Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Ch. 75 - First Love

Dex-chan lover
It was already made known that the serie was going to end with volume 11 ever since volume 10 release so it been a good while already (since like october i think?), which volume release next month, with the raws at 78 is probably ending with 79, so this all going as planned as possible
Well then it sucks that after many chapters of comfy relationship stuff, they decided to shoot for the moon with weird drama at the very end and completely shit the bed in the process.

Double-page supporter
Norman_Osborn_is_betrayed_0-2_screenshot.png

Dex-chan lover
My expectations for this series were always low but holy hell
I think I mostly dropped this after arc when that couple of, I think they were siblings? went to look at the main couple at their date for some dumb reason, things started to get weird already, and there was another weird drama with that aro/ace girl trying to break with her boyfriend that also wasn't done well. This is bad, but unfortunately not unexpected from that author.
I was also reading Osanajimi and Ohimesama from same author, and while I like it somewhat, it had similar issues and ended unsatisfactorily.

Dex-chan lover
So...I guess this will be this manga's legacy if the ending is just around the corner.

No matter how this resolves what went on in these couple of chapters is absolutely nutty with knowledge of past events in mind. And the guy who royally screwed up her life for those years is basically completely off the hook lol

Thanked, even.

Dex-chan lover
Meguro clearly set boundaries in place to alleviate what concerns she perceives could exist in Koga's mind from her being tutored by Sensei, and to prevent her first love from committing acts that would create material, significant concerns that
would significantly harm Koga.

The focus of the chapter clearly is fixated upon how Meguro struggles to balance her desire to fully satisfy the person she is dating and fully satisfy her personal desire to move forward in life, which is something that Meguro never had to deal with before and throughout some of the series, because Meguro focused solely and entirely on dating someone and derived her own satisfaction from someone else's satisfaction.

The climax of the chapter comes when Meguro recognizes that in her situation she cannot satisfy her personal desires, and in her mind, also satisfy the desires of the person that she is dating, and so, Meguro chooses to break up with Koga, to place herself in the best mental state to enable her to satisfy her personal desire to achieve her goal.

This is very important for someone like Meguro, who was at the start of the series, an extreme doormat, who never even thought about finding satisfaction in doing what she liked.

It is very, very unfair to call it poor and thoughtless writing where the artist did not consider the characters or the story while writing.

Meguro does in a future chapter, call out Sensei for only considering her as a student and never considering her to be a lover, recognizing the underlying implications associable with the nature of a relationship like that, and showing the lens through which Meguro perceives the nature of Sensei's previous acts, showing that the author does have Meguro recognize and come to terms with the true nature of her relationship with Senpai.

Dex-chan lover
everyone around her : wow you have a kind bf that understand you.good for you
her : aight,break up time
woman's logic be like

Dex-chan lover
LMAO this is like rent a girlfriend but shoujo where the manga needs to be continued but the author couldn't keep things interesting outside the initial plot so they just make clearly idiotic issues that is either out of character or regresses whatever development characters have. fucking good job ruining a decent manga.

Supporter
If you click on the official raw, its up to chapter 78. I couldn't find any news about that, but it sure looks like chapter 78 is the last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
So uh . . . lemme get this straight. shes breaking with him because their relationship is distracting her?
And she thinks that by breaking up, somehow her feelings for him are gonna magically go poof and disappear, so she will be able to focus?
Did i get that right? Is she THAT retarded?

Fed-Kun's army
Meguro does in a future chapter, call out Sensei for only considering her as a student and never considering her to be a lover, recognizing the underlying implications associable with the nature of a relationship like that, and showing the lens through which Meguro perceives the nature of Sensei's previous acts, showing that the author does have Meguro recognize and come to terms with the true nature of her relationship with Senpai.
I am pretty sure I have seen this somewhere before - along the lines of "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they’re yours; if they don’t, they never were." - hence my first and second comment

But even doujin artists know very well that the risk of getting swept away by an "old flame" is very high - the MC making such a decision to let FMC sort things out with the "old flame" is effectively to leave everything to the graces of the "old flame" (
one doujin story line - not related to this series - went where the FMC similar to Meguro only woke up to her senses and bawled her eyes out in front of MC on coming to terms what was going all along as well, admitting she nearly got swept away again by her old flame when they accidentally met on the street once again - she got away only because her old flame (who also was her first time) gave up on trying to get free sessions again when she flinched for a moment and so the old flame called the FMC a slut in a public confrontation - even this is poor writing IMO but it's better than this one and I know people overlook it because they aren't really interested in the story line anyway - bonus points if you can guess the title solely on this
). It's like going all in hoping for a royal flush in Texas Hold Em before the river.

Last edited:
Supporter
This manga went from OK to fucked up real fast huh...
It was always fucked up, but in a more reasonable way (excluding Koga's increasingly inexplicable and inexcusable aversion to physical affection). This was beyond stupid and i can't believe Imouto-chan was even willing to let that molester physically enter her home.

Dropping this shit right now. I don’t even care if it’s supposed to get better in the next few chapters. This is the stupidest shit even and I’m not gonna keep reading it and let it make me angry like this. I’m done

I'm more amazed by the fact NONE of you saw the "writing on the wall" for the last what? 60 chapters? I'm not event talking about 30.5, this shit have had red flags of bullshit since chapter fucking one, just came back to read the comments and is pure gold. And it was not a lack of warning, a lot of people said that this was going to be a shitshow and got called incels... welp "you get what fucking deserve" I guess :p

Double-page supporter
To be honest, Meguro being an emotionally stunted weirdo was always a point of this story. It's just that one would think that after 9 volumes of character development she would at least show a capability to think about her feelings beyond immediate reactions. I mean, it's starting to get annoying how dumb she can be. Or rather, it's starting to get annoying how much author keeps Meguro and Koga from actually crossing the line to keep milking on the series.

I genuinely feel like the last year, starting with Meguro's mom arc, was more or less wasted. Author is basically stretching the series thin and the whole final exams arc is the worst way to do so. I mean, we had Koga's final exams. They have gone smoothly and actually allowed relationship to move forward. But this? At this point you kind of stop caring for the characters simply because they are too static. Regressing even.

Checked the comments and I'm glad I'm not the only infuriated one. I'll just wait until this manga ends, this is some BS arc.

Users who are viewing this thread