Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 23 - An Indelible Wound

Idk I think the male lead has a backstory to this. Something must have happened to his mother for this to happen. If nothing happened and he really is just a nutty psycho then I hope he suffers. But for real we still need justice for uriel. :/

Yup, I just can't understand how people able to stan on the second prince but hate Uriel.
He had a sad backstory and everyone think he a sad kicked puppy when uriel also been traumatized by him.
The fucking prince just robbed his livelihood and dreams to become a knight. And he doesn't even want to be a duke into the first place, and now everyone blame him when lamia back off the duke title to give to her brother.
I really hope that author won't made the siblings against each other for the sake of that sicko prince's redemption. That would be a lame ass lazy writing.

I swear, if the author pulls a mindless redemption arc on this one I riot. Crippling and breaking someone's will like that because you have/had a bad life deserves more than just a slap on the wrist followed by a "you are forgiven and viewed as a good person now". A tragic past doesn't make people free of punishment for their wrongdoings.

Fed-Kun's army
I hate Uriel's idealistic views. People like him always make matters worse while claiming to be all noble and justice driven. Also, he never truly wanted to become the 2nd prince's friend or understand him. He just wanted to gain favours for his house. I just don't feel bad for him at all.

However, the 2nd prince is batshit crazy at this point. I know we'll probably get some super sob story that'll make our hearts waver because of his story with Lamia but why is he obsessed with making Uriel see his way? Is this one of those "you're such a goody two shoes that I want to make you realise how shitty reality is" ?
He doesn't seem like the kind to do that though. His whole personality is that he does what he wants and doesn't care to justify it.

I'm used to stories with a seemingly unhinged ML (the one that I can think of right now is : This is an obvious fraud marriage) but then there's a deeper meaning for it but this guy is just ....weird and I feel no attachment to his character which is unlike those other webtoons.

Dex-chan lover
If Aquila and Lamia end up together, I'm dropping this. What a scum bag. I'm fine with him getting a redemption arc if it's really effin' good, but it can stop at "I guess I can see you as a human being now," rather than becoming a love interest.

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93 He probably hates people like Uriel because there was no one beside him or his mother that thought that way to defend them, so believes nobody thinks that way and it's all a facade. That's also why he'd say "Finally, you're making that expression"

I prefer it that Aquila doesn't get redeemed. I love it that he's not "misunderstood with a heart of gold." This is refreshing. So many stories always start with the ML having a bad reputation, but those rumors never have any weight. This not only verifies the rumors, it went HARD. If he gets redeemed, I hope he retains some of this brutality.

At first I thought that Aquila was doing this whole stunt as some twisted form of concern for Uriel, kind of teaching him a lesson in how you'll just suffer if you give everyone the benefit of doubt, because I thought he was the kind of guy to just not care about people in general? I mean, I think it was stated that he's done that kind of thing before. With this he was really extra in making a whole performance of "humans are disgusting" thing. Like, why go through the effort when he could've just dropped Uriel? Did he genuinely want to make him suffer? Or was he just lashing out because he had his own distorted expectations of those with whom he's "friendly"?

But yeah, Aquila's goddamn craaaaaaaazy and this series is great
Thanks for the chapter!

Dang this story got me on edge. I'm still rooting for the prince though since I think we're not going to get his side of the story till much later. Like even if in this moment he truly meant to harm Uriel, I still think he's a time traveler who reconciled with Uriel in his original timeline. Uriel and Lamia in that timeline got through to him and helped change his cruel ways. Which is why he's currently dedicating himself to protect both Uriel and Lamia. Thats the reason he had such a light hearted friendly greeting when they all meet again at Orphe castle. (The prince was so uncharacteristicly nice that Uriel thought the prince was an imposter.)

Aggregator gang
At this point i just don't understand our ML anymore :/ if it's true he repeated the times, then he should have the mental capability to not get that angry when someone mentioned his mother,,, i just lost here ://

Uriel was only punished because he wanted to believe in the good things in people. This is his view of life, if Akuilla does not share it, it does not mean that he need to prove his point of view through pain.
Uri didnt want title, just belived in Prince's innocence.
Sorry for my poor English.

I won't justify the ml actions on this lasts chapter but if uriel knew that the nobles were going around his back and wanted to see the good of the ml, he could just go after to know who the hell was this woman called "witch" by every freaking person. Yes, he's messup but on the actual timeline he is worried about the mc and doesn't want to lose her again. I mean come on people, is it that hardto sit down and talk during tea time? damnnnnn

Users who are viewing this thread