Karate Baka Isekai - Ch. 5 - Karate vs Heavily Armored Knight (2)

Yes but no.
The first part wit hthe chandelier was good, the rest was stupid.

Dex-chan lover
@proulout tbh beating him by punching the head would have been more possible he might have dent the face shield enough to crush the dude’s nose and and maybe break his neck with enough force.

But then again we already saw him damage an inch of steel with the knight’s shield so putting a whole on the armor isn’t impossible for him if the knight though isn’t dead that’s just BS.

Supporter
This BAMF just parried a sword with the back of his forearm, and then punched so god damn hard, the kinetic energy of his fists blew out the back of the fucking armor. The man inside of the armor better be turned into paste after this.

I almost had some respect for this manga but then the knight got a whole fist shoved through his torso and I remembered I was reading an isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I could buy that he hit a spot in the armor enough times to eventually break through or something, but to have a fight all about how you can't beat the guy with conventional methods because he's just so strong end up being resolved with a chest punch that explodes the guy's back armor just makes the rest of the fight feel completely pointless.

He just have just removed the knight's helmet and punched him in the face. I don't know if karate has holds, but he could also have beaten him with a ground submission like in jiu jitsu, or by breaking his bones, etc.

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of the time Luke Cage got through Doctor Doom’s armor by simply punching the same spot over and over.
Also, couldn’t he just aim for the joints? That’s what Oberyn did before he got too full of himself.

Dex-chan lover
Guy cuts a pretty damn thick metal chain with his bare hand
>yeah that's reasonable
Same guy punches through the rather thin sheet of metal that armor consists of
>WHOA WHAT IS THIS ISEKAI THRASH

Good job, fellow commenters.

Dex-chan lover
cant wait for chapter 50 where he utilizies his final karate move: shoot them in the face

Motherfucker you were so close.
SO CLOSE.
And then we fell back on Just Punch Harder.

Dex-chan lover
Did I really study Karate for 3 years? I should have stayed instead of focusing on school.

@GoblinGuy there's reasonable and there's retardeness. Heres the " Hey i sucked for 1 chapter, then one shot with magic karate a guy in full plated and make a gaping hole in a it" is plain retarded. Same kind of move but focused on the head with loss of consciouness would have been reasonable for winning without making a fuss. But hey, it's an isekai, the bar is already rock bottom, not gonna get my hopes up for it to be a decent serie.

I won't be surprised if he started to throw hadoken or shoryuken at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread