Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Ch. 75 - First Love

Dex-chan lover
It just bait. Like the whole drama gets rendered useless in like chapter 77. Even 76 hints that she wants to get back with him. It makes no sense haha. They get back together like instantly. I guess "breaking up" made her focus better and instantly put Koga out of her mind. idk.

Dex-chan lover
KINDLY FUCK OFF WITH THIS BS DRAMA 9°C

how often do authors need to learn that stuff like this ruins their works?

I give it a chance to steer against for next chapter. If it wont, dropped, And will be rated down 2/10 from 8/10.

Fuck this noise. Nah.

Dex-chan lover
The only reason she was "distracted" by thoughts of him to begin with is because he's too much of a passive bitch to actually interact with her consistently. He keeps putting her studies ahead of their interpersonal relationship and the relationship suffers because of that. Her "dumping" him let her not give a shit about what he was doing or thinking about so at least that part is consistent.

Honestly I was expecting Meguro's sister (the only actual good character in this series) to knock some sense into them but she's already got her hands full running interference to make sure Groomer-sensei doesn't get handsy again. Can the story just be about what a boss bitch she is from now on? She's way more interesting than Meguro and wouldn't put up with Koga's bullshit either. We need a story about her and her shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
This manga was done the moment author let us know that she (and Maguro) doesn't see anything wrong with what the predator of an ex did to her. Everything else has been the natural outcome including Koga's passive and cock like behaviour. He isn't even a character of his own. He just exist to fix(?) Maguro who, in this chapter, showed us that she is lost cause. She takes any advice no matter how stupid, to heart and puts it in to action. If short haired told her to fuck the ex so that they can see if they are over it, she would do it. She is broken.

Also, any normal guy, after hearing what she said would simply reach the conclude that the ex and Maguro actually made up and he is being kicked out. But he is not normal so who knows?
That’s 100% the natural through pathway. “They fucked and I’m getting dumped”

this is the most brain dead forced shit I’ve seen since ‘hokaido gals are cute’ killed off all the best girls just so the strumpet FMC can have a chance with her nonexistent chemistry.

Aggregator gang
Lol I low-key liked this. It shows how immature Meguro is. She ended things with Koga because she couldn't really deal with overthinking about the effect her decisions would have over him - whilst not giving him enough credit to deal with his own decisions. In a way, she just projected her insecurities over him and couldn't really deal with being responsible for those - even if those are just in her own imagination.
Yeah same (kinda). I swear people here aren't even reading the chapter, her breaking up with him has nothing to do with ntr. Her logic is basically, "if we're broken up I won't have to worry about him worrying about me since we're not bf and gf anymore". Retarded and probably not liable to work? Sure, but as we've seen the past 74 chapters she's on the spectrum hard. It being advice from her sociopath-lite friend doesn't help either. She even says "for now" so clearly not intending to be final (though that might just be the translation).
She didn't give Zaizen any second thought this chapter and even he didn't try anything (remains to be seen what he might try if he finds out they broke up, but either way Meguro will obviously reject him).
People frantically running to raws to see the ntr are retarded, it's not even ntrbait when thinking of Zaizen didn't factor into her decision at all. Author even has the sister supervising them

I said "kinda" before, because I still think Koga allowing all this is quite the ridiculous development and I think Meguro breaking up with him out of the blue here, even if it's for reasons that we know and he doesn't, is just meanspirited. It's one thing for Koga to trust Meguro this much but he has no reason to trust Zaizen that much, so this whole scenario is just kinda forced by Koga being made to be an idiot, and we could have done without it.

I think the author is going for an angle of "throw everything that can test their relationship at them at once, including temporarily offically breaking up, so that when they get back together in the end you know their relationship is strong and it's for good" and then the manga ends.

So yeah, this actually doesn't really affect or have any bearing on my overall feelings about the manga for me, i mean, it doesn't actually change anything much about their relationship or anything.
But I think it would have been more thoughtful and poignant to end the manga on overcoming more internal relationship stressors like difference in values or something, than all these temporary external ones like ex-bf and high school exams. They didn't even have sex yet lol
Though if it really was just axed and there was more planned I guess it's kinda not her fault, should have prioritized that over this arc though.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Axe-sama saved us!?
Oh praise the Lord! :win:
iu

Dex-chan lover
Are they trying to one-up how retarded one can be?

I don't care if Meguro would need heart surgery and Zaizen would be one of the top cardiothoracic surgeon, she should get anyone else and that groomer should never be anywhere around her. No, just no, fuck off, spread the salt, Kouhei!

And Meguro is definitely autistic, so I don't wanna be ableist and shit, but this is next level. 'We love each other and want the other to be happy so the good thing to do right now that it's getting complicated is to break up!' 👍

This is so infuriating especially when they have dealt several times with issues by talking through it.

The author tried to be original to tie up the ex issue but they instead went to pains to make the dude in itself not really an issue but the dumbassery of the two main became a menace.

Double-page supporter
ok, the very next page, Koga has to say the right thing in order to keep this on some sort of tracks

Dex-chan lover
Man, author/editor REALLY didn't want to end this series, and ran out of interesting stories for them while dating, so they just pulled out the most random ass stupid plot development huh? Either that, or they are really trying to get it axed because the editor won't let them finish it on their own terms, so steered the whole story into an ice berg to have an excuse to get axed.

Dex-chan lover
Man, author/editor REALLY didn't want to end this series, and ran out of interesting stories for them while dating, so they just pulled out the most random ass stupid plot development huh? Either that, or they are really trying to get it axed because the editor won't let them finish it on their own terms, so steered the whole story into an ice berg to have an excuse to get axed.
It was already made known that the serie was going to end with volume 11 ever since volume 10 release so it been a good while already (since like october i think?), which volume release next month, with the raws at 78 is probably ending with 79, so this all going as planned as possible

Users who are viewing this thread