a unecessary harem💀. I like how mc wasn't a wimp and full on pushed past the big black guy and punched the other guy away. Sadly they had to ruin the mc and make him do a full 180 by begging on the ground straight after the dude threatened him, even though the same guy just tryed to rape and date a underage girl💀. This mc isn't really that bright tbh and easily gets pushed around by others just like we've seen so far.

Supporter
@frash_18 It is the time honored tradition to have the MC be emasculated in order to justify his harem as pure and friendly by the author. Unfortunately it also creates an unrealistic depiction of harems and leans more towards the authors fetish fantasies of being a sub who is surrounded by hot bad girls who can dominate him.

Dex-chan lover
We don't need 359 girlfriends! We just need that one delinquent girl!

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector Oh hey, I'm from America too! But yeah, social standing is huge in Japan. It can make or break you, so for her to blackmail him with something like that is massive. He'd never be able to go anywhere or do anything, his life would essentially be ruined. In America we have the mindset of "Innocent until proven guilty" but Japan has the reverse. You're guilty until you can prove you didn't do it, socially and many times legally.

So yeah, it adds more color as to why so many MCs are scared of rumors and threats, why so many "Betrayal" manga never even provide proof for the thing they accuse the MC of, those kinds of accusations hold a ton of weight in Japan so it's just something they naturally understand. Which makes this case of the MC just dropping to his knees even more curious because HE'S GOT EVERYTHING ON HIS SIDE.

Users who are viewing this thread