Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 5 Ch. 106 - That girl’s damn wild -- Epilogue

Even though Mingzhe was an asshole, I still feel that he shouldn’t have to be treated this way... I also don’t feel that it was mainly his fault that Lüxia died... Xiaozhen had a bigger part to play in the death of Lüxia at the beginning of the story so she should have deserved that kind of treatment... Her attitude towards Lüxia from the very beginning did not change for the better, instead it worsened...

But then again, the title of this manhua is Cheating Men Must Die so the men must die😔😞

Dex-chan lover
@Evelyn2004 He was the emotional push that sent her to her death via suicide. You may be underselling his role and the karmic qualities of his fate. *His words made her kill herself.*

But this is the odd trend in this arc. Too many people feeling sorry for someone who chased a shadow instead of understanding the person the original Su Luxia really was. Here's a reminder: He was an asshole who told a girl to kill herself so he wouldn't be inconvenienced. Our Su Luxia realised he's nothing like Vampire Hunter dude or Young Pup Actor dude, he was an opportunistic douche who treated our Luxia well because it was interesting to him. Why feel sorry for him to the extent that this is "too harsh/much/wrong"? He's still alive mind you...

@kenx
Oh, yeah, it was definitely way more in your face in old shoujo manga. I tried reading a couple after hearing that they were classics and just.....big oof.....
And yeah, I've read a few chapters Moral Reversal. It really brings into perspective just how normalized a lot of the stuff is.

@Cynic

First of all, the cheating bastard in the vampire arc wasn’t a vampire hunter but was a vampire. And second of all, both of them have a more different purpose for “approaching” Lüxia than Mingzhe. The vampire and the pup actor are more useless and they rely of Lüxia for power/fame, similar to Liang Qun. However, Mingzhe was just a stranger in Lüxia’s life and doesn’t want to get involved in the first place.

If you said that his words pushed him, does that mean if I threatened to commit suicide after someone rejected me, and he says go ahead, I will still jump??? NOO

The main reason that made her commit suicide was because she felt alone. Xiaozhen bullied her very often and she was from a very poor family. The addition of Mingzhe’s rejection to her and her somewhat mean words(it’s his natural attitude) are a few of the push factors but I would not say it’s the main factor that resulted in her death.

I still feel that the long term bullying has made her desperate and is willing to disregard anything to gain help but she was unfortunate not to gain the help of others due to her status...

People in here still really defending Mingzhe. Guess it really is true that people will forgive anything so long as you are good looking and act sad.

Dex-chan lover
@TheAmazingNil Very short memories.

They can feel sympathy because the new Su Luxia made him different. Underneath he would've been the same self-centred rich prick who wouldn't have cared if it was the original Su.

But pretty faces get all the forgiveness...

I’m surprised this dude is getting a pass from a lot of people just because he’s “devoted” to Luxia. He’s the type to literally treat the waiter like trash, yell at the grocery store cashier and sneer at janitors.

Luxia perfectly explained why he deserves no sympathy...yet people still feel bad for this piece of trash ??? That is obsession he has sweetie, not love. The original girl died in so much pain for him.... he should get those pains back in 10 folds. He got off quite easy if you ask me lol

I feel like his fate should have been a little worse, but I'm at least satisfied that he didn't get a happy ending, like the original Su Luxia didn't get to have a happy ending either. Hope she's in a better place. v.v

I'm a little disrespectful towards this'novel bully su luxia', I think she's wrong for her own death. Sorry I was never depressed because of love so I don't understand 🙏(and hope I never). At the point she called the male lead before committing suicide, it was wrong. Like relying on the male lead's words to determine her own life, this pisses me off, it's an obsession that is wrong. This is not a 100% male lead error, well ... but I like the male lead ending (my bad), unfortunately not described the female lead ending, even though I know she is imprisoned.
There is one sentence that I like, 'just because its love, previous offenses can thus be cleansed?',
I love this story, but this series ranks last in my favorite. My favorite:
1. Vampire su luxia
2. Su luxia that be a rich bussineswoman
3. Su luxia that be empress dowager
4. Artist su luxia
5. School girl su luxia that bully

Ahh shadow madness, many thanks yet again. 💗
I hope this series sticks around for a long long time❣

To be honest he indeed is a scum and I think Luxia became a little too overboard but when sge mentioned her reasoning on why he is a trash for abandoning his family and responsibilities, I for one agree that he is indeed shallow as a character or as a person willing to die for love.

I really love Su Luxia although she comes from novels to novels she does not lose her rationality and become one of them.

I already read the raws up to the recent ones this new arc is quite good too.

Hope we can see a back story of the Host Su Luxia next time.

Dex-chan lover
While I think Lüxia was a bit much this time, well, the dude was not nice either. He only got attached to transmigrated Lüxia because of the typical shoujo manga trope where the high and mighty male lead goes: "oh you dare to talk smack back at this great me? I'm suddenly interested in you now"

If you guys go back to the first chapter, Mingzhe didn't just reject the original Lüxia but also mocked her. When he saw Xiaozhen bully Lüxia, he purposely ignored it and said something like "I don't care about insignificant person like that". And then when she calls him he said "You think I like you? Just go ahead and die, don't need to put a show". That's what agent Lüxia meant when she said it would be different if he rejects her properly. If he doesn't like real-Lüxia, he shoukd've made it clear to her, not mock her.

And its just decency as a human being that if someone is about to commit suicide, you should call for help or stop them. Not tell them to just die.

My issue with how Lüxia did things here is in this case the erasure of her existence is so confusing. Like, nobody remembers that she existed at all, but did she also erase all memeories of everythong that transpired? Min's sister was saved by someone, so if Lüxia doesn't exist, then who did that? Also as I said in last chapter's comments, what about Lüxia's parents? Did her parents also cease to exist too? Did they forget they ever had a daughter? Are they still just obliviously travelling around the world without remembering where the money came from?

She calls him bad for ditching his family for the sake of some infatuation, but if she just left the Su parents hanging about their daughter's fate, then it's shitty too?????

I don't buy that the Male Lead for this chapter deserved such an ending. There were multiple points of pressure for the original Lu Xia to commit suicide, even if one of them was the ML's rejecting her and indifference towards her being bullied, it's completely unfair to fully blame him for her suicide. The multiple points of pressure are as such:
- Pu Xiao Zhen and her lackies beating her up and bullying her.
- The ML's rejection and indifference towards her.
- The school had nasty rumors about her and her family being talked about to her face.
- The indifference and lack of sympathy from anyone in the school in regards to her situation, including the teachers.
- She wasn't able to give up on the school because her parents worked hard to send her there.
Her suicide was completely based on her environment and cannot be completely attributed to the ML's rejection and indifference.
It's also worth noting that the original Lu Xia had a crush on him and confessed but she was rejected, the ML has no prior relationship with her, he wasn't required to be kind or caring towards her, they were essentially strangers. It was also never indicated that the ML was an upstanding and righteous person. He had absolutely no reason to be empathetic towards her.
Also the silliest part of this story for me was when Lu Xia called him before jumping, why seek comfort with someone has no history of being kind towards you? And it sets an awful precedent, if he did have a change of heart and gave her the comfort that she needed would she have tried to hang onto his affections by threatening suicide? Thereby quilting him into a relationship? We'll never know but that is another point to consider.
Even though his last words to her were callous and irresponsible, she made the decision to end her life no one did it for her.
But Su Lu Xia broke him as a person and forced him into a situation where he needed drugs to cope, she single handedly ruined his life.
What Su Lu Xia did was drive him to the brink of insanity chasing after a girl who everyone told him didn't exist. She put him in a position where the only way he feels sane is by overdosing on pills just to "see" her. Su Lu Xia as a single person did that to him, nobody else contributed to his descent into insanity.

Lu Xia ended her life due to the loneliness and helplessness she felt. He's killing himself trying to hang onto his sanity. It's not a fair arc to either sides, neither was it a satisfying one.

It was the harshest punishment out of all the cheating arcs and it was completely unnecessary because it's not a sin to reject someone and be cold to them.

@NikaCMMD

Imagine being so desperate to defend a guy that told a girl to kill herself that you start victim blaming. Dumbass literally did everything to himself, Su did nothing to directly harm him and he threw his own life away with no actual input from her. He was a punk who treated everyone around him as playthings and people are scrambling to make excuses for him because he made a sad face in the last chapter.

Dumbasses gotta stan for literal human garbage I guess

Users who are viewing this thread