Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 355 - I'll Follow You

Aggregator gang
So when are we gonna see the babysitter Iruma shown in the first chapter of the arc?
probably not many chapters from now, I guess that will be Iruma teaching the many-ears children as a way to build up other skills unrelated to their exceptional hearing, and this is part of the set up. Probably was shown to us as a way to put a funny flashforward and catch our attention wondering how each chapter leads to that.

Dex-chan lover
I like that Iruma instinctively understood that the many-ears weren't loyal to them. They were afraid.
Yeah, the difference between serving in loyalty and fear is thin but exist. In loyality, you serve your master because you want to with no pressure, the opposite of serving under fear.

Also, servant with loyalty can be VERY scary with their devotion.

Dex-chan lover
I think I see where Asmodeus might fit in this uphill battle, he has a lot of knowledge and experience with defying the main aspects of his bloodline into developing something new. It's very likely that Asmodeus may end up having a heart to heart with Nova and/or his friends about why he rejects it in favor of his affinity for fire magic. I also suspect that, until that moment, he's going to find himself struggling to feel useful because of his biases.

Dex-chan lover
despite being his self-proclaimed right hand, asmodeus still seems to think iruma would rule the way demons always have, when irumas always gone against the status quo
That's definitely going to be one of the defining elements of this arc. I imagine we might get some more nuggets about why Asodeus rejects his bloodline ability since having to teach others that are similarly defying the "main" traits of their bloodline to forge a new path might force him to confront the reasons he has done the same.

Dex-chan lover
so iruma already passed step one of the test that was given to him with misinformation in order to fail him. everything else from here on is just going to be nova and probably a few others getting taught magic and what not. obviously i expect some minor physical disturbance but it will be a small scale disturbance that will get handled either in 1 chapter or in a montage.
I don't think it's misinformation made to fail him, Mephisto seems too many high hopes for Iruma to actually be aiming for that, this whole test is a judge of Iruma's character to see if he can do something that establishes how he can benefit the Demon world. It's also interesting to note that there is some contradictions in the information he gave, Iruma is supposed to help establish a country meant for helping the May-Eared race's survival, but then why do they need a country and not just a protected area? He wants the Many-Eared people to be self-governed, but he also wants Iruma to be their king. Mephisto dropped many hints at the true nature of the test, but what's most important is that Iruma does this not because he was told to, but because he chose to do it. I mean seriously, what rank 6 demon just does what they're told to move up in the world? The fact is, Iruma can't coast in this test, the only way to pass is to exceed the expectations of the test itself. Looking at Asmodeus had to say, I also imagine we're going to see him go through his own bout of inner conflict as part of what will create problems for the group.

Dex-chan lover
I think Nova-kun must have some kind of hearing impairment or difficulty using his ears. That would explain why he's so focused on widening his repertoir of skills.
I was thinking something similar, though I'd lean towards "difficulty using his ears" since he was also affected by the megaphone the chief used. I'm wondering if it's something like he looks up to those that have made a name for themselves, but he lacks the talent needed to be as capable of that route, but he also didn't want to give up on his dreams (he may have also had to witness members of his tribe being mistreated if I had to guess :unsure: )

Dex-chan lover
Clara teaching Nova toytoy magic, how would that work? :question:
Don't take her literally and she's a genius at playing: We haven't seen anyone in the whole race use bloodline magic. And bloodline magic can provide a massive materiel improvement at almost zero cost. So not toytoy but teaching how to unlock it, and do the equivalent, is smart and fun.

Take her literally and she's crazy.

It would be interesting if Nova wasn't the leader of the tribes, since he seems a bit young for that responsibility. Their ears are very peculiar as well.

Wander if that is an artistic choice or if there is a meaning behind it.
I feel like Nova is better off as a general. He has passion and a good idea, but a leader also has be able to unite the entire tribe, not just some factions. Maybe leader-adjacent, such as a council member or smth?

Aggregator gang
Asmodeus is kinda reminding me of Sullivan and Poro-chan in a way. Both only see one person as their Demon Lord, Delkira, and have continued to be loyal to him even after he "disappeared".

Double-page supporter
I wonder if nova might be partially deaf since he said that sound training had nothing to do him. He was bothered by the village elder yelling at him last chapter but his reaction seemed really subdued compared to the other kids who were yelled at the chapter before

I think it’d also be an appropriate metaphor for Iruma s own journey. A person without the natural skills rising up to rule and be respected by everyone

Users who are viewing this thread